It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all Oklahoma Masons...a thief amongst you...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Was he stealing for charity? lol

You guys! LOL!

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
No, he was frankly stealing for himself... and he seemed very comfortable doing it...

when i stopped him, he acted like he could talk his way out of it, until I looked him square in the eye and said "you are busted, you are a criminal" (in case he didn't already know).

I have met my share of con-men, and this guy had all the trademarks...
If i had to guess, he has even stolen from his own masonic brothers...
he seemed like a true "consciousless" criminal.... and looked just like the most innocent older half wit, that you would ever see...

And by the way... for the record, when i saw the tag, i said "AND YOU ARE A MASON ON TOP OF THAT!" he said very sheepishly that "yes, i am a mason" perhaps hoping that i would go easy on a mason...
well buddy, not even if i was one!

I have the name now, from running the number again with the additional letters (it seemed to match on the physical description)... My gal is going to notify her boss, and see what he can do (he is head of an HP troop in the state). I am going to notify the local lodges leaders (only the leaders) and let the stones fly where they may...
I have a feeling that they will be glad I let them know...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What i would do is:

1) inform police - its their business to deal with it
2) inform the Grand Lodge of Oklahoma about the details. sending a letter to the grand secretary w/ his plate, city it occured in should be enough info

Theft is not tolerated. I am honestly surprised a Brother would do that. I would have no qualms reporting him because that is against everything the Masons teach, the laws of my Govt., and common sense.

The most the Masons might do is expel him IF he is convicted. he would definitely catch hot water if his lodge knew about it.

Just remember.. Karma does exist!

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
I don't agree. If he's done wrong he needs to be punished. Inform the police. This is not a lodge matter.

I have to disagree. If this man is indeed a Mason and has committed a crime then this should be brought to the attention of the OK Grand Lodge secretary and subject to a Masonic trial. A thief is a thief and no brother of mine.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelWitch

I don't agree. If he's done wrong he needs to be punished. Inform the police. This is not a lodge matter.

I have to disagree. If this man is indeed a Mason and has committed a crime then this should be brought to the attention of the OK Grand Lodge secretary and subject to a Masonic trial. A thief is a thief and no brother of mine.

I know you guys do things differently in the US. Here in the UK the lodge has no authority to expel a member from the fraternity, just from the lodge itself. It is better here to ensure Grand Lodge knows about the issue which would almost certainly lead to expulsion without a further trial.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I know you guys do things differently in the US. Here in the UK the lodge has no authority to expel a member from the fraternity, just from the lodge itself. It is better here to ensure Grand Lodge knows about the issue which would almost certainly lead to expulsion without a further trial.

In the US, a Lodge can expel a member, but the decision can be appealed to Grand Lodge, which works as sort of a Supreme Court in this example. If a member is convicted of any felony in a criminal court, or a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, his expulsion is automatic without need of a Lodge trial.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
n the US, a Lodge can expel a member, but the decision can be appealed to Grand Lodge, which works as sort of a Supreme Court in this example. If a member is convicted of any felony in a criminal court, or a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, his expulsion is automatic without need of a Lodge trial.

It's quite clear individual lodges have notable differences around the world, and are independent of their Grand Lodges in varying ways. Some lodges clearly manage 'disciplinaries' whereas in other jurisdictions this role is undertaken by the grand lodge; in others there may be a prescribed ritual whereas in England lodges get to choose their own ritual (conforming to a basic standard).

Its worth bearing in mind when looking at the organization from the outside that although the lodge is the basic building block of freemasonry, there are wide differences in the characteristics and approach of lodges and their governing grand lodge.

Vive la difference!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Thank you. I didn't know that. :-)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join