It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISRAEL what will happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I guess I pay more attention to news headlines now than I did before but it seems the conflict in Israel is pretty serious. A few questions for all;

Do you think Israel is going way over board in their actions?

Do you think this will continue to a much larger conflict involving Iran and/or US/China/Russia?

What country is Israels biggest threat when it comes down to weapons? (reffering to a current enemy only)

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
could you imagine being at the g8 now, seems weird timing.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I believe it is now going overboard.
Didn't some of these groups want a cease fire and prisonar exchange?

If it keeps going, yes, I believe somehow other countries will get involved.
I do believe that something, I dont know what, will happen to spark the involvment of Syria and Iran. Once that happens, it is like the first drop on a roller coaster ride, hold on to your butts.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

personally i think they have, but i think this is because they have used the kidnapped soldiers as an excuse for their actions and with america vetoing anything the UN does against isreal, they are pretty much untouchable atm.

Do you think this will continue to a much larger conflict involving Iran and/or US/China/Russia?

well if they attack syria and iran gets involved i believe it could escalate very badly as the US at that point would probably get involved more directly by sending troops and equipment over to help isreal and who knows what would happen after that...

What country is Israels biggest threat when it comes down to weapons?

id say iran.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I agree, it is one thing to say, "Isreal has a right to defend herself", and another to just keep pounding someong. If I were to get punched in the face on the playground, I would punch back. Self defense. Now if they did not respond and I kept punching them, that is not self defense.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Woah Lardo... not respond?? If someone punched you in the face in the schoolyard and you punced them back and they tyhen launced 300+ rockets into your neighborhood would that constitute not responding???

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Woah Lardo... not respond?? If someone punched you in the face in the schoolyard and you punced them back and they tyhen launced 300+ rockets into your neighborhood would that constitute not responding???

ok, hold on folks, I may not be up to speed on the time table of events here

I need to go back and look at the events. I was under the impression that this is how things have went down:

soldiers kidnapped.
Isreal attacks and keeps attacking
The other side responds.

Like I said, if I am wrong, my apologies, I will go back and do my research

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I think Israel is pretty fed up with all this. I believe the only reason why they did not do this before is because the US stopped them, but now that the US wants to destroy Iran's nuclear reactors, and they can't really do it openly without full International support (which they will never get), they are allowing Israel to do whatever the hell it wants & encouraging it. As the president of Israel said when asked why they won't do prisoner exchange like they have before, "The rules have changed".

I do think it will involve Iran, because the US would not have said that Syria and Iran are supporting hezbollah and hamas in which Israel is going on a rampage on countries and groups that do support these people. Either the US will get the UN to agree with them on Iran, or Israel will destroy them. The only way Russia or China will get involved is through giving supplies to Iran, because they will not openly support Iran thus allowing countries to point fingers at them, the same goes for the US.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150
I need to go back and look at the events. I was under the impression that this is how things have went down:

soldiers kidnapped.
Isreal attacks and keeps attacking
The other side responds.

Like I said, if I am wrong, my apologies, I will go back and do my research

Soldier kidnapped.
Israel attacks to get him back
Other side responds
Israel responds
Out of no where the Hezzies come across the border attack and kidnap soldiers
Israel is like wtf? and respond
Hezzies respond with rockets (300+ so far)
Israel responds by trying to isolate them

Neither the Paletinians nor the Hezabollah has stopped attacking so there's no way you can say Israel attacked and kept attacking as if their (Israel's) attacks weren't a response.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I stand corrected. Thanks ThatsJustWeird.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
No prob

As far as the questions:

There's no such thing in a war. Don't start a war if you can't handle the response. If they wanted Israel could do a whole lot worse. Hopefully it doesn't get to that point.

No.
First, China and Russia aren't going to do anything because there's nothing for them to do. Why would they get involved? The wouldn't benefit one bit.
I don't think any other country will get involved, because 1) Israel would likely win and 2) they don't want to get the US involved.
If an organized country attacked Israel, the US would allow Israel to do whatever they need to do and provide even more support for them. Going up against just one of the best military entities in that region would be rough but two of them? Who would risk it?

What country is Israels biggest threat when it comes down to weapons? (reffering to a current enemy only)

Iran. There's no other nation even close.

new topics

top topics

join