It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DASSAULT DUC UAV :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Okay, it's look like a model kit (It's an UAV), but it's also a concentrate of stealth technology :

Dassault Aviation is working on its 'Duc' series of demonstrator vehicles, adopting a 'family' approach to technology demonstration that aims to give the French company the capability to develop a range of operational UAVs - should it be required to do so - spanning the long-dwell, high altitude surveillance role currently carried out by the Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk, through unmanned reconnaissance air vehicles (URAVs), tactical UAVs (TUAVs) for army observation roles and finally UCAVs themselves.

In 1999, Dassault Aviation asked Aviation Design to study with their team and build a prototype of a stealth UAV: the "Petit Duc" (Little Duke). It was developed to validate aerodynamic and radar cross section models for Dassault stealth UAVs. The principal objective in designing the Petit Duc was to achieve the lowest possible radar signature. The radar cross section is about the same as a sparrow.

www.invisible-defenders.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I've heard about the Duc before. Nice article, Nans! Looks like the US is not holding ALL the cards! Hooray for the guillotine, Pacific Island testing and pat�!

Vive la France!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
...and I can't help having bad taste for my clothes, I'm a student and broke!!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It will be used to airdrop french surrender notices over vast distances without endangering the crew.

Comes with an ejection seat with auto excretion removal and a white flag.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lampyridae
...and I can't help having bad taste for my clothes, I'm a student and broke!!

You can get this signature at www.danasoft.com...
You can also personalize the message.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
It will be used to airdrop french surrender notices over vast distances without endangering the crew.

You are not wrong, fury...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Looks cool Nans,great find.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, Nans! Sometime I'll get around to putting up a signature line...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   

GOOD ONE!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   

LOL! Ok, I just began sipping my evening wine (california) when I read your response - I thought I was going to choke I was laughing so hard! Good one!

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Don't disrespect the French! Don't forget that they once flattened the whole of Europe!

And then the Poms trashed them at Trafalgar... and again at Waterloo... and the Russkies thumped them at Kiev...

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm with Russian. Let me applaud on that one.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lampyridae
Don't disrespect the French! Don't forget that they once flattened the whole of Europe!

And then the Poms trashed them at Trafalgar... and again at Waterloo... and the Russkies thumped them at Kiev...

please,
europe just felt bad for them for a few months, that's all.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Fury,

LOL!

funniest thing I read here in awhile.

I think the French like wine and sex better than their cheese even.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Very interesting UAV. It will no be as advanced as the X-45B or the X-45C though.

top topics

join