It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science behind the glow of a UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Almost every single story about a UFO that I've heard, the people always say that it was some bright Orange,Red or yellow color. Could there be some elements from the periodic table be involved?

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's feasible that it's an element from the periodic table, but at the same time it's also feasible that it's an element that may not be found here on earth or has not been discovered yet.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I've read a couple of theories about UFO illumination. The best theory about the glowing being the byproduct of "field propulsion"

Stanton Friedman wrote a paper on field propulsion theory. The late NASA engineer Paul Hill who discussed how UFOs fly in the book "Unconventional Flying Saucers" also described field propulsion as the explanation.

Field propulsion is propulsion that utilizes intense electromagnetic fields around the craft, thus ionizing air molecules, which as Friedman states could help control lift and drag and counteract as some feel gravity waves making the craft impervious to inertia thus allowing its occupants to undergo extreme G forces. The ionization of the air molecules creates the glow effect. I'm not sure if UFOs glow in outer space because of this since there is no air in its vacuum.

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
An element is not the cause of the glow, energy fields are as heelstone stated. The closest you can get to saying it is an element is saying it was 115. Element 115 is the supposed fuel for flying sausers. Take a look at Simon's article about it in the normal site (www.abovetopsecret.com...).

new topics

top topics

join