It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are cops cracking down harder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Maybe it's just Virginia, but has anyone noticed more cops waiting to nail you with a speeding ticket or whatever? I got my first speeding ticket the other night, and a girl that works next to me got one on the same day. This guy, I guess, wasn't even considering a warning, it's like his goal was to give the next person caught speeding a ticket. I've never had a speeding ticket in my life, and I let him know it. The girl who works with me said about the same thing, it's like there was no kind warning, pretty much a ticket was the result.

I don't know if it was just a cooincidence and I finally got caught. But the story seems to be that there are more cops hanging around. This was 2 days after the fourth of July. Just want some feedback.

Troy

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. You got caught speeding, got pulled over and fined for it, and then its the cops fault for not letting you go without a warining? LMAO!

Man the cops here wont even think about giving you a warning. They dont even wanna hear it. Its a ticket and they send you on your way.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, it's not allways the norm here. Warnings have happened frequently here.

Again, I just wondered if anyone is experiencing more of a police presence in their area of the world?

Troy

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Well, it's not allways the norm here. Warnings have happened frequently here.

Again, I just wondered if anyone is experiencing more of a police presence in their area of the world?

Troy

Absolutely, CyberTroy. It also seems like they are "pushing" the envelope as much as they can regarding your rights. Granted, you do something wrong, you should face the consequences, yet there used to be a certain leeway given for certain minor crimes. Now, it seems that the majority of police officers concentrate on enforcing minor laws to the fullest extent.

I believe that the more "crime" an area has, the more federal grant money gets allocated to said area. Can someone clarify that for me?

top topics

join