It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My U.F.O. Sighting, A Report!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hey, everyone Ive been a member here at ATS for almost two years now. I remember when I first came here thinking in such a way that some things were plausible and others absolutley were not. Im not saying every topic is plausible, lol, not in the least. There are things that Ive now experinced and lived through, however to make me reconsider a few of things I used to dismiss in a heartbeat.

The following is one of the events in my life that has caused me to think about things in this world in a different light then before. First of all, I am going to say I am Christian, and I believe that the word of God is infallable, the only absolute truth. Now, the reason I stated that is just to give you a background of myself. Ive always been semi-open to all sorts of conspiracys, but have always looked with a doubting eye. (which I still think is a good thing) However, when I read topics on the subject of Aliens/U.F.O.'s ive always considered the people a bit looney. Shortly after that changed....

This is the first time ive gone public with my sighting, before I only discussed this with very close friends/family and the other person involved in the sighting.

It was in my Freshmen year at the Universty of N. Colorado, it was late september/early October, the year was 2004. It was a nice late afternoon, about 7:15 p.m. approxemently 65 degrees outside. The visability was fine, sun was in the west over the mountians, not yet dark at all. Me and a group of about eight friends were headed out on a wednsday night, what the students like to call "wasted wednesday". We were headed over (on foot) to a good friends for some Bar-B-Que and beers, and then later gonna hit up the party's. Me and my friend from Highschool, had fallen behind about 20 yards and were debating wether or not to drink that night. We were walking in a south-east direction, crossing a street almost to the house. There was a massive tree right above the rest of our friends, they had crossed already and werent waiting for us. They were walking down the side walk now headed due west.

When all of the sudden, after I had steped into the street I noticed a massive object in the sky. It was practically right above us, (I guess if the object and I were to be on a level plane it was probably only 40 yards south of me) which as you an imagine, is extremely close. The object wasnt very high for something of this magnitutde, it was HUGE!!!! If I had to guess, maybe 25 stories at MOST. It is hard for me to describe to others the true size of this craft, I would estimate however 300+ yards long. (THREE FOOTBALL FIELDS!) It wasnt wide also, I would say 100 yards long. The actual object itself was not moving just hovering almost directly above us. I tapped Lance with my hand, before I could say anything to him he goes "WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT." The two of us stood about a 1/4 way in the middle of the street looking up. LOL. It was huge that was the first thing one would notice, secondly would be the color of the object. Unlike anything earthly color I have ever laid my eyes upon, mostly brown/tan/gold. The colors werent solid, almost swirled throught, it also seemed to be metallic. Lastly were the lights on the bottom, (which is mostly what we saw) I cant tell you how many, anywere from 4-6. It stayed above us for about 25 seconds without moving, which seemed like an eternity. Lance was already running in circles, yelling and screaming for our buddies to come look. I also started saying, "guys you better come LOOK AT THIS." Right as I finished my sentence, the vehicle took off at an unearthly speed. It went upwards but also westwards, so fast i cant begin to explain it. Just thinking about the speed it must have gone gives me the willies. It was sooo big though my eye was able to track it for the split second it left, then was outta sight. Lance ran up to me eyes wide as can be and goes, "BRANDON! WHAT WAS THAT THING!!".

I will continue/ask questions in my next post.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Meanwhile, while this was going on, the others stopped and couldnt figure out what we were doing. (looking up at the sky in the middle of the street) One of our buddies can over to us, by the time he looked up he was able to see it for " 2 or 3 seconds then watch it speed off" He also asked me what it was... All I could say was "I know we didnt make that." I looked over and saw some cars coming took a a few step forwards and got into the the middle turn lane. The three of us stood there, I was almost unable to speak still looking up. The one who just saw it briefly didnt seem to care much. However, thats all we and Lance could think about, what was that thing? it was soo big! how did it move that fast? Were the three things that kept crossing my mind.

Everyone we were with didnt know what to think. They thought we just saw a big plane or something...LOL. So we dropped it with the group, and went to the house to try to have a normal rest of the night. However me and lance after the party's (which we both decided not to drink at) just went back to my doorm and talked almost allnight.

So yeah, thats my sighting...

Ok, now I have a few questions. This wasnt your normal "flying saucer" I have heard and read so much about. Its shape is hard to describe, the only thing i can really think of is like a mothership you would see on T.V./movies. That however just doesnt seem fitting.... As good as I can get though, wasnt saucer, cigar, or "plane like" in anyway.

Is this a common kind of craft?
Ive never heard of a sighting with a vechicle like this before, most seem to be saucer, or "lgihts", or in the odler days cigar shaped. Ive heard Northern Colorado/ Wyoming has been infamous for U.F.O. sightings. Anyone know of a government base close to Greeley Colorado? What would it be doing over greeley, nothing out there but cows.

Also when I tell the story the first thing people ask is, were you drinking.... No I was 100% sober and probably had been for the month.
Now, coming from my background and seeing this type of thing, I would bet most of you can already guess what I made of it.... To me it was demonic. I dont think we are near capable of being able to create something that big, that fast. I have researched over the last two years biblical phenomenon, as well as other early writings about vehicles in the sky. After all that study Aliens as we know them today, I consider demonic. That however is a whole debate thats been covered here on ATS before.

So the reason why im posting.
A. To get the word out.
B. To get your feedback and opinons.
C. Also to hear what you think the origin of these might be and why they are seen throught history.

Thanks for reading, I tried to give the most detail I could, if you have any questions though feel free to ask. I could have left something out. I believe that I saw this thing as much as I believe I am breathing today.

Apperciate your input in advanced, Brandon, a.k.a Scyman.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ok what an honor to have witnessed such an unbelievable event.Some questions though.

Why do u come forward with this story now, almost 2 years later after the events? Seriously if i had the honors of witnessing such an event then it would be the first topic i open here on ats.

Since we are talking about a huge object then somebody else besides u 2 must have seen it.Your other friends gotta have seen it to.Are u sure there are no other witnesses? I am not so sure since it really was such a big object of 300+ yards like u claim.

Did it make any sound in particular?

U are a Christian, what does that have to do with the ufo sighting? Do u think it had any relation to God?

Surely theres a reason why the ufo showed itself at that low altitude.What is your personal view regarding this event?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
WoW... it woulda been great if I had could witness an event like that. Was it Triangular in shape at all, cause I believe I heard massive almost triangle UFO'S seen in Nevada by 100s of people.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by onbekend59
Ok what an honor to have witnessed such an unbelievable event.Some questions though.

Why do u come forward with this story now, almost 2 years later after the events? Seriously if i had the honors of witnessing such an event then it would be the first topic i open here on ats.

Since we are talking about a huge object then somebody else besides u 2 must have seen it.Your other friends gotta have seen it to.Are u sure there are no other witnesses? I am not so sure since it really was such a big object of 300+ yards like u claim.

Did it make any sound in particular?

U are a Christian, what does that have to do with the ufo sighting? Do u think it had any relation to God?

Surely theres a reason why the ufo showed itself at that low altitude.What is your personal view regarding this event?

First of all the main reason I didnt post this right away on ATS is I wasnt an active member throught most of that time. I came by the site once a week or so to look at threads of intrest but I havent had enought time on my hands to wirte the whole thing out and stay active in the thread like i wanted to. Now since i have nothing to do till i leave for Navy basic for the next 12 days i figured now would be a good time. Also i guess maybe a bit of laziness, like i said i talked about it with a few buddies and stuff. I guess I just didnt feel the need to go running to the internet to get people to believe me. Now however i wanna hear others opinion now that I have tired to get my own.

Also like I said, there was a third witness who ran back across the street to see it. The others were more intrested in getting to the barbque then what we were doing I guess lol. Actually i checked the paper and did a quick search online over the next couple of days to see if there were others, I found nothing.

NO SOUND.

Like I said in my orginial post, the reason I said, "I am Christian, and I believe that the word of God is infallable, the only absolute truth." Was to give a background of myself, like I also said in the first post.

Also I was an unbeliever in events like this beforehand like a lot of the church is. At least they tend to be slower to believe then others...

Finally, that was kinda what I was asking. What would an object of this great size and obviously importance be doing in Greeley? I dont have the least idea, I guess of all the questions that is the one that has bugged me the most.

so yeah, good questions onbekend. I whish I had an answer to that last one.

Do u think it had any relation to God?

edit: Regarding what I believe about it being demonic of orgin (at least so far). There is to me a heavy "evil" in Greeley lots of drugs, violence, hippies, that sort of thing. Whether that has anything to do with it or not i dunno. I doubt it. But i guess it wouldnt be out of the question but then agian what isn't?

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Scyman]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If an object that huge was to appear above my town (Population around 200,000) the whole damn town would know about it, and it would be all over the news.

Sorry, but I'm a wee bit skeptical about this.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thekherham
If an object that huge was to appear above my town (Population around 200,000) the whole damn town would know about it, and it would be all over the news.

Sorry, but I'm a wee bit skeptical about this.

Trust me if I were to read this two years ago I would say the same thing! I dont have an explination as to why it seems only three of us saw it. I know it wasnt on the news or in the paper, but that also doesnt mean no one else saw it. I just havent been able to contact them, as far as my credibity goes, Look at my past posts. I never before have made any unusual claims etc. One of the other reasons I thought twice recently about posting this, is that i have been active in the theology and spirituality forums. I didnt want people who may have possible being lead by the Lord by my postings to be mislead by my story. Thinking im just another lunitac ATS'er lol, not like all are on here, but some are. LOL

Edit: Also anytime there is a claim like this I think it is good to be skeptical, but as much as I can assure you, I am to the ABSOLUTE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, telling you what I saw.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
A spaceship hovers over your head right in front of you for 25 seconds and you thinks its demons? Anything not of planet earth is "demonic"? there couldnt possibly be a species that exists on another planet and be benevolent? This sort of primitive thinking is what got us into holy wars/crusades. This sort of mentality led to witch burnings and the murders of so many pagans. Not to criticise you, but seriously.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
O.k., here's some speculation:

Maybe the aliens used some kind of mind control that made the ship invisible, i.e. it was there, but people couldn't see it. And maybe you and the other two people were immune to this mind control.

I don't know *shrugs.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I know intelligent christians that take the church and even biblical text with a grain of salt. These are what call intelligent christians with whom I can have an intelligent rational conversation.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zyklonBZ_22_19
A spaceship hovers over your head right in front of you for 25 seconds and you thinks its demons? Anything not of planet earth is "demonic"? there couldnt possibly be a species that exists on another planet and be benevolent? This sort of primitive thinking is what got us into holy wars/crusades. This sort of mentality led to witch burnings and the murders of so many pagans. Not to criticise you, but seriously.

Wow, I dont take well to that last post zyklon. I am saying I dont know what it was! That being my worldview is the best thing I can come up with, I am posting to see what you think. I dont apperciate you calling what i have spent two years researching and dwelling on primitve.

If you think differently maybe you could help by giving your opinion on what it might possibly be.

Edit: In response to your "intelligent Chrstian" reply below, I am more open minded and not as dogmatic as some christians are. I believe everyone has a worldview based off of thier experinces and have good reasons for what they believe. SO dont make hasty generlization about me before you know me.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I apologise for my bluntness

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I dont want you to think Im attacking you, Im not calling you unintelligent, in my opinion I just think that this sort of thinking is a bit self centered. So I ask you, can you clear up what you ment? Or do you indeed feel any beings not from this world are demons?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zyklonBZ_22_19
I dont want you to think Im attacking you, Im not calling you unintelligent, in my opinion I just think that this sort of thinking is a bit self centered. So I ask you, can you clear up what you ment? Or do you indeed feel any beings not from this world are demons?

No problem. Thanks for clearing up your earlier post...

You know I dont know what to think about life on other planets. On the one hand the universe is utterly vast, I havent seen but a tiny tiny percent of what there is out there. So I dont know, is it possible sure it is.

However, coming from the position I do, that being that the bible is the authority. I am currently leaning towards the idea that the craft (obviously not coming from this world) may have been either demonic in origin. Who knows maybe angelic, I do believe however this is a phenomenon that has been ongoing for generations and we arent the first to experince this. There are arieal phenomenons mentioned in the early church such as "charriots in the sky", Ezel's. wheel, and others as I am sure you are well aware of.

What is this phenomenon I DONT KNOW! Is it possible its "alien" sure, is it possible its demonic/angelic sure!... see what im getting at... lol. Its a tough question.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I REALLY dont want to debate or argue. My hasty generalization was based on your statement...that is what I know of scyman. That is all I know of scyman. Scyman believes it MAY have been of demonic origin, wich I think is primitive thinking, why? Simply because this sort of thinking has murdered many people who chose not to practice this way of thinking. Im sorry if you are offended by this.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Scratch the above post. I understand that here is where we differ

-I am open to tthe fact that it may have been of alien origin
-I am open to the fact that it could be government black ops
-I am not, hoever open to the fact that it is of religious origin (in the earthly sense)

correct me if im wrong...

-You are open to the fact that it may be of alien origin
-you are open to the fact that it may be of religious orgin

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
with all that aside.. congradulations on the sighting it really mustve been something. ive had a few but nothing of that magnitude. very impressive. did it by chance leave any physical evidence? did it perhaps drop debris?. did it make any sound when it sped off

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You are correct, I too could see it being black ops. I guess it would be self-righteous for me to make the hasty generliazation that there is no-way it was manmade. What do I know about hidden technology, if it does in fact exists lol.
SO I would agree that we are both open to all three ideas of origin, however we both lean more towards one then the other(s).

edit: As far as physical evidence, other then sight...none. No debry fell as it sped off and I, with the yelling of my friend could not hear any type of sound either..lol I do know however that it made NO SOUND while hovering.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Where there "windows" or openings that you couldve seen into....any silouettes of beings? There where a few witnesses from the phoenix lights that claimed to have seen humanoid silouettes in the craft. Could you draw this thing? Did it have such an odd shape that it could not be described as (roughly), round, square/angular, multidimentional, voltron
etc?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
There were no openings to where I could say that yeah, there were windows.
Also most of what I could see was the bottom, it was infront of me just enough so i could tell it was three-demensional before it took off. After it sped off there was no doubt it was 3-D, as far as the actual shape. Extremely hard to discribe, not circular in anyway.. I have done and just did a google/yahoo image search to see if I could find anything close and I am so far unsucessful. I am an awful artist, yet I could probably make a decent enough picture to give yall a better idea...

humm... Im trying to think as to what I could describe it as, its sooo hard lol.

Well, while looking for it in the image search, i would say that the texture is most simular to that of the big vehicles from independence day, not the color however. Sorry, i wanted to stay away from hollywood as much as possible, but that looks really close. Like I said the color isnt the same, but texture is right on.

WOW, I whish I would have had a camera sooooo bad. LOL. Actually, its kind of funny, from that day on I have a disposable in the glove compartment in my car.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join