It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kidnap of israeli soldiers is new 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Notice what's happening here?

*Israel is now basically at war with lebanon with hezballah says its ready for full open war with israel.

*The UN security council just had a vote on should Israel immediately cease fire... but the US vetoed that with Britain abstaining.

*Claims that missiles fired on Israel 'made in Iran'

*And the icing on the cake - Israeli navy ship damaged by drone carrying explosives

So is this the new 9/11? By that i mean, an event which is used to shape public opinion towards supporting a war in Iran, just as 9/11 was used to push for war in Iraq. We've all wondered just how the US and Israel would pull it off. The old 'they have WMD' is played out. But a conflict that spreads from Lebanon to Syria to Iran is much more credible and no-one can claim that you lied because there really is **** going down right now over there.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If it is an attempt at it, I don't think it's working.

Most people I'm talking to here in NJ seem to blame the Israelis.
As gas prices rise due to this, I expect to see more of it.

If Israel manages to alienate the US population enough, they can expect to lose US aid.
And without the massive aid they receive from the US, Israel's strategic position is hopeless.

[edit on 7/14/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
If it is an attempt at it, I don't think it's working.

Most people I'm talking to here in NJ seem to blame the Israelis.
As gas prices rise due to this, I expect to see more of it.

If Israel manages to alienate the US population enough, they can expect to lose US aid.
And without the massive aid they receive from the US, Israel's strategic position is hopeless.

[edit on 7/14/06 by xmotex]

Yup. The only reason Israel is still on the map is because of the sickening amounts of aid they get from the U.S. Pull Israel off the U.S. teat, and they are good as screwed.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
That's not true from a numeric point of view.
Isreal gets 2-3 billions from the US. That's ~3% of the Israeli Budjet.
It's a nice addition, but hardly a life support. You have to remember that only after 67 did the US started giving aid to Israel. In the first years, when Isreal could have really used that aid, it still maneged to survive fine without it.
When the aid was offered, Israel already had a pretty good economy, and today the aid is more a sort of sponsership to US military Industries (most of the aid is given as american military equipment), then any vital life line to Israel.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parmenides
That's not true from a numeric point of view.
Isreal gets 2-3 billions from the US. That's ~3% of the Israeli Budjet.
It's a nice addition, but hardly a life support. You have to remember that only after 67 did the US started giving aid to Israel. In the first years, when Isreal could have really used that aid, it still maneged to survive fine without it.
When the aid was offered, Israel already had a pretty good economy, and today the aid is more a sort of sponsership to US military Industries (most of the aid is given as american military equipment), then any vital life line to Israel.

Israel gets MUCH more than just 2-3 billion. They also get tech and weapons from us, and we do alot of trade with them.

Cut Israel off the U.S. teat and they are screwed.

top topics

join