It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help I can't delete some temp files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have 32 web client publisher temporary files that disk cleanup can not get rid of.

At first when I ran disk cleanup from system tools it would just set there so I then began running it and deleting one thing at a time, it worked and then when I got to the web client publisher temp. files it would not let me delete them though I tried many times. I did hit the tab more info and noticed that when I clicked windows on the left side some of the files that showed up were highlighted in blue, I am assuming these are the files, should I go through and delete as many as the system will alow or is there another option. I have deleted all the temp files through tools, internet option, including history, but nothing seems to be working.

Since I do not really know enough about the computer system to safely be deleting things, I really need some advice. I have windows XP. TIA

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Try removing them in safe mode.

Start >> Run > msconfig.exe > BOOT.INI > Check where it says SAFEBOOT

Reboot

Try to delete the file(s)

Then,

Start >> Run > msconfig.exe > BOOT.INI > UNcheck where it says SAFEBOOT

Try that.

I think that the reason you can't delete, is that it is being used by some process.

And as they are only temp files, I see no major problem in deleting them.

[edit on 7/14/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Also, you might want to use a good 3rd party program to clean up your machine. Here's one that I have used for years, and trust.

Ccleaner

run the cleaner, then scan for issues using Ccleaner to clean up unnecessary registry values.

new topics

join