It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel destroys Hezbollah headquarters in south Beirut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

Seems that the Hezbollah HQ has been leveled in Southern Beirut. It is not known how many casualties as this is a developing story.

Although many nations are condemning Israel, this is something that has been long in the making. The withdrawl from Gaza was first, then there is the 'death' of a prominent figure and the further rise of a terror organization who actually seize power of a country.

A country that is supported by Syria and Iran. It is a matter of time before there is a strike in Syria, and here you have a case for a major conflict that could be known as a World war. There was never a need to provoke Iran, however as now they are a nuclear nation and Russia and China back the UN, the middle east may be ready to be divided among 3 nations who need the resource the most. Who says the NWO coul not be a US/Chinese/Russian venture. I mean, could anyone stop that. Sorry for the added rant....

[edit on 14-7-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
"eye for an eye....", that saying is so true. imagine all the hatred this stuff creates, the endless circle.

shame but the middle east i do not think can ever be sorted out by talking, like israel now showing they are sick of it all, where is this going though.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
A country that is supported by Syria and Iran. It is a matter of time before there is a strike in Syria, and here you have WW3.

It's not WWIII till the whole world gets involved, right now it is a best a proxy war.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
CNN

Israeli warplanes destroyed a building housing the headquarters of Hezbollah guerrillas in south Beirut late Friday, The Associated Press reported. The AP said the group's TV station reported the strike.

Hezbollah says its leader, Sheik Hassan Nasrallah, and his family are safe after Israeli airstrikes, according to AP.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

A country that is supported by Syria and Iran. It is a matter of time before there is a strike in Syria, and here you have WW3.

Why would Iran change any plans it has to attack Israel over Syria?

How would Iran actually attack Syria? And columns that they sent would be destroyed in Iraq by the US, hell, it'd undue the insurgency as the Sunni portion of the insurgency would side with the US and Iraqi Government, and any shia militias that fielded to support the Iranians in their drive to Israel would be wiped out too.

Meanwhile, as the Iranian armour is burning in Iraq, the Israelis would be occupying Damascus and looking for a good arab puppet leader.

Iran's best bet is to use its military at home, not send it into a foreign country to be wiped out. Imagine if Hussein had sent his armies out of country before the US invasion, not only would they not be at home to defend it, but their equipment and arms couldn't be used to run the post-defeat insurgency.

It doesn't make sense.
Rather, what does make sense, is to try to destroy the democratic movement within Lebanon. The Lebanese were sick of the Syrians, because Israel wasn't an imminent threat. Now, there's probably a lot more support for having the Syrians come back in, and for having more militant islamist leaders in Lebanon, rather than democrats. That certainly fits in with the interests of Syria and islamist Iran.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ok, no mellodrama, i changed the post to exclude WW3. Why do you feel this could not lead to a larger conflict>

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer

It's not WWIII till the whole world gets involved, right now it is a best a proxy war.

As I mentioned in another post, we all remember Archduke Franz Ferdinand. It only took one man to start a World War. Tensions in the Balkons were at melting point (much like the Middle East), countries had already allied with each other (so one war happens everyone dives in)(much like the Middle East), alot of money to be made from winning (much like the ME), arms races (much like the ME).

I wouldn't be surprised if it did esculate into a World War. As they say "History repeats itself".

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Posted by Nygdan

Now, there's probably a lot more support for having the Syrians come back in, and for having more militant islamist leaders in Lebanon, rather than democrats. That certainly fits in with the interests of Syria and islamist Iran.

Ok, so if thats your idea of whats being played out, and you are probably right, what does that do for Israel, back to square one, rockets will still fly in, and the destruction of Israel called for, no?

It all goes in circles.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I don't see where I stated that Iran would move anything away(aromor,troops) from home, but they do go give much funding to Hezbollah. I was alluding to the first World War, and I am glad someone mentioned it. It takes something small to create something large.

There is an easy platform here for attmepting to destroy 3 countries in Israel, Iran and Syria. It has been stated that the kidnapped IDF may be moved to Iran. Do you think that Israel would not attempt incursion for retrieval of their soldiers? This is where the US comes in. What can Iran do? If they do anything they will be shunned and attacked. So it is a catch 22 that Israel is sick of playing, and it all seems to be coming ot a head. Will it be nuclear winter tomorrow, no, but 6 months from now it will be good case for troop removal in Iraq, as we can easily accept tensions there will rise also.

top topics

join