It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp Hero and the GATR

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk

as for the "ranch" i too have seen the symbol above the gate before but for the life of me i cant remember where !!.

Byrd assures me it is not a cartouche, but I am not convinced yet.

i have some new info on the dish as promised, i will be in touch soon.

What new info?

too be honest though looking at the sat pics it looks like a normal house or even a normal ranch, there seems to be corals(sp?) for horses and other animals. plus it is very close to lots of expensive homes.

i have noticed that a lot of the camp buildings have been upgraded and restored and that there seems to be vehicles there 24/7 esp at the so called guardhouse.

When the base was first designed, the buildings and facilities were either camoflauged or made to look like small building that were part of a fishing village from the air. Can you tell me where you have seen the restored buildings with the vehicles around them?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was out in Montauk yesterday and tried to find a service road leading to the GATR antenna, but could not find anything. While searching I felt an incredibly eerie feeling.. maybe it's just the hype about the sinister activity taking place somewhere in Montauk. Something must be going on if private property is surrounding the place COMPLETELY. I wonder if it could have been made that way on purpose and it would not be surprising to me at all. Anyway, I did get to snap a few photos from a far distance. I did not feel like hanging around for too long. Here they are:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hahaha I love it - a flagpole and what is probably a hot tub become an super secret antenna and satellite dish

I noticed using Microsoft Live Search, there is another tower/antenna very similar to the north of the pictured one:

[edit on 27-8-2007 by FosterVS]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm not so sure I see any connection to Camp Hero with this GATR, wouldn't it most likely have some connection to the local Montauk Airport? The airport is much closer to it than Camp Hero.

OR is this GATR definitely military and nothing else? Montauk has once again left me with more questions than answers as it always has.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
has anyone seen the logo in this post ?? :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

it is the same image as on the ranch gate.

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWash

Anyone else notice the strange antenna?(circled in red on left)

Looking forward to the intel on the strange circular dish object as well.

The "Antenna" could be a birdhouse on top of a pole...the circular dish looks like a deck that has been built for entertaining, elevated to look out over the terrain.

This is someone's house...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

has anyone seen the logo in this post ?? :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

it is the same image as on the ranch gate.

snoopyuk

I saw a circle with a Native American head in it, but not the symbol I took a picture of. Can you post the url of the picture?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

Indian Head

Here you go William.
By the way William, I want to thank you for your posts here on the Camp Hero facility. They caught my interest a few years ago and are partly what got me hooked on coming to this site.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
The more I look at that picture, the more I'm thinking waveguide.

just started reading this thread. i'll catch up; however, at first glance i thought of solar panels.

i like this thread and will learn much.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Wow! My newfound interest in Camp Hero is actually exactly what lead me to this site! I accidently came across a website that had some information, so I stalked it all across the WWW. I AM going there this summer. My boyfriend's family lives in Shirley, and we spend the majority of the summer there and bored out of our skulls. Oddly enough, I had never heard of this place until yesterday. I have lived in NYS my entire life..... Hmmmm.....something is being hidden.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hey, I found this on another site..look at the tower on the bootom. ITs exactly like the tower with the waveguide.

www.pinetreeline.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
And if you go to the Pinetree link above and go into it a bit = you will find this page with an image showing radar stations programmed or planned and there is a nice little circle right over the Eastern End of Long Island - right where this would be....

radar stations programmed or planned

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

Do we have an address for the gated property? I also find this very strange. This was one thing I really wanted to check out when I was there and forgot by being sidetracked.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
Perhaps they wanted to enchant the base with the ability to deliver accurate artillery fire.

Best. Line. Ever.

Seriously.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I am back out here for a day. I had a job interview today. Tomorrow late afternoon or early evening I have to head back. So I wish I knew where the gate and property where. If someone could answer this please u2u me. Thanks.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nolongerindenial

Go back to Page 4, I listed the address and aerial photos. Scroll down to my post by "Satcom"

Happy hunting!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,
Although I an late to this thread I felt I had to help with some information I have found. I have been interested in Camp Hero since the first time I saw the dish in 86 on my first trip to Montauk. I started researching it in 02 while I was working nights and had endless hours to google things. I read the Montauk project, but I feel that this story is about 80% fiction and 20% facts (if that).

Now on to the point of this thread and my post. The GATR was something I was unaware of, till i found this thread. But in reading this thread and the attached links I have found some interesting information.

Click Here

The above site is dedicated to some local folks trying to preserve the history of camp hero and the dish.

If you read the site, he makes several trips to camp hero. One of them he goes to the GATR. His explanation is that the GATR isloacted at the end of a private road. The GATR buildings are used as storage by the parks dept.

My take on this is, back when camp hero was active, The ranch wasnt even built yet. you can see that HERE if you pick the arial map from 1960. The GATR structures are there but no Ranch. Since the property around the GATR was most likely sold to developers, someone built the ranch and most likely had to agree that there driveway could be used for any official access to the GATR. Also, that is a flagpole at the ranch and a deck with a table on it. No to hard to see.

Also, you google earth folks, try maps.msn.com. This also has a satilite view and its at a much better angle for LI then goggle earth which always seems to be directly over head (90 degrees).

Willi, Do I hear correctly that the base is open to the public if you hvae a permit? The last trip I made there was in 02, but then it was still patrolled by what seemed like private security. At least the areas with the buildings. I was able to hike in from the lighthouse side and made it to the big circle by the beach. This area was open to the public. But the part with the bunkers and the dish was fenced off tight and I didnt feel like getting arrested for tresspassing. In fact when I was hiking through there, several kids were running out and jumping back over the fence to get away from the security as they were apperantly exploring and were found out.

Edit- I also read (on the link above I believe it was), that the way the SAGE radar worked was after it detected an object out at sea, that it could in fact control the responding aircraft to "bring them' to the object. I figure this is something like an auto pilot that keeps the planes on the correct heading. It would take tehm off and land them but guide them afteer they were already up. I found that pretty interesting. There are also some good pictue

[edit on 4-9-2009 by AWDuncan]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Heliax cable can be monstrously thick. Designed for very low loss, it uses a helical core and outter conductor that are wound in a helical structure. This allows it to be bent, though you have quite a bit of limitation on how tight a corner you can make. Some of the 600 Mhz stuff I worked with was as thick as my wrist.

Here is a run of Heliax at the base of a transmitter tower (NOT at Montauk ):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb7929979dd7.jpg[/atsimg]

Now... about that "antenna". A Log Periodic, and a Yagi antenna, (and others) use a driven element, a reflective element, and one or more director elements to shape and steer the beam. Typically, one end of each element is electrically isolated from the other end, though I guess you could have a solid element configuration if you designed it right. Those cross members appear to be solid in the photos.

A Yagi is an end fire antenna. That means that the beam is directed along the length of the beam. If this thing is a yagi antenna, the beam is either pointed straight up.. or straight down. Probably straight down since you never see multiple reflectors on a yagi... but you do see multiple directors.

So.. now the question is "why"?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0806ccdee110.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c58043adf90a.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

[edit on 5-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The “square” antenna looks like an H-frame for electric transformers.
A little different from the ones I’m familiar with on the West Coast.
There was probably a bank (3) of three transformers on top.

Note three conductors in - horizontally - and three conductors out.
The transformers would have been tapped into the line with clamp-like devices and the line went on to serve other area’s.

Gauging from the insulator size shown in some of the first photos it appears that the incoming lines were no more than 16kv.
One kv = 1000 volts.

Common transformation would have had the low voltage side of the transformers at the 4kv or 4.8kv level.

What makes the vertical cable look so big is the insulation can be a bit thick depending on the 4 kv conductor size.
Conductor size is dependent on load expected.

It is possible the cable has three small diameter 4kv conductors within, each insulated from the other so 3-phase power can be attained.

I note as well that some antenna’s are supplied/connected with very large diameter cables that are constructed in such a way as to minimize losses as well as outside electrical interferences.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Isn’t Camp Hero the place where some of the big guns from mortally damaged battleships and the like which were damaged or destroyed at Pearl Harbor were dumped?
Although the USS Philadelphia is/was a cruiser and not at Pearl during the attack.

The object labeled Philadelphia appears to be - if of metal construction - a turret for the guns.

Thinking at the time was that the guns could be salvaged and used on another ship to be built.

There was a Cruiser named Philadelphia - in fact there were six US ships named Philadelphia ranging from sail to nuclear.
The last one being an attack Nuclear Sub that’s still operating.

I can find no evidence of the Philadelphia being at Pearl or having a major gun refit.

Philadelphia was eventually sold to Brazil and was scrapped - I believe in Brazil - some years later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fort Washington in the Washington D.C. area is the site for many of the big gun barrels from WW2 ships as well as some AA stuff and some turrets.
Taken from damaged ships at Pearl Harbor.

Thinking on these guns was that they may have been scheduled to used for coastal artillery.

The very early days after the Pearl Harbor attack found squads of soldiers guarding high voltage power plants and generating stations, machine gun nest’s being built on either side of the river at Hoover Dam.
One especially easy to see nowadays.
It’s just up the hill from the east side view site and convenience store area.

A small square building constructed of locally available rock.
I understand the Army had people there for quite a while.
In contrast the troops stationed at west coast power stations were there about two months on average.

So, if the H-frame structure was indeed for a transformer bank and a supply point for some fairly large equipment . . . even operating at 4kv, the structure fed from these transformers would have been using a considerable amount of power.

[edit on 5/9/2009 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hi A.T.S. this is my first time on and was wondering about a couple things about camp hero. First of all ive been very interested in this place for a long time and im in the process of planning a trip down to camp hero with 2 other people to do some "research". I was wondering about the building that looks like a barracks of some sort, with the tunnel coming out the back of it. Has anyone tried to get in the building or tunnel itself? From the photos it doesnt appear to difficult lol. I also would like to know why if there was a big enough hole to stick your camera through why not attemp to slip in by accident? If i see something like a big hole in a wall i might have to go in and worry about the consequence if any later , u could say u thought u heard a scream from inside and didnt have time to go for help,you thought someone was in danger lol. well anyways anybody have any tips to get in, perticular things to look for. or any thing anybody would like me to get pictures of? I am going to try my hardest to get pictures from inside and will ask permission to post them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join