It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel and U.S. Troops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Due to the heroic iraqi resistance keeping the ameroisraelies at bay, Israel is screwed !

Desires and wishful thinking will not get one too far from base when reality enters the door.

Believe all the rhetoric you desire, Israel as a contemporary nation has never been defeated militarily (even when numerous nations conspired and acted against her defending with poor conscripts).

If Israel is so vulnerable, where is the invasion?...the big assault?...nations sided againt Zionism ending the issues at hand...the end to her [Israels's] existence…oh!...not yet right?...just wait and see?...please!...

The answer: Get absolutely used to Israel's existance and move on....

“Peace will come when an Arab leader is courageous enough to wish it”.
-Golda Meir, 1957

mg

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear

“Peace will come when an Arab leader is courageous enough to wish it”.
-Golda Meir, 1957

mg

Did Mrs. Meir say that as she stood on 'Golda's Balcony' overlooking the Demona nuclear facility as they were enriching Uranium for Nuclear weapons or was that another time?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Did Mrs. Meir say that as she stood on 'Golda's Balcony' overlooking the Demona nuclear facility as they were enriching Uranium for Nuclear weapons or was that another time?

Not to my knowledge, unless the French have reported it some where. Of course they would know, wouldn’t they?

mg

[edit on 14-7-2006 by missed_gear]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear

Not to my knowledge, unless the French have reported it some where. Of course they would know, wouldn’t they?

mg

You know I was just trying to be a wiseguy I hope. (Although the naming of the balcony is true) It was just meant to be kind of ironic how someone would say that about courage , yet have a need for and approve of a weapon of such devastation.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
Although I support a draft against Hezbullah atm I don't think most of the U.S. would. I do think though that if we had to go with Syria and Iran the majority of the U.S. would support a draft. We have to consider that Israel in reality is basically a U.S. state althought a lot of the U.S. doesn't realise that I think many more do.

No the majority of the US would not support a draft to go to war with Iran or Syria. Americans will NOT sacrifice their children to the Middle East. They don't believe in a War on Terror that much.

This is much different while I was in high school during Vietnam. Kids are different. Parents are different. They ain't giving their kids up. Trust me on that.

Nor would Congress pass a draft, especially near election. It will be the end for the Republicans. Bush said that he wouldn't instate a draft, if he did, there would be an ENORMOUS outrage and uprising. Then democrats after winning the majority EVERYWHERE, will start impeachment hearings for Bush after lying.

I cannot stress this enough. If there is a draft, it will be utter chaos.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The biggest factors involved, though possibly obvious, are:

1) Mid-East Oil - If the conflict between Israel and any Arab nation that harbors Muslim extremists escalates to the point where the U.S. oil supply is threatened, it is go time.

2) U.S.- Israel Relations - The United States needs Israel as a solid gateway to the middle-east in many ways. Israel need the United States as strong allies and economic partners. It's a big brother/little brother relationship so to speak and if they ask for help, the U.S. will be there without hesitation.

3) Muslim Extremist Punching Bag, i.e., Israel - Hezbollah is likely closer aligned today with Al-Qaeda than in the past because of similar agenda. As I've read in prior posts, and couldn't agree more, their timing is not just excellent, it has been executed with great precision in order to advance their agenda. Hezbollah didn't choose Israel on accident, they chose Israel because of their direct ties with the U.S. As for Lebanon, it is unfortunate their politics are so enmeshed with Hezbollah directive and doctrine, but the country will feel it nonetheless.

What the United States, the Bush Administration namely, will pursue is the politically beneficial route to bolster their stance on terrorists. Already, advisors are probably designing a campaign linking Hezbollah with Al-Qaeda beyond the fact that they are both on the terror watch list. The Bush team needs another domestic win and if it means helping out Israel, it will.

HOWEVER, no U.S. ground troops beyond evacuation forces will be committed. The U.S. owns too much sophisticated hardware and intelligence methods to send troops in without great cause - that cause will likely only be the imminent collapse of Israel.

Yes, U.S. forces will likely contribute should things get worse. (read Air Force, Naval Air Support) No, U.S. troops are not indicated considering current deployment elsewhere and possible political fallout from further American troop loss.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You know I was just trying to be a wiseguy I hope. (Although the naming of the balcony is true) It was just meant to be kind of ironic how someone would say that about courage , yet have a need for and approve of a weapon of such devastation.

I got it, but more to Golda’s point perhaps the ‘necessity’ is wherein lies the irony…. at the same press conference in Washington 1957 she stated immediately prior to my original quotation belonging to her…

“Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us”.

Perhaps this may well be true….

mg

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

ROLF

Oh my that is the most magnificent troll. EVER! One WATS for you LOL

I do not think you meant it that way, but if you did. It would have 10 out of 10 stars. Perfect Score!

On topic:

I do wonder what will happen if the US Marines do go in to pull US nationals out? The Iwo Jima MSU is in the N. Red Sea with components of the 24th MEU. If this stays hot I expect them to make a stage left entrance very soon. Here is a really good brief on the scenario: Stratfor

As far as US troops helping the IDF...lest just say fan and crap would have to make one heck of a reunion before we would see that happen.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Imperium Americana]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana

ROLF

Oh my that is the most magnificent troll. EVER! One WATS for you LOL

I do not think you meant it that way, but if you did. It would have 10 out of 10 stars. Perfect Score!

*wink* Sorry but I could not resist it!

On topic:

I do wonder what will happen if the US Marines do go in to pull US nationals out? The Iwo Jima MSU is in the N. Red Sea with components of the 24th MEU. If this stays hot I expect them to make a stage left entrance very soon. Here is a really good brief on the scenario: Stratfor

As far as US troops helping the IDF...lest just say fan and crap would have to make one heck of a reunion before we would see that happen.

FYI Your link takes you to a login for subscribers page.

I don't know, from what I've heard you can't even get through to their telephones there,the cell towers must have been taken out, but I would imagine that a lot of people will probably escape out through Syria or maybe just head north where its not going to be as bad up into the mountains. I don't forsee us having to evacuate people like that. The Americans and foreigners are their bread and butter right now. Its been years since American-Lebs have actually been able to go visit thier relatives in relative safety of peacetime and without US State department sanctions.Lots of people that I know will have lost their vacation time to cancelled plans. Its the Israelis that they are not too fond of as they don't spend any money there. LOL
I don't want to be a naysayer but If that scenario occurs I would probably say you would see a carbon copy of Iraq begin to unfold. Civil war and guest appearances for Alqueda. I really believe that these Hezbollah guys are truly acting on their own in this or on behalf of the palestinians and not syria or Iran.

Pie

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I searched Google News for: "US Marines Red sea"
Here is the google news search result:
news.google.com...

I would post the whole article but the MODs would get mad.

BTW I can not see your Avatar. It just says Image.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Imperium Americana]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
I would post the whole article but the MODs would get mad.

BTW I can not see your Avatar. It just says Image.

Thanks for the link IA. Its possible, but hopefully won't be necessary. Dunno if you know any lebs or not but we are not typical dark skin arabs like some ME countries. If you saw me you might think I was Italian or Greek. Probably when the romans steamed through while pillaging and raping they must have mixed in some of their Genes with ours LOL I got cousins with Red hair and freckles, Blond hair green eyes. As long as they don't flash their passports around they should be safe if they blend in. A typical american might not be so conspicuous there unless they really wanted to make themselves known. I think they will be ok for now.

Pie

My server is down ..all my images were on it. My minkey avatar is gone for a bit

[edit on 15-7-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We won the war in 73'

we gained ground and we wiped out their airforce.

SO it's you who is beliving the rhetoric that israel is undefeatable.

don't worry, america won't go in, because they can't.

If they even try, Iran will wipe out every last soldier that are sitting ducks in iraq right now. you better belive it.

and for that reason, "israel" can't afford a long war, we will see an end to this soon , with a "ceasefire" declared, and there will be a prisoner exchange, or they will forget about the soldiers they pretended the so desperatly wanted to free.

but don't, we'll take good care of them.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So basically, the previous post was made to let us all know that in case the world was upset about the end of World Cup Soccer, we still have war to keep us all enraged and filled with hate.

No worries, the animal spirit within mankind is alive and well in the Middle East. Anyone wishing to die in a gorey mess of exploding human body parts and ruined cities, book your travel now.

Great. Just great.

Just one more question, if the tensions between the people there in that part of the world have been so deep seated and hateful for this long, why haven't they been putting their money into space colonization instead of an arms race.

I know I'd rather live on a self-sustaining colony on Mars than to pass the legacy of blind rage to my children and their children too.

Live bravely. Provide hope. Promote Life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join