It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

We humans are uncoordinated

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
What I meant by that is, the Nazi version of their "divine plan" was so badly constructed, that it was doomed to fail. Genocide does not work for world domination, history has proven than many times over.


Completely agree with you. I thought it was another 'God wins over all and God decides on peace evil will never win'. Of course the Nazis had an evil agenda and thus were beaten by opposing 'good forces'.


Don't get me wrong, I would give my life for my country if it meant saving many more lives of my fellow Americans. But, most people don't fight... they are the ones that are being protected by the people that do fight. If WW 3 does come out of what is going on in the middle east, then I would have no quams with protecting what I know and believe is right.


Again, respect given where respect is due. I fully agree with you on this matter. If the cause is right the fight is right.


I am not a peace love and tranquility kind of person, I just know for a fact how trivial alot of the reasons are for going to war. Especially in our modern times.


Like the 'war on terrorism' (oil) routine?! Again I feel you are absolutely correct. I still feel our support for a possible Israel war is valid, yet I know I will be opening a can of worms with fellow Ats'ers.


No. Maybe not enlightened, but I am sure you are quite up-to-date when concerning the evolution bit


Well i'm not denying it!


On a whole after the whole tit vs tat routine, I completely agree with you. Aslong as we both can admit that war is essential in certain circumstances. I'm not trigger happy where i'd wish a war on a particular race/creed/nationality as of course that is absolutely backward in evolutionary terms. War IMO, is essential in our human evolution. We have to fight for what we believe and if we think too much of the 'bigger picture' we will blow the whole lot of out offspring into a world of control and no free thought. Because after all, free thought makes us human.




posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
In Contrast to the NWO and Illuminati's plan for a world goverment. I believe we as human beings can have a one world goverment while still keeping our cultures and beliefs moderatly intact. We will have to strictly watch who and why they are making this goverment and what is they are limiting our freedoms.



posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Indeed revelmonk, many people were opposed to the formation of a union of states, but California and New York are still pretty disctinctive, even if they have the same federal government.
Heck, the brits had an Empire with a Monarch and anglos only Parliament, that didn't make the Punjabis like the Boers and the Canadians like the Sierre Leonans!



posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
Genocide does not work for world domination, history has proven than many times over.

?
Genocidal tactics are probably the only thing that can form an Empire and the like. Thats how its most often worked. The Spanish global empire was held together by genocidal tactics upon the native south americans, the roman empire was so specific in their ravages that they even made names for different portions of it, come into a region, and kill every tenth man in the barbarous tribe, and you've got 'decimation'. The Ottomans committed genocide against the armenians and greeks, who were their ownly antagonistic neighbhors. The Mongols wiped out entire cities. The japanese were able to control east asia by nearly doing the same. Only the britihs empire didn't engage in those kinds of tactics in general. And even they, when faced with an insurgency guerilla war in south africa, hauled every Boer civilian they could into Concentration Camps, which had themselves been invented by the Spanish in its last grasps at empire.

If the nazis hadn't been defeated militarily, and had focused their genocidal tactics on the territories that weren't cooperative (rather than kiling their own citizens, or polish jews who weren't resisting anyway), there'd be Nazi Empire over europe to this day. Just look at how much difficulty the US is having with Iraq, and how 'peaceful' things were when Saddam with his genocidal practices, was.



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Genocidal tactics are probably the only thing that can form an Empire and the like. Thats how its most often worked. The Spanish global empire was held together by genocidal tactics upon the native south americans, the roman empire was so specific in their ravages that they even made names for different portions of it, come into a region, and kill every tenth man in the barbarous tribe, and you've got 'decimation'. The Ottomans committed genocide against the armenians and greeks, who were their ownly antagonistic neighbhors. The Mongols wiped out entire cities. The japanese were able to control east asia by nearly doing the same. Only the britihs empire didn't engage in those kinds of tactics in general. And even they, when faced with an insurgency guerilla war in south africa, hauled every Boer civilian they could into Concentration Camps, which had themselves been invented by the Spanish in its last grasps at empire.


Genocide is one of the seeds of hatred in humanity. It was and still is an awful way to carry out foreign politics
. But, in response to you saying that genocide works to establish empires, how many of those empires are still in power today? And btw, thanks for the history lesson.



If the nazis hadn't been defeated militarily, and had focused their genocidal tactics on the territories that weren't cooperative (rather than kiling their own citizens, or polish jews who weren't resisting anyway), there'd be Nazi Empire over europe to this day. Just look at how much difficulty the US is having with Iraq, and how 'peaceful' things were when Saddam with his genocidal practices, was.


The Nazis would still be in power? So you are saying that you know what the future would have been if history had a different course? How do you know this? You don't, cause it didn't happen.

There has to be a struggle against terror. That is what we are seeing today. Terror warfare. It is not right for people to run in the streets with bombs strapped to their chests blowing up innocent people. What the hell are they thinking (besides the 72 virgins they are so sure they will see)?



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I would like to play devil's advocate and say that if it wasn't for war this world would indeed be very different. Infact we would probably be very primative technologically. Now i don't think anyone here thinks that war or death is a good thing, but lets face the facts, the huge technological boom in america and across the world in the 20th century was due to war. The cold war for the second half of that century. Let me be a little more specific, as a film student i was taught a lot about film lenses and such. In our history class we found out that a lot of the technology for these great lenses that allow us to make movies today were developed by the military to spy on Russia. Another example is the computer. All of the resources that went into developing computers early on and throughout today was done for what? So that America would have a military advantage over the rest of the world. War and Art have been the driving force of man kind for our entire existance, and you can't expect something like that to change over night. Maybe and i repeat maybe someday that will change but not any time soon. In fact the best way for humanity to unite as one is to introduce an external threat or enemy. Like hostile aliens.



posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice
I would like to play devil's advocate and say that if it wasn't for war this world would indeed be very different. Infact we would probably be very primative technologically. Now i don't think anyone here thinks that war or death is a good thing, but lets face the facts, the huge technological boom in america and across the world in the 20th century was due to war. The cold war for the second half of that century. Let me be a little more specific, as a film student i was taught a lot about film lenses and such. In our history class we found out that a lot of the technology for these great lenses that allow us to make movies today were developed by the military to spy on Russia. Another example is the computer. All of the resources that went into developing computers early on and throughout today was done for what? So that America would have a military advantage over the rest of the world. War and Art have been the driving force of man kind for our entire existance, and you can't expect something like that to change over night. Maybe and i repeat maybe someday that will change but not any time soon. In fact the best way for humanity to unite as one is to introduce an external threat or enemy. Like hostile aliens.


Well.

I remember watching a show on either Histroy of National Geo (can't remember which, maybe it was Science Channel?)...anyway:

They found a one of the very first South American Cities (older than 3000 BCE), it had huge temples and housing. And through foresics, they found thtat, despite being in the Desert, the city's citizens were very ewll taken care of, and their main staple was FISH...in the Desert.

And do you wanna know how many wepaons were found?
ZERO.

A city sprung to live out of nowhere, without any mentionings of conquest (at least none have been found so far). One of the Archeoligists (who wrote a book about how war causes man to progrees) said he'd have to sit back, and rewrite a whole new version of history.

Violence doesn't bring you forward to civilization. It brings you forward to more weapons for more wars.

As for the main topic:

Again. As I said before. It's because our countries are too BIG. We need to shrink everything.

Tie two people's legs together. What happens? After a few minutes, the yare able to co-exist relatively simply.

Now tie one thousand people's legs together. What happens? Nothing. Just fighting and bickering, and the commands to move one way or the other are pointless, as no one will move an inch.

That's my society analogy.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join