It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Has Unmaned Drones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
"A Hizbullah strike on an IDF warship off the Lebanese coast damaged the ship severely, The IDF confirmed to The Jerusalem Post late Friday."

www.jpost.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Interesting. Seems to show that the ships defensive abilities were worthless.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
just read this in the bcc news and the israelis just said slightly
not severly (since they would have needed a very large explosive to cause sever damage) unless they can get a small explosive next to the ship and do what the damn busters did in WW2 and use the water around the ship and magnify the explosiion and so forth

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingMongolBlueHat
"A Hizbullah strike on an IDF warship off the Lebanese coast damaged the ship severely, The IDF confirmed to The Jerusalem Post late Friday."

www.jpost.com...

just a quote and link, no real interaction from the original poster? I feel like I'm at CNN.com or something

The organization's Al-Manar TV reported that Israeli warplanes fired a missile in the vicinity of the Al-Nour station in the Haret Hreik neighborhood south of Beirut but missed the facility and struck an apartment in a residential building instead. There was no immediate word on casualties, and the station remained on the air.

missed, lol.

So what size are these drones? I didnt seem to find it in the article

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Drones LOL? I dont think so. Good grief.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It seems as if the Hizubullah are pretty well armed, not a bunch of mongrels..

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
They dont have drones!!! LOL i swear some of the imaginations of folks on here is frightening.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This article was from Jpost, which is the Jerusalem Post. They do have UAVs as scary as that may seem. I think this is really interesting. Fox news is also running the report and showed the burning israeli warship.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't see why so many people are rejecting this. The Jerusalem Post is stating that the Israeli Defense Force is saying that a UAV was used.

I mean, all UAVs aren't US Predator Drones. Iran has lots of Drones of various designs. Considering that the Palestinians are able to make homemade rockets, it shouldn't be too surprising that Hezbollah is able to field a remote controlled plane.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Let's be honest, this isn't that advanced.

As long as you understand the basics of flight, which somewhere like wikipedia can explain. As long as you can import model aircraft and have someone who can fly it with a remote control. You've got UAV's and as long as you can make bombs you can turn them into missiles.

They didn't need Iran or anyone else to help them. They can probably order something like this off of the net. If anything it probably wasn't that hard to modify, especailly if they have a few Uni Students/educated people in their ranks.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I retract my earlier statements...indeed both Fox and CNN are reporteing that the attack may have been an unmanned drone. Wonder where they got it from?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I retract my earlier statements...indeed both Fox and CNN are reporteing that the attack may have been an unmanned drone. Wonder where they got it from?

EBAY?

Dude, read the above posts!

This was not a Predator being operated from 5000 miles away.

It was likely a REMOTE CONTROL plane, the kind any person has been able to purchase cheaply for decades.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by cavscout]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What size drone are we talking about here? I also think that intelligence would have to be looking at remote controlled planes being sold off of ebay to middle east countries LOL. I think they got them from Iran.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
It seems as if the Hizubullah are pretty well armed, not a bunch of mongrels..

It is shocking that reading on these threads in the past few days that so few people, especially Americans, seem to realise that Hezbollah are incredably well armed and trained. They fought the IDF for 20 years, forced them out of Lebanon.

They also get $100 million/year from Iran, weapons that include advanced anti-tank mines and missiles, intermidiate range rockets, body armour, night vision, the list goes on.

They are NOT a bunch of silly terrorists, but a well equipped and motivated Guerilla Army. Big difference.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
True...they are much better equipped than the typical run of the mill rag head terrorist. Still, it wont stop Israel from taxing that ass.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
True...they are much better equipped than the typical run of the mill rag head terrorist. Still, it wont stop Israel from taxing that ass.

Israel has yet to defeat Hezbollah in over 25 years of fighting them. They pulled out of Lebanon originally due to the flak they were taking from them.

I have no confidence in the IDF's ability to combat Hezbollah. Historically, conventional armies fall foul of Guerilla armies over a prolonged period.

This is why we have seen Israel switch from a brief (and unsuccessful) land incursion to bombing civilian infrastructure. They are trying to intimidate the civlilians i nto pressuring Hezbollah.

They have yet to back into Lebanon to retireve the bodies of the 8 soldiers they lost on the first day of fighting. This is because they know full well what Hezbollah are capable of doing to them if they cross that border.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
It is shocking that reading on these threads in the past few days that so few people, especially Americans, seem to realise that Hezbollah are incredably well armed and trained. They fought the IDF for 20 years, forced them out of Lebanon.

They also get $100 million/year from Iran, weapons that include advanced anti-tank mines and missiles, intermidiate range rockets, body armour, night vision, the list goes on.

They are NOT a bunch of silly terrorists, but a well equipped and motivated Guerilla Army. Big difference.

Yeah, I agree. Anyone who knows about Beqqa, knows that there is a reason the IDF has not made an armored push yet. The same reasons why we bombed the snark out of Iraq in GW1. Might want to remind my fellow American members that they ran the US Marines out of Beriut as well. You can make the point that we could have kick A an took names but the political enviroment did not allow it, but the fact is we cut and ran. Heck the French did more about their truck bomb than we did...the French...gahh!

If the IDF really wants to root out Hezbollah, they will be forced to take out Beqqa. Since the IRG is there and it is so close ot Syria...well this could get ulgy fast.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Whit hit the INS "Hanit"(Spear in hebrew)a Sa'ar 5 class corvette, was a chines C-802(YJ-82) anti-ship cruis missile supplied by Iran, the ship is currntly docked at Haifa port.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurnas
Whit hit the INS "Hanit"(Spear in hebrew)a Sa'ar 5 class corvette, was a chines C-802(YJ-82) anti-ship cruis missile supplied by Iran, the ship is currntly docked at Haifa port.

Missile supplied by Iran...Ship supplied by Northrop Grumman Ship Systems aka USA. 1 Less ship attacking innocent Lebanese civilians and Various other foreign nationals. Definitely wont invest in Caterpillar or Northrop for sure.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Missile supplied by Iran...Ship supplied by Northrop Grumman Ship Systems aka USA. 1 Less ship attacking innocent Lebanese civilians and Various other foreign nationals. Definitely wont invest in Caterpillar or Northrop for sure.

Oh please pie spare us your drivel. The ship was designed and built by Israel.
The C-802 is considered to be one of the better examples of export antiship cruise missiles in the world and it could not sink a 488t ship.

Iran better have better kit than that if they want to take out a USN boat. Heck a FFG is 10x (+4000t) the displacement of the Saar4.5.
Shoot I am impressed that the little boat could take that kind of hit though. I would say ISL did a good job.
BTW your oh so great Hizballah did a real bang up job sinking that Egyptian cargo ship, though. I guess that is one less cargo ship bringing supplies to cities in the Med. Not to mention Egypt's opinion of Lebanon/Hizballah.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join