It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experience with a Voodoo Doll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Recently, I was reminiscing and recalled a childhood experience of mine. I was about 10 years old and was hanging out with a friend. We decided to mold a 'voodoo doll' out of some clay. I wasn't familiar with voodoo dolls except that you poke it with a needle and hurt someone..of your choice. I can't say that I really believed in their power. Needless to say, we named the doll after our bitchy neighbor. We didn't want to go overboard and repeatedly stab the doll, so we kept things basic...or so we thought. We stabbed the voodoo doll ONCE in the pinky, as we thought this would be relatively harmless. We saw our 'neighbor' within a couple of days of the "stabbing" and, believe it or not, she had a broken pinky. We didn't mention this to anyone for fear of getting in trouble.

Ten years later, I was bitten by my dog. Coincidentally, he injured my left pinky and I had to seek immediate medical attention. It took a couple of months to recover, but my left pinky functions fine now.

Two years after that injury, I was ejected from a moving vehicle at 70 mph. Surprisingly, I walked away with back damage, a broken tailbone, road rash and a BROKEN RIGHT PINKY. To this day, my right pinky does not bend nor straighten due to scar tissue. I am looking into other options for re-gaining motion, aside from another surgery.

Is there a connection between these incidents? Isn't there a Wiccan rule "Everything you put out comes back to you Threefold"? Have I paid my dues with these two injuries to both of my pinkies? I'm not a firm believer, but this sure has raised question in regards to the effectiveness of voodoo dolls.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yes, there is the rule of it biting you in the ass threefold. I don't know if that applies to things done with voodoo or not though. If it is that way, I'd be careful though. Some things are not meant to be toyed with.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
ejected at 70mph....pinky injury

im sorry, tho i cant help BUT be sarcastic

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Oh, I agree with you completely. This was a childish act and nothing more. That was the first and only time that I 'toyed' with a voodoo doll. I do NOT recommend trying this at home.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero
Yes, there is the rule of it biting you in the ass threefold. I don't know if that applies to things done with voodoo or not though. If it is that way, I'd be careful though. Some things are not meant to be toyed with.

i agree with kaos, it's always best not to mess with forces you have NO CLUE about, to some extent this could apply in a lot of cases related to life-experience

somehow i never thought voodoo would be related to a broken pinky

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Cyrus, it seems strange, but I was ejected from a moving vehicle at 70 mph. I was starflighted to the hospital, treated and released as an outpatient. I can't believe that I walked away, let alone with my life. True story, no bull#tin'.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hmmm. Voodoo and Wicca are seperate and very different religions, but I see what you are saying.
I'd vote for coincidence.
Because if what you are afraid of were true, it would imply that you have a Voodoo curse on you and probably better shake it.

Peace,
BG

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
Cyrus, it seems strange, but I was ejected from a moving vehicle at 70 mph. I was starflighted to the hospital, treated and released as an outpatient. I can't believe that I walked away, let alone with my life. True story, no bull#tin'.

ok...hey, i always thought triple-fold revenge was supposed to have smthng to do with the anti-christ, how is voodoo a methodic antichirstian faith, if in fact it dates back to missionary-related work in dark africa back in the 1600's meant to protect them from all worldly evil

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yes, I understand that Wiccan and Voodoo are different. I was simply suggesting a connection between these incidents. I didn't put much thought into this until recently. I was ejected from the vehicle in July/2002. I've been considering acupuncture to regain motion in my right pinky. I guess that's when my brain realized "needles" & "pinky"=VOODOO DOLL! Hopefully, I've paid my dues...Hell, I was just a child!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Isn't there a Wiccan rule "Everything you put out comes back to you Threefold"?

Not just a Wiccan rule, but one of harmful (black) magick in general... That your intentions behind the magick come back to you threefold. In other words, if you put out good into the universe, it returns to you threefold. If you put out evil intent into the universe, it comes back to you threefold.

It's the intent, not the action, that governs this. Therefore, I'd go with coincidence, and not the rule of three on this one, so I don't think you have any dues to pay, as your intention wasn't specifically to harm with malice, but play.

Also, the threefold rule doesn't necessarily mean three incidents, but three times the repercussions... Sounds like if there were dues to pay...you've paid them, even with the rule of three....

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wow thats kinda crazy, And scarey
I had a word with a friend of mine who practices Voodoo
And he say,s anything done to harm another will come back three times unless you do a spell to protect yourself...he said you make another voodoo doll of yourself and place this in a safe place...
well looks like you have had your threefold....
so you should be ok now

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Gazrok, thank you for the first comforting post..::sigh of relief::

You're correct about the playful intent. She was actually our 'friend', but we often questioned her intentions. I thought about contacting my old friend that helped with the doll. She changed her name and moved away due to an awful mess with her mother's ex boyfriend. Perhaps these are just mere coincidences.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Wow, asala. So you'd make another voodoo doll of yourself and place it in a safe place?...hmm.

This happened over 10 years ago and I can't believe I'm rehashing it in this thread! I really didn't even put 2 and 2 together until I began discussing acupuncture with a few friends. I'm probably overreacting, but it certainly grabbed my attention! Thank you all for your replies.

top topics

join