It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have your "contact experiences" affected you spiritually?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hi, all-

Well, based on some of the replies from my last post, I wanted to start a new thread regarding the spiritual changes that occur in people as a result of their contact experiences.

So here are some questions:
1. For those of you who have had what could be descirbed as "contact experiences", has your spirituality changed since then? If so, how?

2. Did your life change drastically after your experience? (Such as changing career paths, life partners, or life mission?)

3. Has your view of God or religion changed? What did you used to believe -vs- what do you believe now?

4. Do you believe that your experiences were a result of a random, chance encounter, or do you beieve there was something special about you that caused this event to happen? Or do you beieve something else about why it happened to you?

---------------------
As for myself, my "experiences" (don't know what else to call them) have drastically changed my life, and changed my spirituality. I changed career paths, changed my life mission, and my whole view of God and the universe has changed. I even started writing poetry! I now believe we are all a part of God. I now believe we are all one. (But I also keep coming up with scientific theories to help explain it all.)

To sum it up, here are the last 4 lines of a poem I wrote after one experience I had:

It's all good.
It's all God.
We're all the same.
We're all one.

Anyone else? I'd love to hear your stories.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Are you referring to your thread about UFO experiences--and if so, is that only kind of 'contact experiences' you want to discuss? I'm only asking because I've had many life changing experiences that, while not what I would call of the UFO variety, are just the same outside of what I would call 'normal everyday occurrences.'

If you're not limiting this discussion, then I have things to say--but I won't derail your thread, either, so let me know.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Are you referring to your thread about UFO experiences--and if so, is that only kind of 'contact experiences' you want to discuss? I'm only asking because I've had many life changing experiences that, while not what I would call of the UFO variety, are just the same outside of what I would call 'normal everyday occurrences.'

If you're not limiting this discussion, then I have things to say--but I won't derail your thread, either, so let me know.

Queenannie-

No, not just UFO experiences... I'd love to hear about any kind of experience you've had, and how they have affected you.

I've had all kinds myself....UFO, alien (I think), spiritual, psychic, paranormal.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by nikiano]

new topics

join