It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Tibetan monks teach us that we need to "rise above the miseries of life and take to a solitary life of meditation until one had achieved the pinnacle of the enlightened state, never to be born again into the Samsara (whirlpool of life and death) of worldly existence."

What is it with Buddhists and reincarnation?
They all think that we need to do what those monks did.

They are born, and they realise their life sucks, somethings missing, so instead of doing something about this they come up with bull# stories that they come here not for pleasure but to reach enlightenment and stop constant reincarnation? And after you stopped reincarnating, what then? Dont you wonna come back to earth again?

I am sorry but i dont really agree with that and neither does Kabbalah. What Kabbalah teaches you is that you come here to find yourself and live live to the fullest.

Tibetans say life is a chor and you must do something so that you dont come back here again in your next life! Thats rubbish!

Also Tibetans think that your whole existance is linear. Your born you live you die then you go on somewhere then you get born again...

I think that theory was brilliantly looked at in Waking Life where the woman says that now there are twice more people than there were 50 years ago so where do all these new souls come from? And the man asks do you think re incarnation does not exists and she says she thinks reincarnation is a poetic expression and we are all living and sharing experiences together or something like that.

Kabbalah teaches you is that we come to earth to live. What Kabbalah also teaches you is that each soul can have many simulteneous incarnations at the same time.

Its not like you live then you die then you reincarnate, but rather there are many incarnations of your soul living on this planet at this moment. And they are all contributing to your oversoul to speak about it like that. And that leaves more questions than answers.

Such as what happens after you die? Which one of you that live here at the same time is going to be chosen for the next life?

Whats your view on reincarnation?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
In the fact,Buddhism isn't a religion which believe in Reincarnation.
Buddha wasn't tell follower about the paranormal things at all.

Buddhism is living for 2500 years,change of location so many time.
From India to China to Japan to South East Asia.
In China,It evolved the teaching very much,so it's just the stories that is the way of teaching only.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
My view on reincarnation is that there are certain lessons that we all are here to learn, and we must learn all of them in order to move on completely. If you do not learn your lesson this time around, you keep coming back until you get it right. Let's say that my lesson in this life is charity, but I'm constantly being greedy and selfish and never help others who need it. I'm obviously not grasping what it is I need to learn and will be back to try again in my next life. If I never learn all my lessons, I never move on and will continue to reincarnate for eternity or until I finally get it right.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reincarnation is hokey, but buddhism is a good way of life, peaceful, so it isn't 'stupid' by any means.. many of its teachings are sound and intelligent, although I disagree with the perception of these past-lives. Due to certain circumstances our blood will be alikened to someone elses in the past of ALL OUR Bloods meaning that all the blood that flows in our veins is just an upgrade of the blood that was in people thousands of years ago .. to go further.. because of certain circumstances certain 'old blood thoughts' pop up into our mind .. to teach us something of our circumstances now.. it is the blood that is key, not the memories which are fleeting..

[edit on 14/7/06 by dnero6911]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think we chose to be here now at this time in life.
I think we may have a choice to come here or not after we die, and I think we can do it when we want to....and after a certain level of spiritual growth, we will no longer be able to come back down here.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Reincarnation
I believe in reincarnation; that a person betters the soul or spirit. This can not always be done in the time frame of one life here on Earth, so one must come back to learn.
Once the lessons are complete, you then become a teacher if you choose, or your life moves on to a Different relm, per se "Heaven". Earth is a purification stage in the life of the spirit, one must complete to move to a higher place.

My devine encounters with what others may call paranormal, i call spiritual awakenings, being told by Elder spirits already gone that a soul can take as many as eight lives here on earth learning lessons before moving on. But once you go beyond there is no returning to Earth, because there is no need too.

Some souls choose to reincarnate to help others as teachers until they feel right to move on if they have already completed it themselves.

I do not believe in pre-destination(as a lot of Christians would, what would be the point?).

I think buddha is a teacher, one who had choose to stay and teach others, as i'm sure there have been many alike.

Note: If you research back, Christianity and reincarnation where linked as well and mentioned, but has since been removed by the Romans

Some People as you read on here need to work on their judging others and there views, Or would you rather come back once again??

The Gentle One
Dark Raven

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm kind of a bit perplexed by buddism too, I only have a laymans understanding of it but there's something a bit...well almost defeatist about some of it's tenets. I understand there is an argument for rising above worldy matters, the ego and desires but it seems so pointless to be put on earth just to go through a long, painful process of rejecting it. from a spiritual standpoint there must be a lesson for us to learn here but a complete denial of all that this life has to offer seems a little almost nihilistic and cold. Perhaps I'm not grasping the subtleties of the teachings.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
My experience with reincarnation has me a believer. I dont follow any religion, only inner feelings and experiences, and from what I experienced with reincarnatin is that we come to "earth" as a group, several people in a group, who interact with each other through several lifetimes playing different roles. We interact with other soul groups in a ever widening patters of of experience. Its like a classroom and my children may very well be my parents next time around. To me, this is what soul mates are too, they are people within your group who interact with you through several lifetimes to learn something. They have a major impact on your life on a personal level. Just my rambling thoughts...but reincarnation to me is a reality, I actually had an experience where I relived the last few hours of my last lifetime, and I couldnt doubt it anymore, I meditated on the subject and asked the powers that be to let me know if it was a valid experience for me or not, and then that night, after I went to sleep I had a dream, which I view as a memory because I had asked for it, of how I died. To me is it real

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I believe in reincarnation, but I'm not affiliated with any religion. I don't believe that life in this universe is fair or unfair, it just is. And reincarnation just is. I view this cycle as something beyond our understanding, something that is not capable of reaching our senses. Perhaps there is a way that our souls are awakened through each living experience, but I am unsure. I realize that some people believe that we gain certain attributes as our soul passes through several lives, whether they are human or not. And reincarnation is not something that is unique to Buddhism either, there are many other beliefs that implement the idea of reincarnation. I do know that there is more to our existence here on earth. Just the way I see it.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Reincarnation is a topic which has been touched by Hinduism too. The Holy Bhagwat Gita talks about Reincarnation and topics on Rebirth.

Religion and the topic covered in these religious books are for those who believe in these topics. From a skeptic point of view due to lack of exposure or any solid proof, it is easy to pick on these topics.

Yoga, an art practised for centuries in the East has managed to penetrate the west. The benefits of Yoga were known to the learned of the east but when it entered the western culture it did get resistence. In fact for a long time it has been resisted however with times changes and the word spreading it has become a very essential part of excercise in our western culture.

The eastern culture and some of the belief's are tough to comprehend and i would agree from where you come.

I would recommend reading a few of the holy books to understand a bit more on this topic.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I am a Kemetic Pagan, we believe in reincarnation.

Our belief system is that there is i tier system. To explain this i will have to use a visual analogy:

Imagine there is a square box, this box is in turn divided into 1/4's. Inside each of theses 1/4 within the box, is 30 smaller boxes. So we have 120 small boxes within 4 larger boxes held in one overall box. Every time we die we ascend one of these small boxes and relive the same life again. We continue to do this until we play out all 120 boxes, within all 1/4's. At the end we are then judged bye one of our gods. If we are deemed worthy we get to sit next to our god (Osiris), if we are judged that we haven't learnt enough from our lives we cease to exist and just end.

Its all about karma and learning from it.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Picklewalsh,

Could you please assist me by giving me guidance on some more information in the religious you follow. Do forgive my ignorance if I ask what is Kematic Pagan?

Appreciate your assistance.

Thankyou

K23

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowledge23

Could you please assist me by giving me guidance on some more information in the religious you follow. Do forgive my ignorance if I ask what is Kematic Pagan?

I do not mind at all

Kemetism is the old Egyptian belief system, dating from around 4,500 years ago.

Here is a few links to help:

Kemetic FAQ
A few resources
Google results

Sorry i don't have time to type allot about it, but those links do a better job then i ever could.

[edit on 29-7-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Picklewash,

Thankyou for the information. There is a fair bit of information on these pages. I should have double checked on the net before requesting.

Impressive literature and I am sure I'll have to devote a lot of time to digest the information.

Thankyou Again.

With Best Regards

K23

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Its no problem at all, im glad i could help.

If you want to ask me anything on the subject, feel free to U2U me

[edit on 29-7-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I believe in reincarnation. I know that I lived in the days of the Native Americans. I also lived in the days of swords and sorcery. I also think I was a black man that played blues guitar in the south in the early 1900's.

I also think there is something to the point that we are living many lives simultaneously. If I beleive in both it doesn't make much sense but I do. I don't know the answer but I totally don't agree that we only have one life and if we don't do good we will burn in hell etc...

I can't wait to get better at meditation etc. so I can find out more maybe. I also think I have something to do with Jesus. I don't mean I was him just something I can't explain. I don't believe in any religion either, just myself and goodness. The hardest part is accepting that bad is nessacary. You can't judge anything. I am defintely one of the members of the family of light. A man of honor type stuff. It's all so mind boggling that when you think about things it is just too deep. If you don't believe in reincarnation then more power to ya.

new topics

top topics

join