It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask for pylon question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
How many pylons are there fitted on Mirage Ⅳ exactly? Please give link or unload pix to prove your stand.
I have do search by search engine of ATS with 6 month but have not found any thread talk about Mirage bomber and its pylon, so I have to post this thread. I will discuss other content about pylon follow this thread. Now I'm waiting for experts here.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

The Mirage IV is similar to Mirage fighters, with tailless delta wing and a single square-topped vertical fin. It has two SNECMA Atar turbojets in the rear fuselage, with air intakes on both sides of the fuselage, very similar to the Mirage III's souris ("mice"). It can reach high supersonic speeds: the aircraft is redlined at Mach 2.2 at altitude because of airframe temperature restrictions, although it is capable of higher speeds. Although the aircraft has 14,000 liters of internal fuel, its engines are quite thirsty, especially in afterburner.

The crew of two (pilot and navigator) are seated in tandem cockpits under separate canopies. A bombing/navigation radar is located under a radome in the fuselage under the intakes, aft of the cockpit. An refueling boom is built into the nose, an important part of Mirage IV operations.

The Mirage IV has two pylons under each wing, the inboard pylons being normally used for large drop tanks of 2,500 liter (660 gallon) capacity. The outer pylons carry ECM and chaff/flare dispenser pods to supplement the internal jamming and countermeasures systems: on current aircraft, typically a Barax NG jammer pod under the port wing and a Boz expendables dispenser under the starboard wing. No cannon armament was fitted. The early Mirage IVA had a fuselage recess under the engines for a single AN-11 or AN-22 nuclear weapon of 60-kiloton yield.

en.wikipedia.org...

hope that helps

Mod Edit: No Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Who can show me a Mirage IV full load?
Are there any pylons under Mirage IV airintake as Mirage 2000?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Who can show me how many pylons that Mystere has?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Sorry that I want to say above is Super Mystery.

new topics

top topics

join