It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New World War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
With the Middle Easter Conflict of Israel and Lebanon escalating and Israel stating that may attack the hezbullah supported Syria which may run the chance of bringing Iran into the conflict. And the U.S having to then militarily help the financially backed Israel State. Are we on the cusp of World War 3.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think we can call such a war a world war, even though usually a world war would have groups on both sides that are international, whereas here we'd have a Coalition versus regional middle eastern powers.

Though the War on Terror is, effectively, world war 3 already, this is just a part of it.

Some have used the terminology of WWIV, which I rather like. When people use to talk about world war 3, they were talking about global thermonuclear war between the US and USSR. Thus with the end of the cold war with its battlefields as vietnam, afghanistan, etc, was the end of world war three. Thus the terror war is the war beyond that, world war 4.

At the same time, you can't really have a world war in a unipolar world, unless it was the UN verses the US or Russia for some whacky reason nuked the US.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Nah world war 3 is still a couple years away it will begin gradually like world war 1.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Why must we label this stuff?

To satisfy some religious aspect?

So we can make it sound worse than it is?

It is just another skirmish in the war that has, and will continue to be fought for years and years and years.

At least till Mother Nature wipes us out.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

original quote by:Nygdan
Some have used the terminology of WWIV, which I rather like. When people use to talk about world war 3, they were talking about global thermonuclear war between the US and USSR. Thus with the end of the cold war with its battlefields as vietnam, afghanistan, etc, was the end of world war three. Thus the terror war is the war beyond that, world war 4.

I, sir, would be one of those some.

The WOT is definately WWIV, IMHO. The latest salvo between Israel and Lebanon is a battle in the larger WOT. WWIV started in earnest on 9-11-2001. It is a perpetual war with no end and no winners. The losers; We the people-who for our own protection need to be monitored from birth to death to make sure that we are not "terrorists".

original quote by: PsychoSteve85
Nah world war 3 is still a couple years away it will begin gradually like world war 1.

WWIII(WWIV by my definition), started in 1979 with the Islamic Revolution in Iran. And has been building into the WOT for 30 years.. now thats gradual for you.

Its funny but WWIII and WWIV kinda overlapped a little.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by TONE23]

top topics

join