It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Q Continuum - An Interpretation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The premise is that they exist as pure energy outside of time. They can manipulate matter & never die. Supposedly with such power, boredom can set in.

So members of this Q continuum voluntarily enter a stint as a physical being. As a physical being, the memory is erased. They are subject to vulnerability & the unknown until one day physical death becomes inevitable & they return to the Q continuum.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well I HAD a really good reply but as life would have it or the board lol..I didn't have permission to post a reply here..so the moment was gone...It didn't really matter as it didn't make much sense anyway, I was comparing the energy to ones soul and how it might not be as boring as one might think to be inbetween physical bodiness/pure energy etc etc blah..and how it seems fathomable(if that's a word?) to return back in physical form but in a different body...I agree death would be inevitable as far as the body is concerned..and thus is why I would equate it to the *soul* without the smothering skin and all on top of the energy that exist in us all..

OK I'm interested, where do I sign up?

[Edited on 10/27/03 by magestica]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Similar to the idea of reincarnation, when you think about it....
Which, then would mean we are all Q, at least between incarnations....

BTW-Riker was an idiot for not joining...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Looks like we were both thinking alike in not only our wanting to reply here but our replies are very much along the same lines..

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
So, you agree that Riker was an idiot?

seriously...that view of reincarnation has kind of been a personal belief of mine for as long as I can remember...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hehe. I don't believe it would be boring staying in the Q continuum. But since I have a physical vehicle at the moment, who knows what my purpose is (since my memory would have been erased from birth).

I'm not hardcore trekkie or trekker (hardcore fans do seem to battle over the distinction). I watched some episodes that happened to intrigue me.

Riker?

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
While I don't profess to be a "Trekkie" (I prefer Star Wars)...I know a bit about it...

Riker (Picard's 2nd in command) was offered the chance to join the Q in an episode, but turned it down....
Moron...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Riker did screw up...he could've had Counselor Troy and all the other beautiful ladies on Rissa.

Support your local pleasure planet!!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
For those not in the know, Rissa is like the Vegas of the Next Generation....but planet sized...

Damn, my inner geekdom is showing again!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Oh, I remember the episode with Riker. He had to decline the offer unless he was going to join the Q continuum.

In order to keep from being isolated & stay equal among his fellow friends, he had to give up the offer.

Now if they didn't need to know about it, that might have been a different story.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Rissa is much, much better than Vegas, but the analogy is appropriate.

Also, I think Kirk and crowd made a few stops to Rissa. Who wouldn't? Just be careful not to step on the lawn, could land you in jail.
(almost happened to Wesley)

As far as the continuum, I've always thought of it as the space beyond space. Since mortal beings can travel to and visit the Continuum, I would agree that being Q is actually an energy form. But I can't see why a Q would want to stick out enough "earth-years" to watch their physical earthly presence shrivel up like a prune.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Questor

so it is saying there is life eternal but it is boring, & the only pleasure is earthly fleshy pleasures etc. That is Satanism i believe. It is the philosophy that attempts to negate God entirely from the picture. It is satan's job to negate God from mankind's consciousness. To drive man away from God. The reason is that God is such a loving wonderful person that people would love no one else if they met God. Everyone else is an empty headed idiot compared to God. If you like knowledge then seek God. If you like love then seek God. If you like friendship & good times then seek God. Nothing else can give you those things like God can.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Maybe it was someone from the Q Continuum that provided the source material for the Gospels of Matthew and Luke.

Q Source

The Gospels of Matthew and Luke were written independently, each using Mark and a second hypothetical document called "Q" as a source. Q was conceived as the most likely explanation behind the common material (mostly sayings) found in the Gospel of Matthew and the Gospel of Luke but not in Mark.

An episode of Star Trek Voyager revealed that the Q are responsible for inspiring or assisting mortals with important events or scientific revelations. By the way, Riker was in that episode. The Q tranfered him, Issac Newton and a Woodstock sound engineer to the Delta Quadrant for a judicial inquiry on Voyager. A Q helped Riker's ancestor during the Amerian Civil War. Quinn (the Q under trial) carried a wounded Union officer, Colonel Thaddeus Riker, back from the front lines to safety – ultimately ensuring Will Riker's existence in the future.

Star Trek Voyager: Death Wish episode

top topics

join