It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN REPORTS: Flood of Egyptians crossing into GAZA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Witnesses say a flood of people are crossing into Gaza from Egypt after Palestinians blew a hole in a border wall at the Gaza-Egypt border, The Associated Press reports

Why would Egyptians want to get into Gaza?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
freedom fighters? aiding the cause.

although, if that is the case, why would egypt build a wall there in the first place?

wait, I know, because they don't want the Palestinians crossing into Egypt and living there.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
freedom fighters? aiding the cause.

although, if that is the case, why would egypt build a wall there in the first place?

wait, I know, because they don't want the Palestinians crossing into Egypt and living there.

The Palestinians don't want to live there either...they go to School there,and work there, some go to hospitals there...If they were going to want to live there, then what sense would it make that they would blow the gates to come back inside Palestine? They would be leaving if they wanted to go out.
If they didn't have a wall there don't you think that Israel would accuse them of aiding the enemy anytime something went wrong? I would imagine its a necessity.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Interesting. As part of the unilateral withdrawl from gaza, the yehudis left the Gaza/Egypt border up to the peopel of gaza and egypt. Looks like that was a little too optimistic. They might have to militarize the borders of gaza, but leave the internal situation up to them.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It sounds to me like they were Palestinians that were on the Egyptian side of the wall trying to get back in.

AP: Hundreds of Palestinians enter Gaza

Palestinian militants forced open a border gate between Egypt and Gaza on Friday, AP reported, wounding an Egyptian officer before letting hundreds of people who had been trapped on the Egyptian side of the border to get into Gaza.

Egyptian police Capt. Mohammed Abdel Hadi said masked Palestinian militants firing guns broke into the Egyptian side of the Rafah border crossing, clearing the way for the trapped Gazans, according to AP.

www.cnn.com...

They’re not Egyptians, they are Palestinians returning home.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the explanation.

I thought that Egypt was somehow joining the fray.

Just Palestenians trying to get home.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Odd that they had to illegally enter gaza when its under palestinian control.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
egypt might have sealed the border to avoid an influx of unwanted palestinians. As I said earlier, they aren't welcome in many arab nations.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
egypt might have sealed the border to avoid an influx of unwanted palestinians. As I said earlier, they aren't welcome in many arab nations.

Well then you would think that they would let them leave first, no?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
who knows? I'm just throwing thoughts around. Perhaps they figured they would wind up with more people coming out than coming in? The middle east makes no sense to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I just finished listening to Radio Israel on shortwave. They're reporting that 'dozens' of Palestinians who were trapped on the Egyptian side when the conflict broke out are coming through a 6 meter hole blown in the wall by militants. They are saying that the people coming through are a mix of Palestinians trying to return to their families in Gaza and Hamas militants that were stuck on the Egyptian side of the border.

top topics

join