It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Alien Worm Video????????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Weird Alien Worm Video????????

Does anyone know what kind of animal this is?
Click here

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It is a caterpillar.
Worms don't have legs.

It looks a little like the, puss caterpillar.

Check out all these different caterpillars.
www.javajane.co.uk...

Some look even stranger than the one in the video.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
My first thought was that someone dressed their dog up or somethin

But now since i saw all your picture. It isnt a dressed up dog

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
That thing is definately wicked looking. I think I've seen that video on here somewhere else though. Doubt it's much more than a rare caterpiller.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I agree it looks like the puss caterpillar, but I don't think it is the puss caterpillar. It could be related to the puss caterpillar, as their are similiarities.

New species crop up every day; it may even be a moth once thought wiped out. I must admit I find watching it intriquing.

I wonder why the woman said not to touch it? It is just a caterpillar looking for a place to pupate.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
That's quite amazing. I didnt think it was a carerpillar until i saw the puss one. Its probably just an overweight puss caterpillar.

The woman probably said not to touch it because its weird looking and doesnt want the other person to catch some disease or something

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i just saw this video on break.com today and was going to make a topic on it, but apparently there already is one. glad to hear it is a caterpillar...very strange.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It seems to move very mechanically and isn't really that much in focus but that's probably the sceptic in me

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It does look mechanical in its movements, doesn't it?

The 'skin' doesn't look that complex, it could be some kind of latex or rubber. The 'spines' on the back also seem to move in clockwork fashion.

The face is hard to see, I can't tell if it's got little caterpillar mandibles, or what.

Wierd...

I'm leaning towards a clever little animatronic hoax at the moment...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I've only seen one once. The person I was with called it a wooly worm. Here is another link with good photo's. I did know they could sting. Good thing I did not pick it up

link

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The subject of this video doesn't really look like a puss caterpillar though...

The puss caterpillar has legs under its body, and they're very tiny, for one (this thing's legs are huge, protruding out from the side). The skin also appears to be quite different.

Maybe this thing is a puss caterpillar that got dipped in nacho cheese?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
well it looks like a childs toy to me. the head bobs up and down but the back doesn't move in sync with it. a few times you can see its face and it doen't look like a catiparrel's to me. the skin that can be seen looks every straight like it was manufactered. so i think it is a fake

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It looks real to me, and it certainly looks strange, but it appears terestrial, not alien.

The woman's voice tells me that this video is either Canadian or American, probably American. I suspect the critter in question is just an exotic catapiller. I recall about 20 years ago seeing a large about a hand span in size, that was definately not native to North America. Seeing an odd catapiller from elsewhere in the world does not strike me as impossible at all.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What y'all need to look for is variations....this thing has a diffret colored head from the body, and both catepillars that this is similar to has more of a solid look.

Most exotic looking catepillars are poisonous, or have severe skin irritants in their feet. One such sucker got on my leg when I was about 3, and I started freaking out, and my dad had to come outside and get it off of me. He put a piece of cardboard over it and told me to stomp it to death.
It was a good thing he did. I'm prone to childhood scare related phobias. That and frogs he managed to get me to quit freaking out over...but he never did cure my fear of grasshoppers. I don't think he was there to fix it at the time.
Still freaked out by them, too.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
The subject of this video doesn't really look like a puss caterpillar though...

The puss caterpillar has legs under its body, and they're very tiny, for one (this thing's legs are huge, protruding out from the side). The skin also appears to be quite different.

Maybe this thing is a puss caterpillar that got dipped in nacho cheese?

If you look closely, the legs aren't what's making it move forward. I think the design of the bug is to make it seem like it has furry legs like a rodent or a dog to make it look less vulnerable. It does move with tiny legs directly underneath.

I've been looking at the puss caterpillar pictures and I don't think it is a puss caterpillar because it's so dramatically different. Just because it's hairy, doesn't mean it's a puss caterpillar... I really can't imagine something that big and fat getting into a coccoon and turning into a butterfly.

What's funny is that I was JUST about to make a topic about this too. I don't think it's a hoax, probably a crossbreed or a deformed caterpillar. Never seen any videos or pictures of a caterpillar that looks even similiar besides that same exact one.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i think its a catapiller.....if i can remember correctly there is an exsisting thread...that might tell you exactly what it is...but im sure they found it was a catapiller

top topics

join