It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic 12
Can someone help me with these problems I am having with religion.

"Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)
Do we kill our children when they swear?

God’s law stated: “In case there should be any man who calls down evil upon his father and his mother, he should be put to death without fail. It is his father and his mother upon whom he has called down evil. His own blood is upon him.” (Lev. 20:9) For a man to curse his parents, to want some dire calamity to befall them, would give indication of a hateful, murderous disposition. It would be a shocking lack of gratitude for the care and attention given him by his parents. While not personally using a weapon to strike them down, such a man, at heart, desired that their death come about through another means. In the eyes of God, such a vicious spirit constitutes murder. (Compare Matthew 5:21, 22; 1 John 3:15.) Therefore, in his law to Israel, the Most High prescribed the same penalty for reviling parents as for actually killing them.

So this type of cursing should not be confused with modern day profanity. Although it is wrong it does not merit a death penalty. Good thing for me.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Sparky63]

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Sparky63]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic 12
Can someone help me with these problems I am having with religion.

First of all, if god created all animals and loves us all equally, then why did he ask for the sacrafice of a goat (genesis 22)? Does this meen god promotes blood sacraficies? www.rationalchristianity.net...
The story had nothing to do with the goat, but surely god would not agree with a blood sacrafice? Goat or human, either way its wrong...

Also, why does it say that
“Whosoever doeth any work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.”
God promotes the death sentance?

Why does it say
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven…earth ... water.”
We cant draw pictures of earth or water?

Genesis 3:16 “And thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.”
Women are not equals?

"And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes"
So god agrees with beatings?

"Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)
Do we kill our children when they swear?

Is god perhaps a mad psychotic loonatic?
And dont give me that rubbish about some of it being from the Old Testament, either testement, they both came from god.

Someone help me understand these concepts of religion for if you do not I will forever be an atheiest.

Sometimes you need to read more than just the one verse to understand what is meant. That's the key...

But conerning the sabbath- What God meant was, he doesn't want us to work, work, work,... & not rest. He knows, just like we know, that when you work too many days in a row, & don't take a day to rest & recover, you wear yourself down.
So figuratively, you could "work yourself to death".

The Graven Images- he is saying he doesn't want us worshiping trees, or planets, or statues, or fish, or rocks.... etc.... We are to worship HIM... the ONE TRUE GOD.

The other questions you have I think are all lessons in obedience. God wants us to obey our elders, parents, lawmakers, HIM.... etc. There needs to be people in charge of keeping a certain amount of order & control. & he wants us to live by the rules.

The MAIN thing to keep in mind though, is that through Christ, we have Salcvation & grace.
God knows we are sinners, But when we repent, & ask for that forgiveness, & accept Jesus as our Lord & Savior, he takes away our sins, & they are gone & forgotten to him.
He also knows that while on Earth, & in the flesh, we WILL stumble, & fall, & mess up.... But through his GRACE, he won't hold that against us, & keep us from entering his kingdom because we can't be perfect.

We ALL fall short of God's glory. That is why he took care of our debts of sin, with the crucifixion & ressurection. So that we have a chance of obtaining eternal life through him.

That's what the message of the Bible is.
A message of Hope & Love.

Yes there are some scary things in there, but remember, We ARE FORGIVEN, & cleansed through his blood. FOREVER.

The ONE "UNFORGIVABLE" sin, is to reject him.
But everything else can be "washed away".

)

<< 1   >>

join