It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Religion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Can someone help me with these problems I am having with religion.

First of all, if god created all animals and loves us all equally, then why did he ask for the sacrafice of a goat (genesis 22)? Does this meen god promotes blood sacraficies? www.rationalchristianity.net...
The story had nothing to do with the goat, but surely god would not agree with a blood sacrafice? Goat or human, either way its wrong...

Also, why does it say that
“Whosoever doeth any work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.”
God promotes the death sentance?

Why does it say
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven…earth ... water.”
We cant draw pictures of earth or water?

Genesis 3:16 “And thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.”
Women are not equals?

"And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes"
So god agrees with beatings?

"Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)
Do we kill our children when they swear?

Is god perhaps a mad psychotic loonatic?
And dont give me that rubbish about some of it being from the Old Testament, either testement, they both came from god.

Someone help me understand these concepts of religion for if you do not I will forever be an atheiest.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Heres an artical about the old testiment being as valid as the new:
"Their preachers spoon feed them that the Old Testament is no longer binding so that they can excuse the majority of evil that the bible promotes. I am so tired of Christians manipulating the scriptures so that they can assign a kinder nature to their God, that I have assembled a BRIEF list of verses which clearly show that the Old Testament is not to be ignored. Its laws should indeed be adhered to, for the New Testament demands it!"
www.evilbible.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The old testament we made sacrifices to god in order for him to forgive us of our sins. Including things that we cared for or even loved. But when jesus died on the cross he died for our sins, so we dont have to make sacrifices anymore.

Sabbath Day - You love god in all before, you love your work before god.

Genesis - Men and are supposed to be the ultimate decision maker upon the household and his family.

A thing to remember is that yes god killed many of people in the old testament and did many things that were harse, but that was in my opinion to help see the fury of god but yet the grace and love of god. Think about how hard it must have been for him to get across to people that were have orgys by the hundreds.

When you seek out questions that go against god you will find what your looking for, but there are many things that we dont understand but thats a test of our faith. I would rather have more faith in the ultimate in rather and man that was born just like me.

I was just like you a few months ago, full of questions and uncertainity there isnt a day that goes by that i dont question. He wants us to question the unthinkable but not him and whether he exists or not. Read a contemporary bible and focus on the new testament and you will have most ur answers.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
"Their preachers spoon feed them that the Old Testament is no longer binding so that they can excuse the majority of evil that the bible promotes. I am so tired of Christians manipulating the scriptures so that they can assign a kinder nature to their God, that I have assembled a BRIEF list of verses which clearly show that the Old Testament is not to be ignored. Its laws should indeed be adhered to, for the New Testament demands it!"
www.evilbible.com...

As I said above.
Also, either one is gods will, hes mean and hypocrytical.
It says THY SHALL NOT KILL, yet god kills, will god go to hell for his sins?
Why did got kill little children and masacre towns and villiges? Is he a viking?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Often times it seems like we must either be Christian or be atheist. However, there are a great many religions other than Christianity, so it is entirely possible to be a spiritual person and not believe in the Christian Bible or the Christian concept of God.

Majestic, it sounds to me like you don't have a problem with religion so much as you have a problem with Christianity. It's fine to be an atheist if you are at peace with it, but if you are not, then why not study a text that makes more sense to you? Why not worship a concept of God that makes sense to you? Could it be that you are only seeing two choices when there are actually thousands?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Does the creation have the right to judge the creator, god laws were meant to give us life we have no right and we have no postion to critize god for his acts and for his will, because god is absolute sovergn he has infinit wisdom and his will shall be done, u can fight against his will but you will still loose or you can surrender to the will of god and be blessed

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Good point, there are more than just christianity, I am oposed to them, not other religions, I quite like the egyption one, I love cats

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You cant join the church if your parents are unmarried at your birth, if you eat pork, or if you wear clothes composed of wool and linen.
Technicaly (according to Deuteronomy)

Who heres a christian that eats pork and wears wool or linen?

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Majestic 12]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
"No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says; he is always convinced that it says what he means." - George Bernard Shaw.

Doubt everiyhing, find your own Light.

Where there is doubt, there is freedom.

Go on doing what you are doing but do not be arrogant.
Doubt is the prerequisite to knowledge

The door to Wisdom is to be found in the Hall of Knowledge between
the pillars of Judgment and Curiosity.
Osbert+

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Look at CS Lewis set out trying to prove the bible and everything in it was wrong, but yet every where he turned he found that the bible was right. If you set out trying to bash christianity then you go all day and live a life not know whether what happens when you die or can just believe and be secured a spot in eternal joy.

You pose the question earlier that why would god kill children? These children were born into sinful civilizations these ppl were sacrificing their children to their so called gods, god had these people come and kill everyone so that all that sin would be destroyed. As for why the children were killed let me throw this scenario upon you, what if someone killed your parents and left pity upon you? What would do when you got older and stronger? You would want to go out and get revenge and kill them. That is a set sinful mindset. Thats why god's will was done. Just because these children lost their lives, trust me they are in much better place than the world then and now.

It's not always best to question his motive everything is done for a reason. A watch that someone wears has gears set up in so that it works properly and precisly, effeciently. That watch had a creator. Our body are set up like watch with interworking parts so that we keep "ticking" so therefore we had a creator too.

As for those pose the theme " I cant see it, Its not real" look at gravity and air, would u fall off a building a question whether is there? same with air, you cant see the air you breathe.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by CollectiveSoulKeeper]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
the reason for this deception is the God in the bible is actually Yaltabaoth ... which is the unbegotten son, the one that was issued from the female ... the whole story is here..

www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...

Satan .. or Yaltabaoth, or God in the Bible is Christ's Brother.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Your biblical quotes seem to be of a God who is evil and contradictory - but that it just on the surface. Much of the bible is written in this manner for the fact that salvation does not come from reading things literally. No one really thinks it rains cats and dogs when someone writes it, and what was written in the Old Testament has a strong underlying meaning that is only revealed when one accepts the truth of what Jesus said. Jesus directly contradicts much of what the Old Testament says by his words and deeds, which causes us to redefine everything that came before him to be true.

Originally posted by Majestic 12
First of all, if god created all animals and loves us all equally, then why did he ask for the sacrafice of a goat (genesis 22)? Does this meen god promotes blood sacraficies? www.rationalchristianity.net...
The story had nothing to do with the goat, but surely god would not agree with a blood sacrafice? Goat or human, either way its wrong...

The blood sacrifice and all laws pertaining to sacrifice revolve around the presumption that sin must be compensated for. According to Jewish law, various sins had to have repayment and blood (life) made up for this. I am sure you know all this already, but the whole Jewish code revolved around being right with their God. Sacrifice for sins was an acceptable payment, like money. The legal problem with this is animals are not physically equal to mankind and can offer only a temporary fix for sin. Man sins again and has to sacrifice again. With a little study, one can see that the only acceptable sacrifice for sin for all time is a blood sacrifice that is equal to man (another man), that is without blemish or sin, to say. Not only was Jesus sacrifice acceptable to the law - death for any sin, but he had to be born a male and and not born with a earthly father. Much of the blood sacrifices in the OT are building up to show the one true sacrifice that is deemed worthy to save us from all sin once and for all - past, future, and present. By Jewish law, animal sacrifices served a temporary purpose in that the people believed that their sins were atoned. God knew that they would sin again and need a permanent sacrifice. With Christ, their is no need for blood sacrifices ever again.

Also, why does it say that
“Whosoever doeth any work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.”
God promotes the death sentance?

The Sabbath is not Sunday or even Saturday, but it involves a bigger picture of the entire creation. In Genesis, God makes the world in 6 days and the 7th he rests, thus the Sabbath. The week we know of is a reflection of the true week of creation or 7 days. What God is saying is that you cannot work on church day, but on the day when the world is renewed, when there shall be no more work, anyone who works in our present understanding shall be seperated from God. I don't have enough characters to explain it to you fully, but the OT texts are a sort of revealing of what is to come.

Why does it say
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven…earth ... water.”

I have not studied this enough to give you a meaning behind this currently. I don't claim to know everything spiritual, just some stuff, but I will say this. Faith in the unseen is more important than believing in what we do see, according to God's word. No one believes it now, because it is unseen - of course.

Genesis 3:16 “And thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.”
Women are not equals?

The genders this passage describes is not about whether you are a male or female, but of higher spiritual things. In this world, man comes from a woman through childbirth. In God's Sabbath, the day of judgment, woman is born of man spiritually, not by physical means.

"Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)
Do we kill our children when they swear?

This again refers to genders and also family. This is not talking about our physical bodies, but rather a spiritual family. The Father is God and the Mother is the earth or flesh which we will come from into a new earth. We need both to have a purpose in the new world which God promises on the Sabbath. To curse either one, defies God's plan for man's renewal and his purpose. Keep in mind I am talking about a spiritual event. To condemn the Father or the Mother, means that we must be destroyed or killed.

Is god perhaps a mad psychotic loonatic?
And dont give me that rubbish about some of it being from the Old Testament, either testement, they both came from god.

Yes, I believe you mean what you feel, because you lack spiritual insight. Superficially, God would be someone I would avoid according to what is written if it is taken at face value. You really need to seek understanding through solemn and silent prayer. There is no other way unless you ask and it is given to you. Hopefully, maybe some part of what I have said made a little sense to you. Keep in mind, I thought the same from time to time about every little thing in the Bible that didn't make sense to me, but I never gave up to find resolutions to the meanings behind them. Keep up your search and you will find you answers sooner or later.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Jesus himself said that "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill."
The old testitment must still count

"For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

EDIT:
I have found my new god
media.urbandictionary.com...

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Majestic 12]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hypostasis of the Arcons,

[ because of his] power and his ignorance [and his arrogance]
he said..., " It is I who am God; there is none [other apart from
me]." When he said this he sinned against [the Entirety]. And
a voice came forth from above the realm of absolute power,
saying, " You are mistaken, Samael," which means " god of the blind"

On the Origin of the World
... he boasted continually, saying to (the angels)... I am God, no other
one exists except me." But When he said these things, he sinned
against all of the immortal ones... when Faithsaw the impiety of the chief ruler,
she was angry.... she said, "You err, Samael (blind god)." An enlightened,
immortal humanity exists before you.

Secret Book of John

in his madness ... he said, "I am God and there is no other God beside me,"
for he is ignorant of ... the place from which he had come.... And when he saw
the creation which surrounds him and the multitudes of angels around him
which had come forth from him, he said to them, " I am a jelous God, and there
is no other God beside me." But by announcing this he indicatedto the angels that
another God does exist; for if there were no other one, of whom would he be
jealous?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CollectiveSoulKeeper
As for those pose the theme " I cant see it, Its not real" look at gravity and air, would u fall off a building a question whether is there? same with air, you cant see the air you breathe.

You can observe the effects of air and gravity, can you not? Without fail, when you release a ball, gravity acts upon it. EVERY TIME. I cannot see the air I breathe, but I do breathe, and therefore observe the effects of air. The leaves on the trees move, I feel the breeze against my face.

The proof that something exists is not whether you can see it, but whether it can be observed.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Jesus himself said that "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill."

"For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

EDIT:
I have found my new god

Good for you then. It sounds as if you made up your mind rather quickly. You are right , YOU should not in the least stray away from the law and should follow every detail therein. Let us know how that works out for you.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

EDIT:
I have found my new god

stalkingwolf Nice to see someone else actually READING!...

Majestic 12, I would like to elaborate on your incomplete bible scripture, once again the bible stops talking where the gnostic scriptures complete the picture and understanding...

BLATZ

(16) Jesus said: Perhaps men think that I am come to cast peace upon the world; and they do not know that I am come to cast dissensions upon the earth, fire, sword, war. For there will be five who are in a house; three shall be against two and two against three, the father against the son and the son against the father, and they shall stand as solitaries.

LAYTON

(16) Jesus said, "People probably think that it is peace that I have come to impose upon the world. And they do not recognize that it is divisions that I have come to impose upon the earth - fire, sword, battle. Indeed, there will be five in a house. There will be three over two and two over three, parent over child and child over parent. And they will stand at rest by being solitaries."

DORESSE

17 [16]. Jesus says: "Men indeed think I have come to bring peace to the world. But they do not know that I have come to bring the world discord, fire, sword, war. Indeed, if there are five in a house, they will become three against two and two against three - father against son and son against father - and they will be lifted up, being solitaries."

BLATZ

(10) Jesus said: I have cast a fire upon the world, and see, I watch over it until it is ablaze.

LAYTON

(10) Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and see, I am watching over it until it blazes."

DORESSE

10 [10]. Jesus says: "I have cast a fire onto the world, and see, I watch over it until it blazes up!"

Source

As you can verily see, what Jesus is saying is until everyone does what THEY want, what makes them HAPPY, while not being a dick (i.e. Killing and torturing people) nothing will happen...

The fire he is casting is the personal fires within us.. the world will be consumed in FIRE... because we will all light our internal fires, our spiritual fires... and we will all walk our own paths, because there is enough room in space for every star to pass unchallenged.. I thank you for your time.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You can never rationalize Christianity or any other religion, for that matter. In the realm of logic, no religion is ever going to make sense, but what makes it a religion is the faith. One thing I always wonder, though - this is our salvation! This is the difference between us being eternally happy, or burning and being tortured in the flames of Hell forever. Why does God have to be so ambiguous?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

“Your craving will be for your husband, and he will dominate you.” (Genesis 3:16) Critics point to this as a judgment of Eve by God and as divine approval of woman’s subjection by man. However, rather than a declaration of God’s purpose, this is an accurate statement of the sad consequences of sin and rejection of God’s sovereignty. Abuse of women is the direct result of mankind’s fallen nature, not God’s will. Wives in many cultures have indeed been dominated by their husbands, often in very harsh ways. But this was not God’s purpose.

Both Adam and Eve were made in God’s image. Moreover, they received the same mandate from God to become fruitful, fill the earth, and subdue it. They were to work together as a team. (Genesis 1:27, 28) Clearly, at that point neither was cruelly dominating the other. Genesis 1:31 says: “God saw everything he had made and, look! it was very good.”

In some cases Bible accounts do not indicate God’s view on a matter. They may just be historical narrative. The account of Lot offering his daughters to the Sodomites is related without moral commentary or judgment by God.—Genesis 19:6-8.

The fact is, God hates all forms of exploitation and abuse. (Exodus 22:22; Deuteronomy 27:19; Isaiah 10:1, 2) The Mosaic Law condemned rape and prostitution. (Leviticus 19:29; Deuteronomy 22:23-29) Adultery was prohibited, and the penalty was death for both parties. (Leviticus 20:10) Rather than discriminate against women, the Law elevated and protected them from the rampant exploitation common in the surrounding nations. A capable Jewish wife was a highly respected and esteemed individual. (Proverbs 31:10, 28-30) The Israelites’ failure to follow God’s laws on showing respect for women was their fault, not God’s will. (Deuteronomy 32:5) Ultimately, God judged and punished the nation as a whole for their flagrant disobedience.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Can someone help me with these problems I am having with religion.

Why does it say

If you take vs 4 out of context is would seem to prohit any kind of artistic expression. Vs 5 though makes it perfectly clear the intent of this prohibition.

5 thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Of course, this prohibition did not mean that the Israelites were not to make decorative representations of things. GOD himself directed that representations of plants and cherubs be placed in the tabernacle. (Exodus 25:18, 33; 26:31)

However, these were not to be venerated, or worshiped. No one was to pray to or offer sacrifices to those representations. The divinely inspired commandment prohibited the making of any kind of image to be used as an object of worship. Worshiping images or bowing down to them in reverence constitutes idolatry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join