It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you get into the CIA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I was just wondering, b/c I will be done with college and I still dont know what I want my occupation to be. I was thinking about going into the CIA anyone know how? Or I could work in the resource department or engineering. I dont have much time untill by job training starts, once I am done with all my core classes math, science, history, and Language Arts I will switch to a university. So going back to the topic are you "pulled" into the CIA or can you sign up for an application? Can someone who knows please tell me?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Here you go. This should provide most if not all that you are looking for.

www.cia.gov...

federaljobs.net...

Hope this helps?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If I told you, I'd probably have to kill ... nevermind.

From what I understand, you apply for it, justlike any other Federal Job. I'm sure Military training would come in handy, or some sort of police work background.

Check the links provided above for more (better) details.

[edit on 7/13/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think I will like Information System Security the best b/c of those degrees I need sound pretty fun to learn about. Yeah I guess next year I will take a deeper study into physical sciences. That will be neat b/c of my extreme understanding of electronics and computers where I never really have to read the directions for anything I just know what to do. No its gotten to the point where it gets annoying when people who dont understand electronics and computers which makes me steamy when we get subs who dont know crap about the machines.

Oh and thanks for the links they were very helpful.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by wildcat]

[edit on 13-7-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
An old friend of mine told me one of the questions they might ask in a cia agant interview. The question was.....

"If you were in a building in a bad neighborhood, whats the first thing you look for?"

Can anyone answer that correctly?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Wow those inerviews seem pretty hard to go through.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Wow those inerviews seem pretty hard to go through.

A bit of common sense will tell you that they have to be hard. They don't let just anybody work for them.

Expect very thourough background checks, including them interviewing your family and friends. Past and present.

I'm quite sure the hiring procedure for NSA is very strict as well.

One thing you may want to consider is working your way up the ladder.

Start with a bit of military, then go into law enforcement, perhaps try for FBI, then on to CIA.

Of course if you're in college will be getting a degree in something useful to them, that may be enough.

But these are just some of my thoughts. As I am not sure exactly what they look for in a prospective agent.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You just apply like any other job. Just they grilll you more and give you a lie-detector test.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well, thats the official application...buuut they want to put you in another test that is meant for the 21st century.

1. You must kill 10 people that look like terrorists and present their heads to Langley to confirm they are the real terrorists. Why do that>? To prove that your instinct guides you to the real terrorists and not the wannabes.

2. That you are able to speak 10 ancient languages that has not been spoken for centuries. Who knows they may be helpful someday, terrorists are clever they may start using ancient languages.

3. That you are able to withstand you body's sexual desires since many of the missions you may assign to (if you are selected) that could last for years without a man or woman (depends on which you prefer).

4. That you never drink, smoke, do drugs, or any of the kind. Official it says that they know that not everybody is perfect, but in truth they want a perfect war machine.

5. Physical test where they make you run 20 miles in 1 hour, why only one hour, its because they want to be sure you can outrun terrorists who prefer to chase American spys with Toyota trucks and not run on their sandals that flops alot, otherwise you being too slow would increase the chances that you would be caught and torture and show your decapitated head on television and become an embarrassment to the U.S.

Good luck, chances are that you could succeed since the U.S. govt. is short of manpower because of these harsh tests. They may switch to softer easier tests.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by deltaboy]

[edit on 13-7-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Well, I have heard that the easiest way to get into the CIA/FBI/NSA or any other Fedeeral Agency is to have some sort of a Clearence before entering.

I am leaving for Navy bootcamp on Sunday, and I will be entering as a CTR. Or Cryptologic Technician, my specialty being in the "R" branch of the CT rate, will be collection. (informaiton Recovery/ collection) With this rate there is a 100,000 dollar background investigation done by the Federal Government, this is becuase the rate requires a Top Secret Clearence. Now imagine you are either are a contractor through the government or actually the Federal Government itself. You have two canidates who are very close in scores and overall achievement during your interview/ testing for this postion. Now imagine canidate A, has a Clearence that is current, and B does not. Who do you think the employer is going to choose? Of course the answer is A, for the obvious reason of, it saves them money.

Also if you are really intrested in such a position you need to make yourself appealing to those who would hire you. Find out what they are looking for and become that person. (easier said then done)

Actually I am either going to try to pursue a career in this field if for any reason I decided not to stay in the Navy for twenty years. Also I heard if you really want to get into a position like this the most highly recruited people are those in either a naval/other armed forces Intel positions. Like for example the CT rate. Hope that helps wildcat and GL!

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Scyman]

top topics

join