It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still fighting in Afghanistan, never give up.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
video.google.com...

Army Special Forces members along with Afghan allies hunting down Taliban and Al Qaeda members. Kudos to the Army Special Forces.

video.google.com...

This footage shows Canadian forces in a firefight. Its very recent. Kudos to our allies.

O yeah I forgot there are underage people on this website. Warning to those that there is some profanity.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I work with some of these boys who were in afghanistan and they are a tough, well trained bunch.

bih

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
yeah but too bad they cant get rid of taliban after all these years
very tough I guess

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bih
yeah but too bad they cant get rid of taliban after all these years
very tough I guess

Yeah too bad they haven't gotten rid of coalition forces out of Afghanitan after all this years. Very tough I guess.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So where is Bin Laden? Why are the Taliban on the upswing over there? Why are there still attacks?

After five years, doesn't look like they're very close to completing their mission.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
So where is Bin Laden? Why are the Taliban on the upswing over there? Why are there still attacks?

After five years, doesn't look like they're very close to completing their mission.

Somewhere where we cannot get to him because he don't want to die too soon.
Blame it on Pakistan for not allowing Special Forces to go in there.

bih

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
with all these years of fighting the taliban sure can fight

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A freind of mine, Sgt. Joesph Fuerst was killed Saturday June 24th in Afghanistan. A RPG hit his humvee and he was attacked by the Taliban while wounded. He fought for 2 hours before a med evac got in. He bled to death less then 20 minutes later. R.I.P. Joe Fuerst, A great American hero!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bih

It's kind of funny you say that because the US and it's allies fight with one hand tied behind their backs. We follow the rules of war' were those animals don't. How long do you think the talibon would last if the US could fight on their own terms.
And you obviously have little sense to knock people who put their lives on the line.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve99

Originally posted by bih

It's kind of funny you say that because the US and it's allies fight with one hand tied behind their backs. We follow the rules of war' were those animals don't. How long do you think the talibon would last if the US could fight on their own terms.
And you obviously have little sense to knock people who put their lives on the line.

its even funnier to think that the US and its allies used to help train the taleban and
al Qaeda when they were fighting the russians how things change

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
A related article that might be of interested.

Taliban will be broken by year-end - Afghan minister
17 July 2006

SINGAPORE: Nato and Afghan forces will be able to break the back of Taliban resistance in southern Afghanistan before the end of this year, the country's defence minister said in an interview published on Monday.

General Rahim Abdul Rahim Wardak told the Financial Times in Kabul Afghan intelligence had learnt that the Taliban's command and control structure was fragmenting due to heavy losses and many mid-ranking commanders were fleeing to safety in Pakistan.

"I think that in the next two or three months there will be some major changes," Wardak said, predicting that by November Taliban militants would have lost steam.

"The way the Taliban are fighting, it looks like they are crazy. They are no match for these forces and usually that is why they suffer heavy casualties. They cannot continue like that."

Link

General Wardak is getting a bit carried away.
Hasnt it occured to him that the mid-ranking commanders will regroup and recurit new members before returning to Afghanistan to once again take up the fight against coalition troops and the Afgan government ?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
its even funnier to think that the US and its allies used to help train the taleban and

That is kind of pathetic isn' it hamBERGer. What is even more pathetic is you find amusment in american soldiers dying and getting wounded.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve99

That is kind of pathetic isn' it hamBERGer. What is even more pathetic is you find amusment in american soldiers dying and getting wounded.

who gets amusement from American soldiers dying (btw soldiers from other countries are dying to or dont you count them). What is amusing is how your government, my government and countless others had the talaban or mujahadeen (both the same thing) as allies in the cold war when they were fighting the Russians. The CIA helped start the religious schools which trained these fighters giving millions of dollars the brit government sent troops to help train the mujahadeen shoot down Russian helicopters. Did you know your great President Bush had Talaban leaders in the white house before 9/11 as he wanted to build a pipeline across Afghanistan to get the USA more gas.

I support our troops(brit troops) in Afghanistan so steve99cone stop making pathetic statements and make a proper point

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojoberg
Did you know your great President Bush had Talaban leaders in the white house before 9/11 as he wanted to build a pipeline across Afghanistan to get the USA more gas.

The Taliban in the White House before 9/11
, show me your source so I can review it myself.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think he means this

or this

or maybe this

They didnt actually visit the Whitehouse, just texas.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
I think he means this

or this

or maybe this

They didnt actually visit the Whitehouse, just texas.

So all this started back in 1997, and that later on that the threat of military action against the Taliban provoked the Al Qaida to strike first on 9/11, just two days after the assassination of Ahmed Shad Masood aka the Lion of Panjshir. Hmmmmm, 1997 is the year where not many Americans don't know about Bin Laden, and just one year before Osama attacked the embassies in 1998 in Africa. And that in 2001 that the Bush Administration would like to initiate an oil pipeline in return for recognition of the Taliban as well as government reforms and extraditing Osama Bin Laden.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Fett Pinkus, good links I was just about to put up a couple of my own.

Also, it has been long suspected that the CIA has been running the drug trade for some time now. If this is the case it would make sense why the US has another reason for attacking the Taliban. Poppy porduction was something that the Taliban had really tightened the noose on. here is a list of articles by the NYT that illustrates how the Taliban were actually on a crusade(more or less) to eradicate poppy.

Combine the Heroin production disruption and plans for a new oil pipeline that the Taliban were also against... and you have enough reason to invade. While these may be two very valid reasons(by the govts perspective) they are not easily consumable ideas to the US populace..let alone the world.

I'm am not saying that Either of these ARE the reasons for invasion... but Im not saying that they ARE NOT either. Im just adding perspective and alternative ideas.

As for the grunts on the field- I have had My grandfather(WWII and Korea) and my brother(Grenada, 82nd Airborne) both serve in actual combat.. Dont laugh at Grenada BTW. Anyway My thoughts and prayers always go out to those who are actually putting their lives on the line.... It is the people that put them there that get my goat. And dont say 911 put them there... because 15 or 17(cant remember which off the top) Saudis were among the hijackers. Why didnt we invade Saudi Arabia?.. rhetorical question do not answer(at least not in this thread).

ADDITION- Like I said I am not subscribing to this theory per say so dont jump down my throat--lol

[edit on 17-7-2006 by TONE23]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
Fett Pinkus, good links I was just about to put up a couple of my own.

Also, it has been long suspected that the CIA has been running the drug trade for some time now. If this is the case it would make sense why the US has another reason for attacking the Taliban. Poppy porduction was something that the Taliban had really tightened the noose on. here is a list of articles by the NYT that illustrates how the Taliban were actually on a crusade(more or less) to eradicate poppy.

Combine the Heroin production disruption and plans for a new oil pipeline that the Taliban were also against... and you have enough reason to invade. While these may be two very valid reasons(by the govts perspective) they are not easily consumable ideas to the US populace..let alone the world.

I'm am not saying that Either of these ARE the reasons for invasion... but Im not saying that they ARE NOT either. Im just adding perspective and alternative ideas.

Check out this article.

cannabisnews.com...

Enslave your girls and women, harbor anti-U.S. terrorists and destroy every vestige of civilization in your homeland, and the Bush administration will embrace you. All that matters is that you line up as an ally in the drug war, the only international cause that this nation still takes seriously.
That’s the message sent with the recent gift of $43 million to the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan, the most virulent anti-American violators of human rights in the world today.

The gift, announced two weeks ago by Secretary of State Colin Powell, in addition to other recent aid, makes the United States the main sponsor of the Taliban and rewards that "rogue regime" for declaring that opium growing is against the will of God. So, too, by the Taliban’s estimation, are most human activities, but it’s the ban on drugs that catches this administration’s attention.

Never mind that Osama bin Laden still operates the leading anti-American terror operation from his base in Afghanistan, from which, among other crimes, he launched two bloody attacks on American embassies in Africa in 1998.

Sadly, the Bush administration is cozying up to the Taliban regime at a time when the United Nations, at U.S. insistence, imposes sanctions on Afghanistan because the Kabul government will not turn over bin Laden.

The war on drugs has become our own fanatics’ obsession and easily trumps all other concerns. How else could we come to reward the Taliban, who have subjected the female half of the Afghan population to a continual reign of terror in a country once considered enlightened in its treatment of women?

For that reason, the opium ban will not last unless the United States is willing to pour far larger amounts of money into underwriting the Afghan economy.

As the Drug Enforcement Administration’s Steven Casteel admitted, "The bad side of the ban is that it’s bringing their country - or certain regions of their country - to economic ruin." Nor did he hold out much hope for Afghan farmers growing other crops such as wheat, which require a vast infrastructure to supply water and fertilizer that no longer exists in that devastated country. There’s little doubt that the Taliban will turn once again to the easily taxed cash crop of opium in order to stay in power.

The Taliban might suddenly be the dream regime of our own drug-war zealots, but in the end this alliance will prove a costly failure.

Our long, sad history of signing up dictators in the war on drugs demonstrates the futility of building a foreign policy on a domestic obsession.

So weird how these articles counter others' perpectives. Like this article mentions the Bush admin awarding the Taliban with millions of dollars to curb drugs, and you mentioned that America went to war against the Taliban because they were destroying America's need for drugs.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

original quote by:deltaboy
So weird how these articles counter others' perpectives. Like this article mentions the Bush admin awarding the Taliban with millions of dollars to curb drugs, and you mentioned that American went to war against the Taliban because they were destroying America's need for drugs.

While I am fairly convinced of the CIA's complicity in the WOD(war on drugs) I am not yet swayed to think that this is truly connected(yet). The problem, for me, is the amount of disinformation.. As you pointed out articles abound that seem to contradict each other. So who is lying and who is not? Disinformation and propoganda working thier magic I suppose.

like I said this is why I remain on the fence about these(poppy and oil) hypotheosis.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Freakin right our JTF2(Special Forces) are making Canada Proud.
WE ARE NOT a bunch of nice eskimo lumber jacks
. We are nice though
Go Canucks Go!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join