It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeless Questions for Answers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If you have any questions or contradictions that you feel are unanswered, regarding the paranormal and its spirituality post them here. I would appreciate to hear all of your timeless conundrums. Perhaps by asking questions we can find answers.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
1) out of all the religions who has the answers to the right questions?

i mean there are loads of different types of religion.

also one that is not sort of spiritual.

2) is zero a number?

can i have the answer to that, i am sure it has been answered, but cannot be bothered to look it up.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
1) out of all the religions who has the answers to the right questions?

i mean there are loads of different types of religion.

also one that is not sort of spiritual.

2) is zero a number?

can i have the answer to that, i am sure it has been answered, but cannot be bothered to look it up.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by andy1033]

1) Religeon is mans way of disregarding personal spiritual experience. Therefore the answers lay within yourself.

2) Yes, because without ONE it wouldn't exist. Hence.. Zero is Two... it requires a something to be a nothing.

edit: The funniest thing is Nothing *IS* a something.

[edit on 14/7/06 by dnero6911]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What would be the motivation for an omnipotent, infinite and all powerful being, and entity which has no needs, to create an inhabited universe? Since the thing would have no needs, it would not be "lonely," or "curious," or anything like that. Why would this being do such a thing?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Very nice answers DNero!

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
1) roman catholic church claims homosexuality is a spiritual matter. define what is spiritual about your sexuality. how is being gay, a spiritual matter, which the i have heard some priests say can be fixed with spiritual healing and teaching?

2) explain to me a reason why human sacrifice and things like that are used in human ceremonies. what is the purpose, are they tapping into something bigger, can anyone explain fully the reason for human sacrifice?

3) what does chicken taste like(lol)?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
1. Spirit has no gender, but some of them keep their gender as part of their identity. Sexuality is not spiritual.

2. Fear.

3. An expression of consciousness.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
What would be the motivation for an omnipotent, infinite and all powerful being, and entity which has no needs, to create an inhabited universe? Since the thing would have no needs, it would not be "lonely," or "curious," or anything like that. Why would this being do such a thing?

The motivation is something in itself.. which is not necessary for 'himself' if you know what I mean, he didn't need motivation or reason, because those things came FROM him, not before him, like he did not learn of them.

But as for your question, WHY?.. That .. I cannot answer, I suppose it would be like asking you, why did you toss away that apple core and give life to the bacteria and such that are produced from it?... That is merely one way of approaching the question, because honestly I don't think anyone who could answer it correctly except to say for love

Originally posted by andy1033
2) explain to me a reason why human sacrifice and things like that are used in human ceremonies. what is the purpose, are they tapping into something bigger, can anyone explain fully the reason for human sacrifice?

Well, human sacrifice has deep roots.
The reason why we were made was to capture a certain essence which is inside us, I suppose we are merely a bi-product... but anyhow.. the 'ancient' peoples thought that there was this immense energy trapped or stored up, inside of us, and they believed the blood carried this 'energy' (which it does, but it also contains masses of drugs made by the brain, the pineal gland, etc..) and they believed by sacrificing someone they could release this energy, either by drinking the blood or simply killing the person and doing encantations or what-not to contain the spirit as it left the body. Aliester Crowley explains human sacrifice a lot more than I can, but I do have this to say in the subject, that it is unnecessary considering all one has to do is release those chemicals in themselves... (The sacrificee, would obviously be terrified or in a trance-like state, which produce the release of highly intoxicating chemicals into the blood, chemicals that are similiar to '___'/'___' and Opiates etc...)
the reason I say it is unnecessary is because knowledge has severly surpassed the 'magic' of yester-years, and energy transfer no longer has to be 'stolen' it's more than willingly handed over now-a-days..

[edit on 14/7/06 by dnero6911]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

You are making asumptions about the creator. S/He/It might be omnipotent and infinite, but It might now.

Why do people play computer games like Civilization, Sim-City and all the other Sims? Simulations are fun and sometimes even educational.

Some time in the not to distant future we are going to start modeling universes. Some day we will have self aware AIs. I think we too will become gods and create universes with inhabitants that think they are as real as we are.

I'm not saying I think thats what the universe is, but I have read articles arguing that since we will eventually one day do it. And then likey the inhabitants of our virtual world will one day reach our level of technology and they to will build their own virtual world with virtual inhabitants who think they are real who go on to build their own virtual world... You see where this is going? Down a very deap rabit hole. hehe. But seriously. If this does or will happen, statistically what are the chances that you inhabit the universe at the top of the chain? After all there might be a chain of thousands of virtual worlds inside the real one. What makes you think our universe is one at the top?

Vas

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Something cannot be created from nothing.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Something to say before my question: God is a figment of our imagination, He was created by humans becuase they knew they were going to die and they wanted somewhere to go besides an eternity of darkness. They were also lonely and needed someone to look up to like a father.

Why is it that other people besides me dont realize this Also, they dont want to believe that they are dying to go to a eternity of darkness and emptiness....

And a bonus question, if God and Heaven do exist, why is it everyone wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die to get there?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rekar
Something to say before my question: God is a figment of our imagination, He was created by humans becuase they knew they were going to die and they wanted somewhere to go besides an eternity of darkness. They were also lonely and needed someone to look up to like a father.

Have u even been outside before?... do you not find it difficult to come up with a new prime color? .. do you have troubles putting elephants and monkey and eels and birds together?

Feel lonely? need the company of another person? .. like the drugs you consume? caffeine, nicotine, ? or perhaps the mass amounts of highly complex chemicals that are produced by your pineal gland? or any other gland and duct-less gland, that control your mood from moment to moment, and if it were off a bit, you'd either be too happy, not happy enough, violent, depressed, murderous... etc.. it's funny how balance is JUST there ... and funny how balance keeps itself 'balanced' .. must just be 'naturally like that' or 'evolution' can't be God, because we know 'evolution' and 'naturally like that' they were kickin' it with me last night, we drank some beers.. because they are sooo real

edit: another thought... u have any idea how our imagination works? or if it's 'fake'???

[edit on 16/7/06 by dnero6911]

Why is it that other people besides me dont realize this Also, they dont want to believe that they are dying to go to a eternity of darkness and emptiness....

And a bonus question, if God and Heaven do exist, why is it everyone wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die to get there?

dear god, go experience life, TRY NEW THINGs... This statement is very closed minded and not taking REAL life into account...

dying and going to an eternity of darkness and emptiness? COME ON!, People HERE who have had near death experiences tell us the exact opposite... (although some experiences have been unpleasant, I can't deny that)

Ohhh Ohhh A bonus question, I feel so lucky, cuz its bonus..

Who the hell said you had to die to get to heaven? The Jesus I know told me it was already here,... its inside of me and outside of me... everywhere, we simply haven't recognized it.
I apologize for coming off as an a$$hole, but really, Go do some research, or READ something for heavens sake...

[edit on 16/7/06 by dnero6911]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I don't want to die, but don't fear it, and when I do go, I look forward to what lies ahead. As for God being just a mental construct made up out of a fear of death, I don't understand that at all. I would think people would be less concerned about death if they believed that nothing followed, because then there is no chance of facing any scary situations, or being shown your lifetime of wrongs. I used to not believe in the afterlife, and now I do, and that change didn't affect my views about dying. I didn't fear it before, nor after. It is a certainty, it will happen, maybe tomorrow, maybe far off in time. You don't know, and can't pick your time, unless of course you take your own life. That is like telling God, 'You can't fire me, I quit!'
I have no questions at this time.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
We fear the unknown because we fear ourselves and our true nature which goes beyond the physical flesh, we ARE the Unknown and yet we pretend to be flesh first then Spirit.You are a physical composite of a mental projection, guided by the self that is All knowing, that's right, you already KNOW.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Why do people look for answers? Answers are an end-point, not a beginning. The Beginning is the Question, and attempting to answer the question leads one down the path of understanding.

It's not the answers that are important, it's the questions. A Religion or Science that claims to have all the answers, must not have asked that many important questions!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Those were actually questions posed by my very closed mind friend. I myself believe in afterlife and im always open to new ideas. But Id thought I would post that and see what responses i got from it. My friend doesnt accept many new ideas about religion and afterlife, as you may see by these questions.

Heck, my grandma read the bible everyday until she got what she wanted from it, understanding. She eventually got it, but she is open minded about religion and doesnt sit in an Iron Block saying this is wrong or this is right.

Rekar

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
Why do people look for answers? Answers are an end-point, not a beginning. The Beginning is the Question, and attempting to answer the question leads one down the path of understanding.

It's not the answers that are important, it's the questions. A Religion or Science that claims to have all the answers, must not have asked that many important questions!

Thank you...

(18) The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will come to pass." Jesus said, "Then have you laid bare the beginning, so that you are seeking the end? For the end will be where the beginning is. Blessed is the person who stands at rest in the beginning. And that person will be acquainted with the end and will not taste death."

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
How bout...

How does dust get on ceilings?

Why do most spirits decide to linger, after they realize they are already dead?

How much does gods/goddess agree with religions, and are they as spitful as we are lead to beleive?

How much wood, can a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? (j/k)

[edit on 18-7-2006 by JessicaS]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I am not sure if this has ben presented before....but....zero is not a number...;..it is a placeholder. It was invented to distinguish between ;one and nothing' and then for convenience(zero is convenient) it helped to distinguish 'new sets'........thus addition and future mathmatics have come to rely on it.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
How does Dust get on the Ceiling? Well, my answer would be the dust accumulates a static charge, kind of like when you rub a baloon on your head and it sticks to a wall, the same thing happens with the dust particles... Floating around in the air, they gain a static charge from colliding with other molecules in the air.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join