It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp Hero and the GATR

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Excellent report! I can't believe I missed it. I will admit that it is a huge 'cable' running up the middle of what appears to be some type of main tower. I can't help but wonder if something is missing. If you look at the top most platform, there appears to be a hole in the middle designed to allow something to pass through.

This 'something' may have connected to the cable. Although it is very off that there is no way to get to the GATR without using a private road.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I agree, it definitely does look as though something is missing from the top of the antenna. It is fishy though, that the only road leading to the place is private. That is why I mused about the helicopters landing there. I have seen military helicopters out there.

It may be possible to reach the area legally by walking through the state park that lies to the east. But there is no way to test that theory until the winter, when you dont have to worry about quicksand and ticks. And there is no way of knowing if you can reach it, you have to get there and just try I suppose.

I have been looking for another example of the square antenna, but thus far I have had zero luck. I took a long shot and tried to see if it matched the delta t antenna or the e field doorway that there are pictures of on Al Bieleks website, but they arent close really.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Here is the picture of the e-field doorway. Unfortunately the square antenna is not a match, as there is only one of them!

Maybe I should try and get Bielek here as a guest speaker?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I don't check this area much, but woha.
Never had seen anything like that, but that one bunker somehow looked familler... may have seen something like that in another image or on the history channel.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Have you checked the Use Zoning Map for East Hampton. I checked the town's website, but they don't have the zoning map online. The website states that you can view it at the Town Clerk's Office. I would imagine this would provide you with what kind of properties surround the GATR facility. Is it really all residential? Maybe there is a 'sliver' of land that is commercial or maybe even public that you could use to get to the GATR...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
lol, I can just imagine WOS edging sideways through the middle of a field, squinting at a gps screen while snatching at a runaway map . . .

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That would be interesting to get a look at, in any event. That road that leads to the array actually looked like the entrance to a ranch. If it turned out that that was actually public or government property, I'd say we were really on to something interesting.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Amazing pictures and I love them, the radar reminds me one of the smallest in Arecibo PR. . .

Now do you have look into the owners of the private property?

Because the winds on the C in the picture looks like the American eagle winds.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This link will take you too some satellite pictures of Camp Hero that I posted on another thread about Camp Hero.

Got the pictures from Google Earth. The pictures show the radar station and surrounding buildings and the other shows where the guns turrets/bunkers are.

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I know that this might be semi-unrelated, but I remember reading at one point that the big radar at Camp Hero was capable of controlling airplanes by remote means. Has anybody heard this one before?

If there is any shred of truth to this, I wonder if the planes on 9/11 could have been controlled by this system? Just a thought, sorry for getting off-topic.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hey William:
I am now researching Camp Hero with gusto.
I found some interesting photographs you may like:
Camp Hero - 1962

Source

Photograph of the Gun Emplacement! 1943-44

Photograph of the same Location, present day:

Interesting Graffitti:

In addition i have emailed Al Bielek, in an attempt to gain more information if any about Camp Hero.

Cheers.

Also on your website you wanted to know what this was:

Well according to This Site, it is:

"During its Coast Artillery period, Camp Hero had a total of four base end stations and a Harbor Entrance Observation Post (HEOP). Two of the base end stations occupied the bottom and lower observation rooms of the tower in front of the lighthouse. The HEOP was in the tower's upper observation room and a model SCR-582 surveillance radar was mounted on the tower's roof. At left, the Coast Artillery tower is the white structure to the right of the lighthouse. Battery Dunn's toppled manhole station is visible along the shoreline at the right side of the photo."

"The two remaining base end stations, one for each for Battery Dunn and Battery 112, were in separate manhole structures located near the bluff line along Camp Hero's southern shore. The B5 S5 station for Battery 112 was removed sometime after the War. Battery Dunn's B3 S3 station tumbled off the bluff line and is now resting on its roof along the shoreline not far from the lighthouse."

[edit on 7-4-2007 by WhiteWash]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
William,
Also who is your friend "MM" that went with you on your trips?
EDIT:
(Never mind, i found out it was Midnight Mutilator, who is now banned from here for reasons unknown to me)
found an archived/cached site called "HostileInvader". Seemed to claim he was a friend of yours.
at any rate it seemed you had some better photographs of the "orbs" inside the hole at Camp Hero. This one seems interesting, and i do not believe it is merely
"dust particles" but i could be wrong.

Did you have any other pics of this phenomenon?

thanks,
WW

Edit:
This is interesting also:
Source

" Notice:

Please be advised that access to the grounds and facilities of the former Montauk Air Force Station / Camp Hero is restricted.

Please do not trespass.

For authorized access to the grounds (including the AN/FPS-35 tower itself), first contact Mr. Tom Dess, Park Manager, Montauk Downs State Park, telephone # 631-668-3781.

Note that visitors will be required first to sign a safety waiver, and to also certify that their visit is only for historical-research or similar legitimate purposes. "

Odd how you have to Sign a safety waiver and all just to visit the tower and grounds.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
the winged globe(like the one over the private driveway 'gate') is an illuminati symbol used since the dawn of civilization. huge in egypt, and hence with masons.

read this if you're interested....sun god.

here's an interesting tie in of one myth to another. (not a myth in the sense of 'untrue', but in the sense of 'lore') ...from that site...

How rejoiced the poor groaning creation will be when Christ, the true "Sun of Righteousness," shall arise with healing in his wings. (Malachi 4:2) What a contrast to that cruel "sun" of unrighteous- ness, which arose with death in his wings. Malachi's allusion to the "wings" of the sun is evidently derived from the well-known symbol of the sun-god in Egypt and Assyria. Above the doors of the ancient temples and tombs in these countries, there is usually to be seen a representation of the sun-god, in the form of a round disc with wide-spread wings.

Along with the sun as the great fire-god, the serpent was connected. Owen says: "In the mythology of the primitive world, the serpent is universally the symbol of the sun". (Owen, apud Davies's Druids, in note, p. 437) In Egypt the commonest sign of the sun, or sun-god, is a disc with a serpent around it. (Bunsen, Hieroglyphics, Vol. 1, p. 497) The original reason for the connection of the serpent with the sun appears to have been that, as the physical world receives its light from the sun, so the serpent was held to have been the great enlightener of the spiritual world, by giving mankind the knowledge of good and evil. This, of course, like all idolatry, is an absolute perversion of the truth; but it serves to identify the sun-god with Satan. [4]

more serpent/winged globe lore(lots more)

edit to add, GATR....Gator, ...REPTILE.

i don't 'believe' in reptillians, but i don't disbelieve, either. no one talked about camel spiders until recently, and now it's a VERY popular topic.

the difference, being of course, that 'we'(north americans and brits and whatnot) were never in the habitat of these beasties in great numbers like you have during an invasion. so, the 'nagas' could be an actual race of serpents living under the earth, and it is possible that SOME people are in contact with these 'wise serpents'.

or, alternatively, perhaps it's all metaphor for ....something.

[edit on 7-4-2007 by billybob]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
I was able to find 2 pictures with a little more detail on that square antenna and crop them. I have no idea what the thing is...

Spiderj, I have no clue what could be going on there. Maybe that is the entrance to an underground city for all I know! In all seriousness though, you have a pretty large military facility guarded by a privately owned road. If I was a bit younger (I almost said alot
) I might have made a run for it up there.

The picture on that page:

members.tripod.com...

does look similar, but is missing the cross beams. On the Camp Hero ones they look like they might be for support, but the first and third ones definitley look like they serve some kind of purpose.

It could be that it is unique, but in a way that gives the people who buy into the conspiracy theories more fodder for the fire.

Muzz: I am glad I got you interested in the base. Camp Hero is what got me interested in alot of the subjects covered here on ATS.

William!
Check this out:

Source

This appears to be what used to be on top of that tower.
On that source page it says it to be:
"Directional antenna used as part of the Montauk system."

Interesting.

In addition someone on here wanted a picture of the strange object inside that says "Philadelphia" upon it. I believe this photo is from someone named dtk.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This large tower could be part of the supposed Time Portal inside connected to the Montauk chair. I also see that this tower could be part of a stargate, the only reason I say this is because of the 2 towers symbolism as well as the breaker bar being the middle of the H. H is a stargate symbol if you reserch william Henry, book Blue Apples, he goes into detail. The 2 towers stargate blueprint symbol is of course from the Sumerian clay seals, depicting the annunaki and the stargate of EA.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
This large tower could be part of the supposed Time Portal inside connected to the Montauk chair. I also see that this tower could be part of a stargate, the only reason I say this is because of the 2 towers symbolism as well as the breaker bar being the middle of the H. H is a stargate symbol if you reserch william Henry, book Blue Apples, he goes into detail. The 2 towers stargate blueprint symbol is of course from the Sumerian clay seals, depicting the annunaki and the stargate of EA.

Uh...in working radio and radar systems, there's not a lot of "symbolism" for its own sake. There's not, for example, some book of Sumerian clay seals that you have to work into your designs.

It's some sort of antenna mast, the cable coming up looks like a waveguide that fed it. The antenna structure has been removed.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWash
at any rate it seemed you had some better photographs of the "orbs" inside the hole at Camp Hero. This one seems interesting, and i do not believe it is merely
"dust particles" but i could be wrong.

When I took the photo's with the orbs in them, I said that they were most likely out of focus dust particles, because that is the most likely explanation for them. Although it is interesting that they only appeared in certain photographs. When we showed the pictures to Kent Steadman of www.cyberspaceorbit.com... he gave a rather startling explanation for what he felt the "Montauk Orbs" were. He said he felt that the orbs were actually Junior, the Montauk beast forming out of thin air.

As the story goes, the Montauk beast was created by psychic energy, so who is to say. Personally, I have never seen anything there that could be construed as a monster. However in the times I have been there by myself I was quite spooked!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
the winged globe(like the one over the private driveway 'gate') is an illuminati symbol used since the dawn of civilization.

Holy Crap!!!
Your telling me that the Camp Hero GATR is being hidden and guarded by members of the Illuminati?!

I guess it kind of makes sense in a way. You know, that makes me even more curious to go out there and see what is on the ground, but in another way it is like a warning to stay away. This I am going to have to think about. Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWash
" Notice:

Please be advised that access to the grounds and facilities of the former Montauk Air Force Station / Camp Hero is restricted.

Please do not trespass.

For authorized access to the grounds (including the AN/FPS-35 tower itself), first contact Mr. Tom Dess, Park Manager, Montauk Downs State Park, telephone # 631-668-3781.

Note that visitors will be required first to sign a safety waiver, and to also certify that their visit is only for historical-research or similar legitimate purposes. "

Odd how you have to Sign a safety waiver and all just to visit the tower and grounds.

I did obtain a historical research permit to get onto the base once. I think in 2003, before the base was opened to the public. However we were strictly forbidden to enter any structures for any reason. The general reason they give is that there may be unexploded ordinance lying about, and also the structures themseles are very old and in a general state of disrepair. I have also heard stories that the lower levels of the bunkers are flooded. I suppose this is possible. In the picture below, you can see a what looks to be a freight elevator whose door has been cemented shut! After doing some reading on the Montauk beast, I find that fact a little disturbing.

[edit on 4-7-2007 by William One Sac]

[edit on 4-7-2007 by William One Sac]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
I have also heard stories that the lower levels of the bunkers are flooded. I suppose this is possible.

In this thread:
My Trip to Montauk - by destillat

he shows an image:

"Flooded Elevator Shaft in the Radar Tower"

Which seems to indicate this is true.
I wonder at the fact that the lower levels are flooded. Did they purposely flood them so as to make it difficult for people to go down there?
It would be interesting to investigate another means to explore down there, even if someone had to get scuba gear to do it. lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join