It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PTS Applause: 1500 Points!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Point/Counterpoint

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
And btw, in regards to the 1.5k points for PTS applauses, hasn't it been tried before and noticed that points rewards don't have all that much affect on turnout?

If that was the only thing that was changing on PTS, I'd be worried.

Lucky for all of us, this is just icing on the cake.

Hey, gimme a chance! I just started a week ago.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Hey, gimme a chance! I just started a week ago.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

And I have every faith in you to pull it off.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well now, majic, if that isn't enough to make a member go over to PTS and post their hearts out.
Great news, and with the new FSME in PTS, you get even more chances to get your quality post noticed

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Look I'm gonna have a heart attack here!!!!!

My only stress relief is I've been steady posting.

I have to know, what is a FSME???

Should I know and I'm just stooopid??

Semper

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I have to know, what is a FSME???
Should I know and I'm just stooopid??
Semper

Well I'm not callling you stoopid, but do you see the little tag under my Avatar and under DontTreadOnMe's and others in this thread

okay I'll tell ya,
forum subject matter expert

[edit on 14/7/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If you click their badge...

This one:

...you'll get to the forum they're FSME in

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Cool

Thank you all.

Semper

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
And the PTS FSME badges are on backorder, if anyone was wondering.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about the non-publicity of applause, nor would I fear bias.

For one thing, suffice it to say that I am aware (and I think everyone with the function is probably aware) that those who are responsible for this site know when we are sleeping and know when we're awake and know if we've been bad or good... well, you know the song. Didn't it ever seem odd to you that the Overlord is a rather large individual who dresses in red? Don't let the shave fool you.

If someone was blatantly pushing a personal agenda at the expense of site quality using any staff function they were given, they would be seen and it would come to an end.

Then there's the fact that we've got staff representing many different points of view, and that many of us make it a point to salute someone we don't agree with when they present us with a post that allows for substantive discussion on the subject. It is much easier... infact often enjoyable... to be opposed by someone who is clearly firing on all cylinders.

And, as Majic said, although PTS is not above bribery, we have other tricks up our sleeve, large and small. It has become all too clear hear on ATS that our membership does like to discuss politics as well as conspiracy, so our basic mission is very easy; all we have to do is help guide the transition towards observing the sometimes subtle boundry between the two subjects.

Come check it out. The place is getting more lively and more intelligent already.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Wow, I went to post on a board I had been posting on, and saw my screen name and noticed my points were defently not right! Apparently I got this 1.5k reward tonight, woohoo! I have had an applause before but not 1.5k, thanks ATS/PTS/Three Amigos staff!
What kind of new items will be put into the store for PTS points only?

By the way, I love PTS and not having my political post shoved into BTS.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
A while back, I started a thread that called PTS the bastard child of ATS. PTS simply did not live up to the potential and to have your thread relegated to PTS meant that no one would ever read it. I salute the efforts to raise PTS out of the depths of obscurity and into the limelight that it truly deserves. All I can say is "keep up the good work" and your efforts to promote PTS are certainly creative.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Just a curiosity what qualifies for the pts reward points then ? hmm i been thinking and trying to post me heart out haha

i must admit im finding i spend a bit more time on pts now as the quality has risen some what good job

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I gotta say Im a fan of the new PTS applause. I have almost received a years worth of applause in a week.

The motto of the story is that if you brave the wildness you will be rewarded.
Cheers Xpert11.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by xpert11]

[edit on 3-8-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
I gotta say Im a fan of the new PTS applause. I have almost received a years worth of applause in a week.

The motto of the story is that if you brave the wildness you will be rewarded.
Cheers Xpert11.

Well, how bout venturing into the PTS podcasting space then, xpert! It's a cool 2500 points for each cast! And PTS NEEDS some podcasts, as it has been one of the most inactive podcasting forums. Just a thought, if you likes da points.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join