It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Iraqies celebrating shot down british helicopter in Basrah

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

And you really think that was posted earnestly?

Has it occured to you that Syrian might have friends and relatives over there getting bombed?

And yes, I do know people over there - I have acquaintances serving in the military, and acquaintances who are Iraqi immigrants as well. And I don't want to see any of them blown to bits. Unfortunately what I might want has little to do with it.

I just watched Beruit getting bombed on CNN.
I had friends in high school who grew up there, and may be back there now with bombs falling around their heads.

Does that mean CNN shouldn't broadcast it because my feelings might get hurt?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thats a shame Beruit is getting bombed.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
We have a dedicated Middle East Conflict Forum that is just jumping right now.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

And you really think that was posted earnestly?

Has it occured to you that Syrian might have friends and relatives over there getting bombed?

And yes, I do know people over there - I have acquaintances serving in the military, and acquaintances who are Iraqi immigrants as well. And I don't want to see any of them blown to bits. Unfortunately what I might want has little to do with it.

I just watched Beruit getting bombed on CNN.
I had friends in high school who grew up there, and may be back there now with bombs falling around their heads.

Does that mean CNN shouldn't broadcast it because my feelings might get hurt?

So because he has friends/relatives over there it gives him the right to get back at 'us' because he might know someone over there? I'm sorry but yes I am biased, even though i'm biased, I wouldn't try and aggrovate a mainly Iraqi board showing people cheering at the deaths of many of their armed forces. This shouldn't be a 'us vs you' forum- it's not really a topic to debate over, so if it wasn't a swipe what was it?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
You Say that South Iraq supports America and Britian?

Well take a look at this video of recent downing of a british Helicopter.

[edit on 14/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

Every country is full of dumb people.

And oh sure basrah thats where most of irans infiltrators are. Thats like taking a poll in the sunni triangle and saying its representitive of all of iraq... it's not.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve99
Syrian sister what are you going to do when the Isrealis come to a town near you. Hide in a mosque or as the men do hide behind woman and children. Cowards.

Why don't you and SyrianSister fight this over fairly. You get a pebble and she an Uzi. Don't worry, you're welcome to the mosque also.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

You Say that South Iraq supports America and Britian?

Well take a look at this video of recent downing of a british Helicopter.

I see a small crowd of Iraqi's spectating (As anyone would if something like this were to happen close to them), and an even smaller crowd of Iraqi men chanting something. I also see a few children picking up parts of the helicopter wreckage, obviouslly as souvenirs.

What I fail to see is a video hinting towards a mass hatred of the US/UK forces by the majority of Southern Iraqis. I'm guessing this post was an attempt to turn ATS readers against US and UK troops in Iraq by providing a link to a video supposedly representing every Southern Iraqis views on the war. Its like posting a photo of a dead child and saying "SEE, THIS IS WHY THERE SHOULD BE NO WAR". It's this kind of outlook on the global situation that I'm thankful our most powerful leaders do not share, otherwise this world would not advance. I wonder if you'd still share your anti-US views if the media and internet was severly restricted on what could be shown of war.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Isn't it amazing, Iraqi kids pick up blown up helicopter peices for a souvenier. American kids just want an autographed baseball. Maybe the middle east should take a hint from the west and straighten out for their kids sake.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Isn't it amazing, Iraqi kids pick up blown up helicopter peices for a souvenier. American kids just want an autographed baseball. Maybe the middle east should take a hint from the west and straighten out for their kids sake.

My memory might be a little hazy.

But arn't we the one's that went to there country and bombed the crap out of them?

I'm sure if every country on earth bombed American cities back into the stone age American kids would still be worried about collecting autographed baseball's

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx

My memory might be a little hazy.

But arn't we the one's that went to there country and bombed the crap out of them?

I'm sure if every country on earth bombed American cities back into the stone age American kids would still be worried about collecting autographed baseball's

Oh yes blame it on america. Iraq was a real garden of eden before we got there.
But youy know they stand around every bombed out car and wreck they can find, do these people have jobs or go to scvhool.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I'd say in terms of people's day-to-day lives, most Iraqis were a lot better off under Saddam's regime than they are now.

Saddam was a brutal despot, but the utilities worked, there weren't daily kidnappings and bombings, Mosqes blowing up, beheadings, etc...

And you're going to say "well that's the insurgency" and you're right, but that ignores the fact that there was no insurgency before the invasion. Before the invasion there was tyranny, but there was also relative stability.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
[unnecessary quote of Entire previous post removed]

Depends on who you asking in Iraq, the Kurds, Shiites or Sunnis. I'm certain the Kurds are happy as hell for one thing.

Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/17/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
half of the people posting about the how bad the British troops are wouldnt have half the guts to do what they do, put everything on the line.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotexBefore the invasion there was tyranny, but there was also relative stability.

Stability under tyranny is not sustainable. One way or another, Saddam was eventually going to topple. Luckily the US invaded, as they are able to rebuild the infrastructure and train a police force within the country. This would not have happened if Saddam was toppled by Iraqi's wanting to escape his dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ah good middle east conflict, beter than calling us all terrorists with this "war on terrorism" board. From now on i will post iraq and afhganistan articles there.

KNights

I chose the way that would make my point the clearest, i've got to shock you out of your deep sleep.

I know ignorance is bliss for you sweety, but your ignorance is killing us over where i come from.

Isn't deny ignorance the slogan of this website anyway? If you don't want to deny it and you'd rather be in denial, why are you here?

and just so you know, i'm a she, not a he, thankyou.
------------------------

As for those of you who are threatening Syria. Why don't you try it, we and Iran are waiting for you.

I see a small crowd of Iraqi's spectating (As anyone would if something like this were to happen close to them), and an even smaller crowd of Iraqi men chanting something. I also see a few children picking up parts of the helicopter wreckage, obviouslly as souvenirs.

What I fail to see is a video hinting towards a mass hatred of the US/UK forces by the majority of Southern Iraqis.

you make it sound like they where picking them up because they liked helicopters HAHHAHAHAHA how naive.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I chose the way that would make my point the clearest, i've got to shock you out of your deep sleep.
I know ignorance is bliss for you sweety, but your ignorance is killing us over where i come from.
Isn't deny ignorance the slogan of this website anyway? If you don't want to deny it and you'd rather be in denial, why are you here?

In the same respect then i'm sure you wouldn't mind seeing dead Syrians? Perhaps afew pictures of Syrian soldiers dead? Infact, a map showing how much land was actually taken from Syria in the 6 day war? I mean we can't forget that can we?

My point? Well i'm sure you wouldn't want to see such things, just as I wouldn't want people cheering at 'my' dead. Ignorance to a degree maybe, but I for one do not wish to see such sights.. I presume it must make me ignorant and no use to this site?

you make it sound like they where picking them up because they liked helicopters HAHHAHAHAHA how naive.

Possibly not, but then again you won't exactly know what they were doing would you, due to the fact you weren't there.

As for those of you who are threatening Syria. Why don't you try it, we and Iran are waiting for you.

The only reason 'we' would threaten Syria is if our soldiers were attacked. Our forces are over stretched and it would be quite stupid to cause even more bloodshed on both sides.

and just so you know, i'm a she, not a he, thankyou.

Aplologies, I think it was fairly apparent from your username!

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'm certain the Kurds are happy as hell for one thing.

Yeah the Kurds certainly are.

Then again that fact probably doesn't make the our Turkish allies too happy.

The British and Turkish imperial hubris that created the Kurds' nightmare is particularly sad - "oops we just finished drawing this new map here, and and decided not to put your country on it... oh well".

[edit on 7/21/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Hmm apparently American kids want pieces of blown up space shuttle and the head off a human corpse to use as a bong, and tens of thousands of pieces of trash made by chinse slave labor.

Steve you suck at the internet.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

But youy know they stand around every bombed out car and wreck they can find, do these people have jobs or go to scvhool.

Their jobs and schools were BOMBED by Americans, and then Bombed some more by US and UK troops dressed up as insurgents, and then bombed some more by the Civil War participants that the American occupation has allowed to run rampant.

You need to be sent over there ASAP, our troops need armor on their vehicles and your body should do nicely.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
A reminder folks.

The topic of discussion is "Video of Iraqies celebrating shot down british helicopter in Basrah".

Any continuance of personal attacks or hateful/abusive comments directed towards fellow members will be Warned accordingly.

ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Thank you.

[edit on 7/21/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join