It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been erased?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hey,
Have you, or anyone you know, or have you even ever heard about someone who has had their life erased.
AKA, someone who returns home to find they no longer live there, all there contacts and historys have been deleted and their life has disapeared.

As far as I know this has never happened, but does anyone else know of any time when something like this has happened?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
No.
But there was a time in my life that I felt invisible.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I know it's not exactly what you are looking for, but a similar topic would be that of scammers obtaining personal information and taking over your life. An article on identity fraud as follows:

Identity theft (or identity fraud, iJacking) occurs when someone wrongfully acquires or uses another person's personal data, typically for their own financial gain. [1] Sometimes it is referred to as "identity fraud" since the criminal impersonates rather than 'removes' the victims identity.

Most commonly, this term is used in relation to credit card fraud although mortgage fraud and other kinds of financial fraud are common. Less commonly, it is used to enable illegal immigration, terrorism or espionage. It may also be a means of blackmail if activities undertaken by the thief in the name of the victim would have serious consequences for the victim.

Techniques for obtaining information include :

stealing mail or rummaging through rubbish (dumpster diving in the USA)
eavesdropping on public transactions to obtain personal data (shoulder surfing)
stealing personal information in computer databases
infiltration of organizations that store large amounts of personal information
impersonating a trusted organisation in an electronic communication (phishing)
Spam (electronic): Some, if not all Spam requires you to respond to alleged contests, enter into "Good Deals".
Identity theft is not possible without serious breaches of privacy. If corporate or government organisations do not protect consumer privacy, client confidentiality and political privacy the execution of identity theft becomes much easier for criminals.[2]

Eventually the problem will be resolved, I wonder what would happen if an identity thief died while being in posession of an identity? Would you be classed as dead? Makes you wonder..
Good 'ol Wiki

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ahh yes, stealing identities.
I have seen so many movies and books based on the idea of someone loosing their life, having everything they ever knew just deleted, physical and mental, but I wanted to know if this sort of thing has ever happened, if someone has ever claimed that their entire life has just disapeared.

EDIT: Of course if this happened the person would probably have no evidence of their old life since it was deleted, so I am not looking for cases with any hard evedence, mearly cases where people have claimed their life was deleted.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Majestic 12]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well I suppose this only happens in the witness protection program. I knew a woman who had to have her idenity changed for this very reason. I don't know what she was a witness to, however it must have been serious enough for the FBI to set her up with a name and address change.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This stuff is getting way out of hand.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Years ago, a hacker got ticked off at me because he thought I was making a move on his girlfriend, He got into my bank's accounting computer and somehow managed to freeze my checking account in such a way that even the bank couldn't assess fees to it. It was more of a nusiance than anything since I only had about $40 in the account at the time. Even when I wrote a check to close the account, the check not only bounced, but the bank was unable to charge the customary overdraft fee.
About 4 years later, the bank called me. told me they had updated their computer system and noticed my account had been inactive for several years, and had me come in and closeout the account.
They never would admit they had been hacked.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
UFO freak Bob Lazzar has claimed that his history has been erased by the govt.

top topics

join