It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont you love the irony here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Hamas and Hezbollah are throwbacks, trying to sabotage the flowering of democracy, McCormack said.

"They're trying to fight against that tide of democracy. The United States and its friends and allies are going to stand on the side of freedom, they're going to stand on the side of democracy and greater progress in that region," McCormack said. "And, ultimately, those forces will prevail."

Analysis: Bush has limited Mideast options

Sean McCormack is the US State Department spokesman. Dont you find it ironic that Hamas, a democratically elected government, would be accused of "trying to sabotage the flowering democracy" in the Middle East?

Hamas campagined for, and won, the popular vote in the Palestinian elections. If this is sabotaging the democracies of the Middle East we must be living in bizzaro-World.

Conversely the United States cut off funding for the Palestinian government because Hamas had won the election. Does Sean McCormack need reminding that black mailing the democratically elected government of the Palestinians by withholding vital financial aid is about as un-democratic as you can get?

Doesnt this sound like double speak to you? Shouldnt the moniker of democracy saboteur go to the United States government in its attempted blackmail and starvation of the democratically elected Palestinian government? I sure believe so!

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It definitely is ironic. This administration is like the mother who pushes their kids to do pageants, yet then crticizes the hell out of them. I have never in my life seen so much crticism of other countries and governments in my life.

new topics

join