It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malta Caves, missing children, strange animals

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Anyone know any more about this case

The Maltese Cave Entrance
This entrance is located on the island of Malta, near the small village of "Casal Paula." (This village is built on the "Corradino" plateau, and overlooks the capitol town of Malta, "Valletta," as well as Grand Harbour.) In 1902, workmen digging a well in Casal Paula fell into a subterranean cavern. The well was being dug for a house on "Hal Saflienti," the main street in Casal Paula. The cavern the workers had fallen into connected with an entire complex of caves and tunnels. This entrance is known as the "Hypogeum of Hal Saflienti." (In Latin, "Hypogeum" is the name for an underground structure.)
This discovery led to be a complex of cave, three of which were a series of chambers excavated out of solid rock on three even lower levels for each chamber. This series of underground rooms. When first explored, they found over 30,000 skeletons of men, woman and children inside.
The tunnels under the Hypogeum were later sealed off after 30 students entered the caves on a field trip and disappeared without a trace. The numerous efforts of search parties looking for the children and guide were in vain.
"The tunnels under the Hypogeum have been sealed off even since a school took 30 students into the caves and disappeared, guide and all. Search parties were never able to locate any trace of the people and children.

I looked it up some more and the cave system has indeed been blocked off by the government, and as for the school party, the cave suposidely caved in, but no trace of them was ever found, even more mysterious is the fact that:
It was asserted that for weeks afterwards the wailing and screaming of children was heard underground in different parts of the island, but no one could locate the sources of the cries. As for the Catacombs beneath Malta itself, there are some ancient accounts which say that deep caverns beneath the island continue underground BEYOND the shores, and according to one source, part of this labyrinth stretches hundreds of miles northwards and intersects with catacombs beneath Rome (the hill Vaticanus?) or at least did so in ancient times.

Another account details a women who said she saw creatures in these caves:
Out of this lower tunnel on the far side of the chasm, she claims, emerged in single file several very large creatures of humanoid form but completely covered with hair from head to foot. Noticing her, they raised their arms in her direction, palms out, at which point a violent "wind" began to blow through the cavern, snuffing out her candle. Then, some "thing" wet and slippery (apparently a creature of a different sort) brushed past her.

Heres some articals:
www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...
www.livinginthelightms.com...

The most impressive is:
www.maltafly.com...
Which lists information of the school children as well as the creatures

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have read something like this before.
I thought that the caves actually had some type of tomb likeness to them. Like an underground pyramid kind of thing.
I will have to run a search but I am sure this has been talked about here before.

Let me do the search.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Crap. I can't find anything. Sorry.
I do remember reading about this though. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this discussion.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yeah I already tried a search, didnt come up with anything.
Its very interesting though, be good if someone can find a news report or photo of a newspaper with the artical of missing children in, I am sure it must be big news if it really happened.

Would love to go to Malto and visit the caves myself.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Mindwalker, very nice.
You must teach me the ways of the jedi search

I ran a search and could not find anything. Good job.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150
Mindwalker, very nice.
You must teach me the ways of the jedi search

I ran a search and could not find anything. Good job.

The Force is with us on Google

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The Malta Hypogeum has always intrigued me. One day i plan on making a visit

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Me too, im going to go to the lower levels and find that entrance, problem would be bringing a gun into Malta, do not want to go unarmed.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You may find this article interesting

home.earthlink.net...

Not that I believe a word of it

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Theres a similar style of underground in Paris isn't there ?

Some ridiculouly large amount of tunnels on loads and loads of different levels, some rooms are filled to the brim with skulls and bones. There was a documentary aswell about it, the entrance was near the train lines or something. When the documentary exploreres went in they found a video tape deep in the tunnels or someone very scared running away from something, no one knows who the person was or what he was running from, rumours ofg all sorts of things hiding down there.

But anyway back to Malta sounds interesting, might make a visit sometime. Majestic, yeah it would be very difficult getting a gun to Malta, not sure how you would go about getting one from Malta.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
But anyway back to Malta sounds interesting, might make a visit sometime. Majestic, yeah it would be very difficult getting a gun to Malta, not sure how you would go about getting one from Malta.

Hell count me in, this sounds like one of many caves and tunnel systems I have been looking into, there is this one in brazil also, its so long, the brazilian military went down and spent days just scanning it looking for villages who were thought to have wandered in and gotten lost, its so long its unbelievable. Scary thing is its man made. They gave up when they got to this one point in the cave where there was a massive room with 4 other cave routs going north east west and south. Another story says they ran away because of a flying demon like creature that was seen flying over head at one of the entrys, I think they recently closed it off because of people going missing every week that lived in the village near the cave enterence.

If you want more info you can PM me I have some radio shows and pics still i think and articals.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Doesn't it occur to you that with such similar stories like this from all over the world it could mean that they're just urban myths?

I bet no-one can find an authenticate newspaper report on any such incidents

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Doesn't it occur to you that with such similar stories like this from all over the world it could mean that they're just urban myths?

I bet no-one can find an authenticate newspaper report on any such incidents

Yeh probally is, but you never know. Like that siberian hole thing with the flying creature coming out of it, its probally a common creature under the earth.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
Theres a similar style of underground in Paris isn't there ?

Some ridiculouly large amount of tunnels on loads and loads of different levels, some rooms are filled to the brim with skulls and bones. There was a documentary aswell about it, the entrance was near the train lines or something. When the documentary exploreres went in they found a video tape deep in the tunnels or someone very scared running away from something, no one knows who the person was or what he was running from, rumours ofg all sorts of things hiding down there.

This was about the catacombs. Yes they do exist and yes there are remains of tens of thousands of people in there. I saw the same special on them you did. The "tape" they found was discovered about 2 weeks after "the Blair Witch Project" was released and was only a cheap attempt to make some money off the whole "This person or pepole vanished and all we found was the video tape" fad. Same as Mcpherson family abduction tape.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Tiloke]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Try talking to some Mexican people. I know a couple Mexicans that have told me storys about local caves near thier hometowns down in Mexico. But they do all have the same type of storys. Basically in the past people have entered the caves & never returned. Local priests say the caves are gateways to hell & stuff like that. But when you ask the elders in the family they swear its all 100% true.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
it almost seems as though locals people in small villages have all these stories which have probably been passed down to them but this cave system in malta does sound very intrieging

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I have a book I bought some years ago that has the actual piece about that woman's jouney into the caves you are discussing. It was suppose to have happened sometime in the 1930's and she wrote about it from memory some years later in a jounal of some kind.

The stroy goes her and some friends went on a tour of the caves with one of the locals. They had been through most of what was available to see when the woman asked what's through that cave. The local said you can go down there if you want but to use a rope.

Anyway the cave was small in height so they had to couch down while going through. Her and a friend proceeded down the cave with her leading. They had a rope attatched to them and we using flame touches. When she reached the end of the cave she came to a very short ledge that led to a large drop to a very large cavern.

The stroy goes while she was standing on the ledge a group of 9 foot or so human like creatures came out of a cave below single file and turned to her beckoning her with their hands to come down. She relates how frieghtended she was espially when a wind blew out her touch.

Her friend who was still behind her in the smaller entrance to the ledge was asking what was going on but she managed to back track herself and her friend back down the small cave to where the tour party was still waiting.

When they arrived back she looked at the local and she could sense he new what she might have seen and both said nothing or told anyone of the experience and proceeded out of the cave with the tour ending.

Some weeks later the strory of the missing school children and their teacher happened. The stroy goes when they went to look for the party their rope which had been like a line to the front of the cave had been cut and they never found them. The story of the sceaming children for weeks after is also realted in the tale.

Aftre this event the local govenment closed those particular entrances within the caves and forbid anyone enetering beyond a certain distance. Later the woman who'd had the experience went back to the caves but could not find the local who took her on the original tour and when she asked questions the locals just acted dumb.

That's basically the end of the tale. I will tell you of a story I was told about of the island of Savaii in Western Samoa last November 2006. I was on my honeymoon with my wife when driving around we saw and sign with directions to the Dwaves caves. We started going along the road but it was getting late and the road was pretty rough so we decided to give it a miss.

While on a tour of the island later in the week and being taken to see another cave we asked about the caves we almost went to. The local girl had told us they no longer take people into those caves becuase of how muddy it was into the entrance of the caves and an expidition they had with some European tourists.

These tourists from I think she said Italy and Germany had told them the caves led to some beach at the end of the caves so the locals took them in and spent no less than 12 hours going through the caves with out finding anything. Our guide had also remarked how the caves were very large like a Cathederal but was not keen on going back in and kind of discouraged it.

You can still go in these caves as it's open to the public but if what our tour guide said is accurate after 6 hours (that's 6 hours one way then a 6 hour return jouney) walking through what she descibed as large caves they just kept going on and on with out finding anything.

Sounds very intriging to say the least but you can imagine my wifes reluctance to letting me going in there for any long period of time. Anyway hope that gets the minds going but don't go too far peeps, keep reality in distance that you can manage a return from any stange world.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
i saw something like this on a system that was closed in spain. But there is also a "they found some interesting pictures" or writings that had part in the closing.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I've been to malta for a couple weeks. But I've never heard of this before.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join