It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus = Alien?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Can anyone give some more information for me here.
Jesus looks similer to the accounts of nordics right.
Plus there is some evedence to support he could of been an alien visitor making a first contact atempt.

First of all, Mary had no husband, or boyfriend, she had no man, she was a virgin, perhaps she was inseminated?

Second, the north star shone bright over where Jesus was born, perhaps this was a UFO?

Jesus could heal people and generate food and water, im sure some of that could be completed with alien technoligy.

He also never said he was the REAL son of god, he said he was the son of god which could of been metaphorical for that he works with god, like the peacefull alien encounters.
He said he came from the heavens, perhaps he was a Nordic.

Anyone else got any points to add?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If science can't explain it than I am sure aliens are just a scape goat for God or god-like powers depending on beliefs.

Define Angel
Define Demon
Define Alien

Where do each come from?
Who created each?

On knowledge and levels of advancment what makes and angel different from alien. Does an alien manifest its own body or does the belief structure of people that come in contact with an entity manifest a form for a formless subject?

Just thoughts.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I might be a good idea to first prove that Jesus existed, then prove aliens exist, before you try to equate the two.

Was Sherlock Holmes a renegade, time-traveling cyborg from the Moon? Certainly no human being could ever be as smart and good at crime-solving in that time period. I think that maybe Sherlock Holmes was another incarnation of Dr. Who, who we all know is an adept time traveler. Yes, it all makes sense now.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well no, I meen if he DID exist, it would be a more logical solution that he was an extra terrestrial visitor than some magical god-like man sent from the creator to talk with mankind

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well , there is always the Islamic point of view that Jesus was just a great prophet.

In that case Jesus existed , but wouldn't be the Son of God or an Alien.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic 12
Plus there is some evedence to support he could of been an alien visitor making a first contact atempt.

First of all, Mary had no husband, or boyfriend, she had no man, she was a virgin, perhaps she was inseminated?

Second, the north star shone bright over where Jesus was born, perhaps this was a UFO?

Jesus could heal people and generate food and water, im sure some of that could be completed with alien technoligy.

He also never said he was the REAL son of god, he said he was the son of god which could of been metaphorical for that he works with god, like the peacefull alien encounters.

First of all Jesus looks nothing like a "Nordic." I assume you are referring to the medieval and renaissance renderings of Christ as a bearded white man, not to mention various Hollywood epics depicting him in the same way. It doesn't take much brains to know this is inaccurate. Europeans were just creating Jesus in an image they can relate. In reality Jesus would have had a semetic appearance just like any other Jew living in Israel at the time.

You give an explaination as to why Mary was a "virgin" when she gave birth to Christ. You say it was alien insemination; I say it very well could have just been God's miracle.

Sure, the star of bethlehem could have been a UFO, or it could have been a host of other Godly supernatural things; or just a very bright star.

Who knows whether aliens can generate food or water? Even if Jesus was an alien he lived in a Hebrew society from birth so he certainly wouldn't have this technology at hand let alone know that he was indeed an alien.

You don't have any evidence, just speculation. You are dealing with a subject which is unvarifiable in the first place. None of us were actually there to witness the birth of Christ nor were we there to see him preach or even to see him die. So to pretend to know something which points to Jesus being an alien from outer space over him being the true son of God is pointless at best and absurd at worst.

Well no, I meen if he DID exist, it would be a more logical solution that he was an extra terrestrial visitor than some magical god-like man sent from the creator to talk with mankind

Once again. How can you honestly claim that, of these two topics, one is more logical than the other? Logic doesn't really even apply to this scenario, only personal belief. It is pretty well established that a Jew named Jesus of Nazareth lived in Israel during the early reign of the Roman Empire. He a preacher of a new message to the people of Israel and was held by himself and others to be the messiah the Jews were waiting for. People loved him and hated him, despised him and worshipped him. And he was crucified by the Romans under order of the High Priests.

Other than that bit of information, you have to use personal faith and judgement to decide for yourself who Christ really was. I believe he was the Son of God.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by CaptainKirk]

[edit on 14-7-2006 by CaptainKirk]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainKirk

First of all Jesus looks nothing like a "Nordic." I assume you are referring to the medieval and renaissance renderings of Christ as a bearded white man, not to mention various Hollywood epics depicting him in the same way. It doesn't take much brains to know this is inaccurate.

If it's okay, I'd like to skew this thread into the direction of "what did Jesus look like?" And I'd like to point out that Jeff Hunter played both Jesus and Capt. Christopher Pike in Star Trek, so even though he wasn't exactly an "alien," he was a starship captain and a Jewish demi-god, so I think that should be used as a basic foundation for what he looked like. He probably had a beard. That's pretty much a given. He was able to raise the dead, but not all the time, just once in a while. He had a magical robe that was somehow able to cure people without him directing it (see the Rebecca story), so maybe it held some kind of electrical charge. So that also qualifies him as an alien, or more accurately, a time-traveler.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
No one really knows what Jesus looks like because he didn't leave any pictures of himself. So all the paintings you see are sher speculation. For all we know he could have been five feet tall and bald. Or seven feet tall, with short red hair.

But maybe not.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Gees why did you make another thread on this stuff? You do know that there was just a thread about Jesus being alien already up!?

Please just use the search function. Or better yet, I'll just post the links in here to the latest jesus/alien thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There. Four pages of already existing content in one thread alone.

As for -my- take, angels are aliens, demons are aliens, aliens are angels, and aliens are demons.

The simple definition explains this:

Owing political allegiance to another country or government; foreign: alien residents.
Belonging to, characteristic of, or constituting another and very different place, society, or person; strange. See Synonyms at foreign.
Dissimilar, inconsistent, or opposed, as in nature: emotions alien to her temperament.

n.
An unnaturalized foreign resident of a country. Also called noncitizen.
A person from another and very different family, people, or place.
A person who is not included in a group; an outsider.
A creature from outer space: science fiction about an invasion of aliens.
Ecology. An organism, especially a plant or animal, that occurs in or is naturalized in a region to which it is not native.

So yes, they are aliens. They are not from this place which makes them alien. Are they from outer space? I don't know. But asking that question is silly considering we don't have any means to prove if they are from Earth, Venus, Alpha Centauri, heaven, hell, whatever.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Read the Bible. Especially Genesis and Exodus, is my suggestion re Jesus -- after Moses and David.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
First of all, fair anough, we do not know what he looked like.

Second, yes aliens are more logical than god, aliens have had witnesses, god has not, aliens are possible in science, god is not possible with science.

Third, that thread is over a year old, and this site gets more than enough in donations to keep a couple of KB of extra space for one thread.

Glad you brought up Genesis and Exodus, lets have a look here.

(Genesis 22:1-18) - Killing an innocent ram, and lying to Abraham about killing his son.
(Genesis 7:23) - Mass homicide
(Exodus 13:2) - "Consecrate to me every first-born that opens the womb among Israelites, both man and beast, for it belongs to me."
Also allows for mankind to be forgiven if they sacrafice another animal instead of themselves.
(Exodus 21:7-11) - Slavery
(Exodus 22:17) - Kill sorceresses
(Exodus 21:15) - Death to all children who hit their parents

I could go on, but this guys a nasty piece of work, and if jesus or god returns, I hope they are locked away in death row.

EDIT: Nice bit about killing children who swear at their parents as well.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Majestic 12]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
He Folks......did you hear him or did you turn a deaf ear ?

I might be a good idea to first prove that Jesus existed, then prove aliens exist, before you try to equate the two.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If you argue that Jesus never existed, then kind of negates the whole discussion, no? So, to discuss, we must first suppose that Jesus did exist.

That said, I especially like this comment...

In reality Jesus would have had a semetic appearance just like any other Jew living in Israel at the time.

Right on...the common image of Jesus is really that of King James...(I believe that's the common acceptance). Logic suggests he would have had a Semetic appearance (not white, not black, etc.) being a Rabbi of the time.

So, accepting the idea of his existence, we must then accept the claims of his divinity. Since this was largely a decision by a group of Christians at the Council of Nicea (sp?), and not really tradition, I'm not so sure this is a good road to go down... So, then we come to the virgin birth.

A) No way to prove Mary's existence, let alone that she was a "virgin".
B) She could have been lying (blasphemy, I know), mistaken (too much wine), or even (more blasphemy) cheated on Joseph for all we know.
C) Joseph could have just been too whipped to own up to it...(I know, more blasphemy).

Blasphemy or not, the above are logical alternatives to the commonly accepted story, and cannot be summarily dismissed.

Most of the religious art that people use to support the Jesus is an alien idea, are actually mistaken symbolism (some of which I just learned about recently, and I've been into art history for many years)... There are some excellent examples of this, and explained, here on ATS (do a search on Jesus UFO Alien Art).

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have seen cave paintings of space craft that were drawn in ancient times, quite interesting, but also, how come whenever you get one of those things like jesus apearing in stone or jesus apearing on leather or something like that, they always look the same.
Oh and one other thing that is interesting:
Corinthians 11:14 forbids long hair, yet jesus has long hair when people draw him

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

First of all, fair anough, we do not know what he looked like.

Second, yes aliens are more logical than god, aliens have had witnesses, god has not, aliens are possible in science, god is not possible with science.
[edit on 15-7-2006 by Majestic 12]

Wow, you really don't know much about logic do you. Just because people claim to have observed aliens doesn't make alien life any more logically plausible than the existence of God. Also you say God has not been observed. When making this statement you clearly forgot the thousands of documented NDE's, miraculous occurences, etc that happen every year. If you are going to assert that aliens have been observed, than it would only be logical to assert the same for God. Hell, if Jesus was who he claimed he was than God has absolutely been observed.

Secondly, you say aliens are possible with science and God isn't. This is a rather skewed arguement because both subjects aren't concrete fact (to public knowledge atleast). If there is a God, than he is responsible for science and logic thus He remains outside the realm of science and logic itself. If there is a God, than he is responsible for earths creation, directly or indirectly. Because of this, we cannot know whether alien life or our life is possible or impossible without God.

Your arguement is full of holes.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Kirk is right.

I think though that aliens and god are equal on terms of being unknown. We don't know if there is a god and we don't know if there are aliens either. I think though that NDEs are just the last moments of a living brain. Haven't witnessed any miracles myself though.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hey! Come on guys!
If you look back to Sumerian myths, which predate and inspire much of the Bible, esp the old testament, you will see that according to these guys God is an alien! Kind of solves the problem!
According to sumerian texts, we are all the descendents of aliens. These are the texts perverted by all those maniacs who claim we are of alien descent like the Real or Hebbard.
The nice thing about the original idea tho is that, if you believe gnostic texts which are our historical link, we all have a 'Divine Spark' inside us inherited from those aliens and it would seem that this is pretty much the essence of Jesus' teachings. The Isis myths relate a very similar idea and are very intricately linked to the whole Jesus symbolism.
Anyway, makes for some inspirational resaerch whether you belive it or not!
God I LOVE ATSNN!

GSA

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Love Jesus, because he died for you.

Believe it or not, well thats your choice. Debate it? well thats your free will, as is denying Jesus and his works.

What happens after this life? well thats God's choice.

I have heard first hand far far too many NDE's to not belive in an after life and God. Two happened in the same day to different people who were both brought into the unit under full sedation, yet they met each other as they stood in this glow of light which made them feel loved and safe. As they got better and more alert, the actually met in the 'real' world about a month later, yet knew each other from their NDE. freaked me for a while, then I sat and pondered about it, now i believe it.

new topics

top topics

join