It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

graphics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
hey, i'm just wondering what every ones favorite game with the best graphics are

Note:"dont say, mind your own buisness"

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Half Life 2, and now Half Life 2 Episode 1. Graphics are all on High, Full HDR, so forth.

But no one seems to care about HL2E1, I made a topic about it and no one posted in it.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The best Graphics I have seen so far are:

1.) Oblivion for Xbox360- just a stunning visual masterpiece from top to bottom

2.) PGR3 for Xbox360- As far as Racing graphics goes It is (until Forza2 comes out) the best I have seen.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
2.) PGR3 for Xbox360- As far as Racing graphics goes It is (until Forza2 comes out) the best I have seen.

Burnout Revenge prawns any other Xbox360 racing game in my opinion. Not just because of the smooth graphics, the menus are styled to the max and there is no boring "wait" with silent loading screens, there is always something going on to keep you at least somewhat entertained. It's a fantastic game, 10/10 in my book.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth

Burnout Revenge prawns any other Xbox360 racing game in my opinion. Not just because of the smooth graphics, the menus are styled to the max and there is no boring "wait" with silent loading screens, there is always something going on to keep you at least somewhat entertained. It's a fantastic game, 10/10 in my book.

yes but with over 22 albums on my Xbox hard drive there is never a "quiet" loading screen.. always my tunes..

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Does it play according to the game or is it just one track after another?
I haven't bothered to test the album thing out and my 360 is 3,5 timezones away atm.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I haven't bothered to test the album thing out and my 360 is 3,5 timezones away atm.

No the music plays continuously.. You can play songs in order or randomize.

you should try it out when you get the time to burn down a few LP's.

The timezone thiing. I dont see the relevance. And if your in the UK then it is five time zones from me... I am in the Florida Keys

I race with quite a few English gentlemen in PGR3. so I am always aware of the time difference.

Also, I dont know how the music works for Burnout. But, With Oblivion,PGR3,MLB2k6, and even LOTR BFMEII I can play my music continuously without any intereuption.

That aside I still have yet to see a game that Beats Oblivion(visually). But this topic should heat up after the PS3 comes out.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

No the music plays continuously.. You can play songs in order or randomize.

you should try it out when you get the time to burn down a few LP's.

The timezone thiing. I dont see the relevance. And if your in the UK then it is five time zones from me... I am in the Florida Keys

I race with quite a few English gentlemen in PGR3. so I am always aware of the time difference.

Also, I dont know how the music works for Burnout. But, With Oblivion,PGR3,MLB2k6, and even LOTR BFMEII I can play my music continuously without any intereuption.

That aside I still have yet to see a game that Beats Oblivion(visually). But this topic should heat up after the PS3 comes out.

Yea the thing is the music in Burnout pumps you up when you need to get pumped and slows down when there is no pumping involved, yet still transists prefectly. It's got a pretty "bad" soundtrack IMHO (I only like 2 of the songs
) but still its done in a so well fashion that I don't mind. Basically the game keeps you entertained when it browses through the menus and loads, in addition to the driving. It's got a standard every racing game should follow.

And no I'm from Norway, close though

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Norway.

Cool.

I just picked up LOTR BFME II for the 360...graphics are actually alittle disappointing.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
yea oblivion is pretty amazing... but if you've ever seen F.E.A.R. on a high end pc system... then you'd know that it kills it. the Battlefield 2 graphics are pretty damn nice too.... and have ya seen Fight Night Round 3????? amazing!

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Age of Empires 3. I love how the individual pieces of buildings come flying off when you blast them with a cannon.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If we were talking PC Games, I'd have to say either Guild Wars, or Civilization 4 is pretty kik butt too!!!!

I only have an xbox.....whaaaaaa~~~~
I'm waiting for PS3!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
In Order of Quality of Textures by Playstyle Category.

RTS:
Rise of Nations

TBS:
Civilization 4
Heroes of Might and Magic V
Galactic Civilizations 2

FPS:
FEAR
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butchers Bay
HL2/CS:S/DoD:S
Portal(not out yet but check it out, it's an FPS/Puzzle game)

RPG(Including MMOs)
Oblivion
Eve: Online

Sandbox Games(Sims, GTA, etc)
Spore(not out yet though)
True Crime: New York
GTA:SA
GTA:VC
GTA III

The reason I put it into categories is because you can't really compare say an RTS to a FPS.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'd say for RTS's it's Act of War for me. Although a lot of the terrain and structures are pretty average the units are extremely well detailed. For action games I honestly think that Hitman: Blood Money looked just awesome on X-Box 360, and I'm sure it's quite good looking on a high end PC also.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Final fantasy 13 is just amazing, its hard to tel whihc bits are cutscenes, sceptical just put it into yahoo video finder and be amazed..

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sin Episode 1: Emergence

img resized to 800x600

[edit on 28-7-2006 by Lysergic]

top topics

join