It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp Hero and the GATR

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hey guys, new member here, but have been lurking for several years. I recently noticed that Google has a newer satellite image of the GATR site at Montauk than Bing has, and it shows that the GATR installation facilities have been completely remodeled. The surrounding junk has been hauled off, and the control building now has large solar panels on the roof. If this has already been posted, then I apologize, but I searched and could find no new posts mentioning it...

Also, OT, I was going to post a new topic on this, but since I am a new member(and have no intention of superfluously generating 20 posts), I cannot post a new topic, which is unfortunate.

I am an EE, and am a huge conspiracy fan, as a skeptic. Even though I am a skeptic, I will not discount any theory until I see proof that it is false(or is obviously ridiculous). That being said, I have spent about two hours per day, for the last four years, researching my favorite theory, Camp Hero/Montauk, and have actually assembled full 3D renderings of most of the significant structures on the base, including the AN/FPS-35 radar tower, the cannon bunkers, lighthouse, auxiliary radar towers, firehouse, gymnasium, etc. These renderings not only include the layout of the various facilities geographically, but also specific details of the layouts and configurations of the interiors of these structures, including the AN/FPS-35 control tower with all of it's internal equipment, and the tunnels underground.

I will not be releasing the data I have refined, as it represents a large portion of my time for the last four-plus years, for two reasons:

One, and most importantly, is the fact that all of the information that I have collected can be obtained by anyone else the same way that I came across it. All info that I used to compile my renderings of the Camp Hero base is available on the internet, through actual exploration, or through local municipality, county, and/'or state records that can be obtained upon request. If any of the information that I have was determined to be proprietary(IE; no one else could find it as it came from a private or privileged source), I would have posted it to "share the wealth", so to speak. That latter point is moot though, because even if I had "inside knowledge that I wouldn't verify", it would soon be quickly dismissed by the general population here, as it rightly should be.

Two, well, like I said before, it took me four years, and I mayyyyyyybeeeee eventually thinking of a FPS or adventure game based upon my studies....

While I am not going to share the full wealth of the work I have done over the last several years, I don't mind answering some general questions that I know the answer to, that have never been answered before.

Since I am already OT, due to the necessity of the 20 post limit causing me not to be able to make a new thread, I will appeal to those above to let me start a Q and A thread about Camp Hero, and/or the GATR system so that I can answer questions in a new thread, as I have(again) no intention of posting 20 times before I can start..

I guess, someone else could start a thread for me, and then let me know here if I happen to check back.

Example question that I can answer:

Q: Is the AN/FPS-35 radar still in covert operation?

A: NO WAY! If one looks closely at any newer photos of the dish, they will see that several sections of the reflector(the dish part) are missing, which would cause massive distortion in the signal received by the feedhorn. Even if this weren't the case, the feedhorn, itself, has no radio transmission passage to the interior of the building for communication, as several parts of the waveguide(the white square pipe you see in parts of the radar arm) are missing. In addition, the radar dish cannot purposely rotate since it has no azimuth or elevation motors(and I am pretty sure has been locked), so any communication that it could possibly be doing would be in one dedicated direction. It is possible that the FOF(Friend or Foe) antenna on the center-top of the dish could still work, but it would have to be connected with a cable, which I have seen no evidence of...

I only visit here every few days, so if you reply, please be patient with me if I don't respond immediately, although I will be watching for the next hour or so....

PS: Although I am a skeptic, I have uncovered a few facts that fall curiously on the conspiracy side of the equation....
edit on 9-3-2013 by Hero146 because: To add PS...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Oh! Also forgot to mention, that, not only has the Montauk GATR station been remodeled, but they also built new guard houses at the entrance and exit....

And also, the "ranch house"... is actually a ranch house. They raise horses...

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: William One Sac

Has anyone ever found confirmation of the supposed tunnels under Camp Hero?

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExoticShrubs
a reply to: William One Sac

Has anyone ever found confirmation of the supposed tunnels under Camp Hero?

Short answer: no.

Long answer:

I went through a period of time when I read everything I could get my hands on about this. My interest came originally from a friend of a friend who literally grew up at the edge of the base and could verify a very small number of the stories told in the Montauk books. Among other stories never published but which I’ve shared here on ATS many many years ago. It came up when Teresa Musselwhite discussed happenings in Ellijay, GA, that matched what the gentleman from Montauk told me.

I can say I’ve read everything and watched every video on this topic as of about 2003. All of the books, Preston Nichols’s videos, Nexus and Fate articles, online blogs, etc . I’ve considered the entire totality of the situation. In the past 20 years or so I haven’t found much in the way of new info beyond speculation here on ATS. And I walk away with this:

The one and only thing that hasn’t been explained is why there are indeed power transmission lines with multi-megawatt capacity running into the NY state parks maintenance garage.

That’s it. Nothing else I’ve uncovered brings a single element of the chance there’s any underground facilities, now or in the past.

Note: when I say “underground” facilities, I don’t count the ammunition storage and transport areas or the necessary infrastructure for coastal defense. That’s all normal for a post situated as Montauk is. What I’m talking about with the nearly-nonexistent probability is the alleged giant multi-level underground structure, labs, etc. that Preston Nichols and others claim.

I’ve addressed your query; let’s go a bit farther.

I’m much older and wiser now than I was when I first ran into the person who lived near the base, which was circa 1996. I’ve been an amateur radio operator for over 40 years and I’m a generally open-minded electronics nerd, so I understand most of the concepts mentioned in the books.

What do I think happened at Montauk? I truly don’t know. At the very least the SAGE radar system was in operation and considered relatively effective at the time.

It’s not out of the realm of possibility that people simply didn’t take sufficient safety precautions playing with high-powered radar back then and it did indeed affect the brains of some sensitive persons and animals. Not deliberately and not as part of any time travel or interdimensional experiments. No different than an accidental exposure today, except we know a lot more now about safety.

Firsthand, I only have two stories with the exception of what the person who lived there told me.

I had a relative who has long passed away who probably worked at the base during the time of the alleged experiments. Based on what my mother remembered, it had to be either there or Brookhaven. When my mom asked about what he did there, his initial response was that he didn’t want to discuss it. My mother asked again years later and he said that what he did bothered him and he didn’t want to discuss it. I never met him and my mother doesn’t know anything more. His wife told my mom that he wouldn’t discuss it with her either.

The second one is a long story. But it’s so strange that it’s the largest “smoking gun” that I personally have about the entire Montauk situation actually being something unusual. I’ve inadvertently saved the best for last, you might say. I often talked to a gentleman who had been active duty and then a civilian radar contractor. Interestingly he always talked about how he worked a lot in Thule, Greenland, which is mentioned in the Montauk books. He mentioned “other” radar sites in the northeast US. On two separate occasions, I mentioned Montauk by name and he immediately retreated from the conversation and had a very strange reaction. He didn’t say anything related to the base and I only attempted twice.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: therainmaker

Interesting comments.

Telecomm and radar infrastructure can be massive and often not be obvious as to its specific use.

I used to pass a huge set of antennas in the south of Germany. They were on a high tower and literally pointed straight up. Driving by that area used induce an odd reaction in my head, as if someone were gently stroking my scalp.

With my curiosity up, I parked nearby one day and went to take a closer look. The facility was fenced off, and what made me suspicious is that there were no signs indicating who was the owner / operator. That was odd for Germany, at least in my experience.

Later read something claiming it was part of the air traffic control infrastructure for a nearby airport. Now, I know nothing about that kind of infrastructure, but the orientation of the antennas still seemed off to me; I would have thought they would point more along the horizon rather than into the heavens.

Still unsure of what that facility was, and don't understand why it wasn't marked as belonging to the nearby airport.

Cheers
edit on 16-10-2023 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I know I'm a few years late to the topic, but does anyone know what the cages under Camp Hero were used for? Do any photos exist of the Montauk base in operation?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join