It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just heard a news report of Fox News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
We'll see when Chavez will cut the oil for the US if they attack Iran. They said they'll do it, and they have the guts to do it. It'll be funny. Bush with a lot less oil.
And Israël with a lot less oil.
And redneck crying because the oil is too expansive.

Does anyone know what's the percentage of oil importations from Venezuela by the US?

[edit on 13-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Alot. That is why we do not like chavez. Sure we will have less oil, Israel will have less oil. And we will have a world war.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
When we are kicking ass and taking oil if thats what it comes down to then thats what we'll do =)

How you like that?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
Looking at the likely course of this alleged missile im almost certain that it would have taken it over Iraq and the missile may have been in range of Patriot anti missile batteries in Saudi as well.
But no shootdown. The US has some of the most advanced anti missile tech in the world, if not the most advanced, i find it very unlikely this missile would have been allowed to reach its target if it was fired from Iran. Or are their holes in the Anti Missile protection that you could ....... well ...... fly a missile through?
Or is this a possible false flag op?

You do know that Iran has or at least did have Revolutionary Guards in the Bekka Valley with Syrian forces. Who do you think helped train Hezbollah?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
When we are kicking ass and taking oil if thats what it comes down to then thats what we'll do =)

How you like that?

They'll blow up their own oil wells and fight you till death, it'll be worse than Iraq and Vietnam together, how do you like that?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Syria needs to walk a very narrow line right now or they are once again, going to get thumped by Israel, and this time I don't think they will stop till they finish the job. Bashir Assad is not a leader that Israel will think twice about embarrassing. His position in Syria has been eroded by his retreat from Lebanon. As for Iran threatening, exactly how are they going to get their military over to Israel? Last I checked , Iraq was in the way.

Even if Iran could launch WMD (unlikely yet) missile strikes from Iran, they will be met by the measured Israeli response that we all know they will deliver. Iran for all it's bluster will be leaving Syria out to dry. Egypt will not get involved in this and quite frankly, without Egypt, the Arab world can't really field too much in the way of opposition.
And so the cycle will start again. Sooner or later one side will want peace more than war. At least I hope so.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Yeah people are dying, yet that is the way of things and that does not effect me. Why should I feel personal remorse for people that I personally think brought it on themselves... I am more concerned about how much I pay at the pump and how it effects my nations economy.

Because you have honor? Pfffftt, the only ones with honor any more are fighting in Iraq for more than oil. Maybe they're wrong.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Even if Iran could launch WMD (unlikely yet) missile strikes from Iran, they will be met by the MEASURED Israeli response that we all know they will deliver.

Did you see the past few weeks any israëli action as mesured? Really? Also, Iran is able to strike Israël with their 10 000 chemicals weapons, but they won't do so because they could be nuked back and they don't want to kill all the palestinians.

Iran for all it's bluster will be leaving Syria out to dry. Egypt will not get involved in this and quite frankly, without Egypt, the Arab world can't really field too much in the way of opposition.
And so the cycle will start again. Sooner or later one side will want peace more than war. At least I hope so.

For the arabs, I hope that Egypt is making a bluff here, and they'll attack Israêl when they won't be waiting for them. But it is highly unlikely.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
We'll see when Chavez will cut the oil for the US if they attack Iran. They said they'll do it, and they have the guts to do it. It'll be funny. Bush with a lot less oil.
And Israël with a lot less oil.
And redneck crying because the oil is too expansive.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

Don't say they, it's he and if he does, good for him ofcourse those that he pays off with the money he gains from selling oil to the US to stay in power might be a bit peeved. So I dare him. Go ahead, cut us off. We shouldn't be doing business with oppressive dictators anyways. I insist that he cut us off.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Did you see the past few weeks any israëli action as mesured? Really? Also, Iran is able to strike Israël with their 10 000 chemicals weapons, but they won't do so because they could be nuked back and they don't want to kill all the palestinians.

I thought everyone would see what I meant by my "measured" blurb. Sorry if I tried to use some irony here. Your post explains exactly what I meant.

Truth be told, I really don't think if Iran were assured of destroying Israel and not getting toasted in return, they would care what happened to the Palestinians. They are obviously more interested to me in Israel's destruction than Palestine's Statehood. They would just celebrate them as martyrs for the cause.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by pavil]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
And they don't expect a US nuclear retaliation if they do wipe off Israël from the map? Or they have a marvellous plan to counter any USA retaliation?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I would be expecting the Israeli nuclear response even more, which they do I am quite convinced. No one is under any illusions as to what Israel will do it struck with WMD are they? I didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I only hope someone has the balls to stand up to Israel and put them in there place. Im still dumb funded how a nation of 6,352,117 people have the weapons they do

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
I was just watching CNN and Wolfe Blitzer just said Iran's President came on Iran State T.V. and warned Iran not to attack Syria or it would cause the entire Islamic world to retaliate.

I wouldn't worry too much. I remember being scared to death in 1991 that the "Mother of All Wars" was about to break out when an attack on Iraq was supposedly going to bring the whole Islamic world to war.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
I only hope someone has the balls to stand up to Israel and put them in there place. Im still dumb funded how a nation of 6,352,117 people have the weapons they do

I am sure you know how they got them. You should also ask where Iran gets its weapons as well
Then again the US is not involved so why should you care?

I mean seriously, what is happening to Australia? I read something from a guy who said he would fight against the evil US war machine...And then I read about a guy blaming all the world's problems on the US. And now you are saying you hope someone puts Israel in their place?

How would you like someone to say that they would like someone to put Australia into THEIR place when all your neighbors want to destroy you. A country seeking or has nuclear weapons threaten to wipe you off the map. Terrorists kid nap Australian soldiers and most of the world says you are overreacting *when each country would go ape s*** if it happened to them.

You would be PRETTY pissed off. Something like: Damn mate, who caws what the f'ing world thinks.

But then again it is all the US & Israel's fault as ALWAYS.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Yes, and who exactly is going to put Israel in their place?

In terms of military strength:

1. US
2. UK
3. Israel
4. China
5. Russia

3, 4, 5 are very close. China has the numbers but Israel is a damn powerful country with technology only matched by the US & UK.

Their army is also one of the most well trained, perhaps even the most, in the world.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
So why Hizbollah kicked the butt of the Israëli army back in the 90s? All I want to say is that they are not invincible and that is their weak point.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

I mean seriously, what is happening to Australia?

We always get dragged into your yanky BS wars that whats wrong with Australia
. Id be asking what wrong with the US having a president whos IQ is roughly equal to them amount of books he has read(5 or 6 including "My Pet Goat")

PS :Just to let you know 99% of Ozzie's want nothing to do with the "war on terror"

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

I mean seriously, what is happening to Australia?

We always get dragged into your yanky BS wars that whats wrong with Australia
. Id be asking what wrong with the US having a president whos IQ is roughly equal to them amount of books he has read(5 or 6 including "My Pet Goat")

PS :Just to let you know 99% of Ozzie's want nothing to do with the "war on terror"

Hm...And why did you neglect to answer my other question? Maybe you would be doing the same as Israel is doing and I was right.

By the way, maybe Australians should figure out who their true friends are. If Australia was located on mainlands do you really think you would not be attacked? And no, it wouldn't have been by Israel or the US either.

By the way, if Australia was attacked, or had natural disasters occur, there would be aid sent to them. And no it wouldn't be by Arab countries or China or Russia. And the majority of Americans would support the aid

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

You do know that Iran has or at least did have Revolutionary Guards in the Bekka Valley with Syrian forces. Who do you think helped train Hezbollah?

Of course, but why this sudden certainty it was a Rep Guard who pulled the trigger? If Hezbollah were trained by Iran, as we all know they were, does it not make more sense that Hezbollah were the ones that actually fired the missile?
But the info comming in is confused, one poster says that Fox says the missile came from Iran and then another says it came from Lebanon. If it came from Iran then fair enough i understand why it would be said that Iran fired it, cant be any other reason. If it was fired from Lebanon then i fail to see how Isreal or any news agency could know with any degree of certainty that an actual Rep Guardsman pulled the trigger, i find it more likely that it was Hezbollah who fired it and Isreal know better than anyone who trained them so why the sudden swich of blame from Hezbollah, where the blame prob should be, to blaming Iran? Isreal has known for years that Iran trained and armed Hezbollah and have traded Missiles before with them and never directly said that Iran were the ones to fire the missiles, sure they have moaned about Iran training and supplying them but i cant recall Isreal blaming Iran for a direct attack on their soil before, does that seem a little strange to you?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join