It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the Floodgates have Opened.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Fox News is now reporting.

www.foxnews.com...
Report: Palestinians Blow Hole in Border Wall at Gaza-Egypt Border

Apparently there is an "Increase" occuring in the Population, with a large flow of people actually going into Gaza. I guess they would not be what you could term as "visitors", going there for Holiday's.

Likewise, in the Security Council today, several comments where made in regards to the Lebanon situation by the Israeli Delegation.

Claims of Fault?
Pointing fingers at Lebanon?

NO

Actually supporting the views being expressed by Lebanon's own government personel, which are blaming, both Syria and Iran for the problems they face today.

We also saw this week, Egypt chastizing Syria respecting their involvement.

I will try and update the Gaza Hole situation when further details become available, and see what I can get from the Security Council's Meeting today, where Israel was expressing the pleas that Lebanon's people making.

I pull that Chastisement up as well, shortly.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here' Egypts Comments.

article.wn.com...

Hamas Leader Will Bring Destruction on Middle East, Egypt Says
Julie Stahl
Jerusalem Bureau Chief

Jerusalem (CNSNews.com) - Egypt has warned Syria that it should expel the Damascus-based Hamas leadership or risk the destruction of the Syrian regime.

Israel has blamed Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal for giving the order to abduct soldier Gilad Shalit during an attack on an Israeli outpost along the Israeli-Gaza border two weeks ago. And Israel says it is Mashaal who is preventing Corporal Shalit's release.

Israel also warned Damascus, which hosts the headquarters of about a dozen Palestinian terrorist organizations, not to harbor Mashaal. Israeli Air Force jets buzzed the summer palace of Syrian President Bashar Assad two weeks ago as a warning.

Nothing in Egypt yet, about the Gaza Hole.

As for Iran, and their comments, as Iranian producted weaponry is falling in Hiafa, it seems they are just comment as per usual.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Iranian President Warns Israel About Syria

Friday July 14, 2006 3:01 AM
By NASSER KARIMI

Associated Press Writer

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Iran's president warned Israel against extending its offensive in Lebanon to neighboring Syria, saying such a move would be regarded as an attack on the whole Islamic world and be met with a ``crushing response,'' the official Iranian news agency said Friday.

Israel has intensified its attacks on Lebanon to put pressure on the government and force Hezbollah to free the two Israeli soldiers it captured Wednesday. Syria and Iran are the top backers of the Shiite Hezbollah guerrilla group in Lebanon.

``If the occupying regime of Jerusalem attacks Syria, it will be equivalent to an attack on the whole Islamic world and the regime (Israel) will face a crushing response'' Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by IRNA.

Ahmadinejad made the comments in a telephone conversation with Syrian President Bashar Assad to assure him of his support, the agency said.

The Iranian leader called on Muslim countries to create a united front against Israel.

``The Islamic world, especially countries in this region, need more unity and integrity, particularly in the context of Lebanon and Palestine,'' Ahmadinejad said.

Now this is very good new's for those who view things as Hamas and Hezbollah see things. Not good for everyone else.

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Shane]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
While Militants did blow the hole, I couldn't imagine what it would be like being stuck outside my country if My wife, children,siblings, mother or father were on the other side. I guess I'd do anything to get back to make sure my family was safe. Lots of Arab-Americans have been turned away from entering Gaza that have sick or dying relatives as well. Your mom or dad was dying, and bombs were dropping around them, would you stay behind a border or would you try to sneak in? It doesn't necessarily have to be sinister intentions.

Hundreds of people have been stranded on the Egyptian side of the border, unable to get to their homes in Gaza.

Rafah's closure left hundreds of Palestinians who work and study in Egypt stranded, while preventing hundreds of others from leaving the coastal area to receive medical treatment abroad.

Last week, a 26-year-old Palestinian woman suffering from cancer died at the border while waiting to be allowed into Gaza

Source

Edit to add
I can only see things like this as pushing people directly into the arms of the Militants when they, rather then the Israelis end up doing the humanitarian thing. They should have never kept those crossings closed for so long.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So Egypt can be added to the list aswell...

anyone know what the Saudi's have to say about this? i feel that they are probably keeping out of this one, but Saudi's have mix emotions when it comes to Israel.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
So Egypt can be added to the list aswell...

anyone know what the Saudi's have to say about this? i feel that they are probably keeping out of this one, but Saudi's have mix emotions when it comes to Israel.

SA Blames Hizbollah for the Lebanese predicament. They also mentioned Iran as being part of the problem. They also reiterated support for Palestinian and Lebanese resistance against Israeli occupation. So I guess they are playing the field LOL

Pie

[edit on 14-7-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
While Militants did blow the hole,........Hundreds of people have been stranded on the Egyptian side of the border, unable to get to their homes in Gaza.

I can only see things like this as pushing people directly into the arms of the Militants when they, rather then the Israelis end up doing the humanitarian thing. They should have never kept those crossings closed for so long.

Well, we are seeing, the "Prepared" news is starting to arrive, and it does suggests as you have noted.

www.foxnews.com...
Militants Blow Hole in Egypt-Gaza Border Wall
Friday, July 14, 2006

RAFAH, Gaza Strip — Hundreds of Palestinians poured into the Gaza Strip from Egypt on Friday after militants blew a hole in the border wall, an Associated Press reporter at the scene said.

The border has largely been closed since June 25, when Palestinian militants carried out a cross-border raid on a military outpost, killing two Israeli soldiers and capturing one.

Hundreds of people have been stranded on the Egyptian side of the border, unable to get to their homes in Gaza.

(I am always supportive of truth, and will acknowledge you where accurate in you assessment, but I also expect these are not the only people flooding into Gaza.)

I did find an Update on the Security Council, but this is not what I heard watching the Video of those Talks. MSM Prepared reporting again. It notes

www.foxnews.com...
Israel, Lebanon Trade Blame in Security Council
Friday, July 14, 2006

....The Israeli offensive was sparked by Wednesday's kidnapping of two Israeli soldiers by Hezbollah guerrillas who crossed the Blue Line, which is not an official border but was drawn by the United Nations to mark Israel's withdrawal from Lebanon in May 2000. Hezbollah operates with near autonomy in south Lebanon, and the government has resisted international pressure to disarm it — a step that could break the country apart.

Israel's U.N. Ambassador Dan Gillerman told the Security Council that Israel had no choice but to react to the "absolutely unprovoked attack" by Hezbollah, which included rocket attacks into Israel.

"Israel's actions were in response to an act of war from Lebanon," he said, stressing that it was concentrated mainly on Hezbollah strongholds.

But many Security Council ambassadors who spoke afterward accused Israel using excessive force — destroying critical civilian infrastructure and killing and injuring innocent civilians.

Gillerman blamed the Lebanese government for failing to respond to numerous Security Council resolutions demanding that it disarm Hezbollah and take control of southern Lebanon. He told the council that many Lebanese know Israel is doing the right thing in attacking Hezbollah, and if it succeeds generations to come will live in a "free, democratic Lebanon."

"The real occupying power in Lebanon is terror — terror instigated by Hezbollah but funded by Iran and Syria," he said.

It fails to note the Language used in specific to the comments I made eariler, but I will seek those out. This seems to be a twisted verison of the actual event, although I can understand the context shown, since all are fairly Tense right now.

www.un.org...
Security Council calls on all sides in Middle East to cooperate with UN team

14 July 2006 – Following a Security Council meeting today to discuss the escalating crisis in the Middle East, its President called on all “concerned sides and parties” to fully cooperate with a high-level United Nations team – which includes Secretary-General Kofi Annan’s Special Political Adviser – that has been sent to the region.

“The Security Council welcomes the Secretary-General’s decision to dispatch to the Middle East a senior-level team,” the 15-member body said in a statement to the press read out by its President for July, Ambassador Jean-Marc de la Sablière of France. “The Security Council calls on all concerned states and parties to extend their full cooperation to the team.”

So the situation from the U.N. has also not addressed the comments made from within the meeting. A short comment on the discussion is noted as follows,

These opening remarks were then followed by statements from the representatives of Lebanon and Israel as well as by all 15 members of the Council who met for consultations before coming up with the press statement.

Breaking News

It is now being announced by the Head of Hezbollah in Lebanon, that "You wanted war, You will have Open War". No press on this yet. It was just annouced on the Air, but this was said, in the same breath as noting people were celebrating in Southern Lebanon, by these remarks.

Well let's trust this piece of work is at least Honest, and lines each and every Terrorist within the Hebollah to the Border, to standup like men and fight Israel with integrity, rather than cowering and hiding in the Civilian Populace.

and More Breaking News

And it seems they may intend to. Fianlly, news from Hezbollah, has now been aired indicating they have Hit an Israeli Ship with two rockets. At least that is something being done right. Attack the Military. Leave the Arab's and Jews alone in Hiafa.

Well, I guess we'll see where this goes as the day progresses.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
As I posted on another thread covering thsi subject, I just finished listening to Radio Israel on shortwave. They are reporting that 'dozens' of Palestinians that were caught on the Egyptian side of the border when hostilities broke out are coming through a 6 meter hole blown in the border fence by militants. These people are said to be a mix of Palestinians trying to get back to their families and Hamas militants that were caught on the other side of the border. Not reporting 'floods' of people.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hello Jtma508

I am sure this can be spread over the matter, apposed to JUST the hole alone.

I heard reports of Hundreds that got in, which is far more than just mere dozens, but at least that matter has been addressed, and this Hole has once agan been blocked.

I would expect no one will no for certain, what and who got in or out.

Ciao

Shane

top topics

join