Talk about a few bad apples!

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
"A few bad apples." My Grandfather said with resignation as he turned the page on his morning newpaper. "What does that mean?" I asked, Looking up to him, as I sat on the floor playing with my matchbox cars; in my Grandparents den. He peered over the rim of the paper and met my gaze. "A few bad apples spoil the orchard." he returned. He then went on to expain that there had been hostages taken from theUS embassy In Tehran.

I was too young at the time to fully understand my Grandfather's full analogy one fateful day in 2001. Nineteen terrorists had arranged Sept 11 as a permanent mark etched into the fabric of history.

After that day there is, argueably, a concerted move towards a veritable police state. Complete with: bank records,NSA wiretapping, and RFID implants.

Now today, with the Israeli attack of Lebanon in retaliation for the kidnapping of two Israeli soldiers, I hear echos of my Grandfathers lesson that long gone day.

I cannot help but to have noticed these two things:
1.) 19 people have collectively ruined the "orchard" of American civil liberties

and
2.) 2 kidnapped soldiers ignite a total war response from Israel.

talk about "A few bad apples..."

[edit on 13-7-2006 by TONE23]

[edit on 13-7-2006 by TONE23]

new topics

join