It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhattan blast: Kissinger assassination attempt? Interesting rumor.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
A friend told me he found a Russian newspaper report that the brownstone blown up a couple days ago in Manhattan was actually a car bomb attempt on Henry Kissinger's life.

I was able to get no more info (the source loves to be cryptic).

The whole "attempted suicide" story sounded pretty tidy... maybe too tidy?

Is there any credibility in that purported story?

Sometimes I find foreign-based media gets the story right.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Can u get any info on where kissinger was at the time of the blast?

All i can find on this is a suicide attempt by the owner of the building. Something to do with him not wanting his soon to be ex-wife getting anything from the sale of the building. Which doesnt make much sense when she'll be getting all the insurance money for the building because he would be dead.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I had heard the guy that commited suicide had tried several other times to kill himself, so I don't think this is true.

Pie

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think there may be too much reliance on the MSM among some folks.

I found this story, even though the original link to the Russian paper had been (quickly) removed by Google:

------------

Henry Kissinger Targeted In New York Bombing-
Posted by: Stürmbahnführer on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 04:04 PM

NWO/Conspiracy Scene As Russian Naval Commander Survives Assassination Attempt

By: Sorcha Faal

Russian Intelligence Analysts are reporting this morning that the American former Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger, survived an assassination attempt in New York City yesterday when the building where his personal physician, Dr. Nicholas Bartha, was entirely destroyed by a massive car bomb, but which US Military authorities are attributing to a strange suicide attempt by Dr. Kissinger’s doctor himself.

These reports state that Dr. Kissinger was delayed in making his appointment due to an unscheduled interview he held with an unnamed ‘prominent’ American reporter who was also a witness to the bombing of this building.

This attempt on the life of Dr. Kissinger came just hours after a similar assassination attempt upon Russias Naval Commander-in-Chief Vladimir Masorin...

Full story here:
www.remoteviewer.nu...

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Larry King was in the vicinity of the explosion and discussed the blast with reporters.

That said, the explosion was not a car bomb. Nobody witinessed that and there wasn't any car in the wreckage.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
We'll see.

The alternative media are starting to sniff around this story. Even the mainstream is wondering why the Dr. had $1700 cash on him -- and how that figures in to a suicide attempt.

Is this guy the type who could rig up a gas leak?

Is this another example of the"authorities" having the answer -- against all probablility -- only hours after an event?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have just short of 2 grand in my pocket at the moment. does that mean I'm involved with something sinister?

people who attempt suicide are not exactly stable. their actions are not the norm.

Take a look at the facts of this story. The man received an eviction notice ordering him out of the building (by October I think) so that it could be sold, at auction, to raise the money his wife was getting in the settlement. Do you think all of this was set up too? Do you think it was merely a coincidence that some sinister forces exploited? The explosion destroyed the building and nothing else. Did Kissinger have an appointment with the doctor that day?

This is such utter nonsense.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Rig up a gas leak? He keeps oxygen in his office among other things. How hard would it be.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
~~

the doctor, getting shafted from many different angles all at once,

could very well have connections to unsavory characters,
and might well...in fatal desperation...agreed to hold a RDX
device (car bomb/or a Mumbai type train bomb)

and to turn on a gas leak, to insure that the building & everyone
in it...including Kissinger, got 'atomized'.

It would be best if we (the bourgeois) were told this was only a
crime of suicide...as the PTB have splendidly done

[edit on 14-7-2006 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The gas pipes on the structure had been fitted with a valve that released gas. Unless the FDNY on the scene units were involved in the kissinger assasination attempt, seems to put the kibosh on that.

ALso, the owner was the only person present, he had apparently bid his time to have it occur when it was just him in there, why would that occur if the house had nothing to do with it?
Also, there was a pedestrian that was killed, he wasn't kissinger. Kissinger might be have a wily and nimble mind, but I don't think he has a wily and nimble body that could avoid the blast.

Than again.....maybe he does!

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
she didn't die, she was badly cut up. unless there was another pedestrian that I am unaware of (possible).

either way, this was not an attempt to kill kissinger. my wife is friends with an attorney who works at the firm that represented the guy in his divorce (and received the email prior to the blast). the man was bonkers.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ah, I thought that the passerby had died. That seems to speak against the building being demolished by a car bomb, but a person walking in between the building and bomb surviving.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Pretty hilarious.

I get the feeling some here just don't believe anything they don't read in the mainstream media -- that nobody actually "takes out" political figures by rigging plausible ways for them to die.

Sorry, the official story is not that much stronger than the KGB theory. If the KGB guy is wrong on the 'car bomb' vs. 'gas leak' part of the story, does that necessarily mean the assassination attempt is also wrong? I don't think so. I'd wait for independent corroboration that the Dr. was/is Kissinger's physician.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
nobody said he was kissinger's physician. that was pure speculation. the story is just that.

I walked by the hole today. pretty crazy scene. oddly enough, there is no damage to the sidewalk which one would expect if a car blew up on the sidewalk. if it was a car bomb, they would have had to drive the car up the steps and into the center of the building for the collapse and damage to have worked this cleanly. also, the windows and the brick on the sides of the neighboring buildings seemed to have suffered more damage and charring internally rather than near the sidewalk.

no car bomb.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hey, Mr Peel, nice theory! I just love this kind of speculation and conspiracy.
And, sure the "car bomb" coulda been a "gas leak'.

One thing for sure, if your story turns out to be true, well folks, you heard it first on ATS

For all you skeptics, I'm moving this to Skunk Works, where speculative theories rule!!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
dr. doom, as the NYC papers were calling him, has died.

just thought the story could use that update.

no word yet on whether he was killed by kgb agents or if his body was taken by the MIB.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I cannot find a single link between the late Dr. and Kissinger.

Interestingly, a Google search result came up, but the actual site as well as the cached version had already been altered from what the result "abstract" said.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd find this very mysterious.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
One more data point -- not specific to this theory, but interesting:

-----------------
The 19th-century town house on 62nd Street between Park and Madison avenues — just a few blocks from Central Park — once served as a secret meeting place for a group of prominent New Yorkers who informally gathered intelligence for President Franklin D. Roosevelt before and during World War II.
-----------------

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_Peel
I cannot find a single link between the late Dr. and Kissinger.

Interestingly, a Google search result came up, but the actual site as well as the cached version had already been altered from what the result "abstract" said.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd find this very mysterious.

And what did that abstract say more or less?

new topics

top topics

join