It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanon Retaliates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

The US is telling Israel to tread cautiously here as the Lebanese gov't is not entirely at fault here. The US gov't is also saying that Syria and Iran are the primary backers of Hammas and Hezbollah. Let me repeat. Syria and Iran. I'd say the stage is being set for someone to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities.

yup yup, pretty much the US Gov't is trying to make this war very much bigger, so ultimately we would have our soldiers in irag ready to join in?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
this is a war between iran and the US held on the lebanese ground. i think that Iran which command Hezbollah wanted this to happen to have better cards negotiating the nuclear crisis.

As for syria they are "selling" Lebanon for just "on official call from the US" they won't make pressure on Hezbollah until the US governement do a direct call with them and by that they will break the decision of the US of considering Syria a terrorist country and will start diplomatic relation .

The big question; since israel attacked this night the south of beirut (where there's the biggest concentration of chiite population and where the president of
Hezbollah is beleived to live there(?)) . Will Hezbollah attack Haifa as he promised??????
and will he use the iran's Raad missiles???

i think they know it will be a long war and with no munitions comming from outside Lebanon they will be playing the card of keeping munitions as long as they can.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by PARADISEVIEW. Will Hezbollah attack Haifa as he promised??????
and will he use the iran's Raad missiles???

they attacked Haifa yesterday. Two rockets I think. Not sure where the munitions were made but they were paid for with Iranian money.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN[/i

Hezbollah hold about 24 seats in a 124 (or was it 128 seat) Lebanese Parliament which is also by law to include 50% Christian representation. They are not the deciding factor in Lebanese policy. They were there representing the 40% population of the Shiite Muslims in the country. They were left armed to serve as a buffer between Israel and Lebanon to keep israeli forces from crossing over the border.

Pie

Thank you. At least somebody is making sense here.

The Lebanese will not oppose the IDF as long as they are attacking Hezbollah guerrilas.

Hezbollah was left armed because the Lebanese army is not in a position to forcefully disarm them, and feared backlash from her neighbors if she asked for outside (US, EU, Iraeli, or UN) interference.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join