It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Courtesy Is Mandatory

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I know, I know...two wrongs don't make a right...

Thanks for the input.
My D-Ego is back on board.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You know it's because of your official stance and sensitivity that made this an important find in my D-life.

You can go nearly anywhere on the web and get lectured, hounded, pitched, proselytized, otherwise folded - spindled - and mutilated. But here I have a chance that at least someone will hear my words, respond, and give me a sense that I'm not an abnormal moron with psychotic delusions for asking questions they don't want to hear. I hope you maintain this atmosphere and shun the people who define themselves by how many arguments they quash.

(By the way, if anyone says I am a delusional psychotic yada yada - it's all untrue, I swear it!
)

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
*BUMP*

Because it needs to be bumped.
I'm noticing a lot of sniping and tit for tat today.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I get it - but I find it interesting that people can say the most hateful sarcastic, disrespectful crap to others but as long as they don't use any popular epithets its all groovy -
whatever - but I will abide...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

G'day. I was wondering, what kind of Questions can I ask?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

This forum, not this particular thread, is for you to ask any question involving ATS BTS MATS. If you have a problem with the site for what ever reason you post it to a thread similar to your problem. If you cannot find one you start a new thread with your question.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

this is why i love this forum. you speak wisely and i feel good being a member--hope i can contribute in some way. cydonia19.5

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I was just flagged for manners and decorum for rather humorously pointing out that the op was off his rocker(not of this post but another).Now I have no problem being polite,what I need to know is where do you (the mods) draw the line it seems very arbitrary when I read replies like this

So your answer to the problems we face is to let the government control us? Then it would appear that you are the uneducated retard living in a trailer park.
I pulled that off an old thread in about 2 seconds please tell me my post was not as insulting as that.Again I'm not trying to justify what I wrote,I'm just trying to get an Idea of where the line is drawn.obviously it is up to the discretion of the moderator supervising the thread but is there any uniform criteria for them?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

what I need to know is where do you (the mods) draw the line it seems very arbitrary when I read replies like this
just trying to get an Idea of where the line is drawn.obviously it is up to the discretion of the moderator supervising the thread but is there any uniform criteria for them?

Moderators are unable to read every single post, unfortunately. That is why there is an alert/complaint button so when a member sees something as you quoted, it can be brought to the attention of staff and taken care of.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

so some one didn't like my reply and reported me?That's how it works?I have questions then, once reported is it "judged" or just acted upon. and where do I report any one who thinks I"m stupid or wrong and can I plead my case to any one besides the mod that flagged me?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
reply to post by greeneyedleo

and where do I report any one who thinks I"m stupid or wrong and can I plead my case to any one besides the mod that flagged me?

You can file a COMPLAINT which all MODs will see.

[edit on 6/29/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

So your answer to the problems we face is to let the government control us? Then it would appear that you are the uneducated retard living in a trailer park.
I pulled that off an old thread in about 2 seconds please tell me my post was not as insulting as that.

How old of a thread?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

hold on I have to find it edit;sorry it was not that old of a thread and a new reply I pulled it off of my ats the thread is 9 days old but the reply was from today.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

hold on I have to find it edit;sorry it was not that old of a thread and a new reply I pulled it off of my ats the thread is 9 days old but the reply was from today.

Link please.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I realize with the edit it might not catch your eye that I replied .do you want the thread? I do not want to file a complaint

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com... the link is for page one the post is on page six by alien mind I believe.........................here is another from the next post

With right wing freaks you still have a choice where to live. If we let left wing nuts like yourself run free - we all would have to live in a giant concentration camp. Toilet paper rationing, anyone?
calling some one nuts is that off limits?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Thank you. Dealt with. Now to your post. You are responsible for your own posts. Don't worry about what others post, that's our business. Check that link.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I have read and understand but you must also understand that everything has a context and I wasn't using that as an example of "well they said this so why can't I say that" I was using it as an example of the arbitrary nature of having more than one person subjectively interpreting the rules. Thanks

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

When members are rude, they not only discourage those whom they intend to hurt, but offend everyone who reads their rude posts, and make the discussion environment less pleasant for everyone.

I have had some issues on ATS/BTS with members who have stalked and harassed me in an attempt to shut me up and not share my views and opinions. I really wish that such members who continually violate the TOS would be banned.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

On a recent thread a moderator posted a link to this thread on a clearly discourteous post. However given that the discourteous post in question was allowed to remain and the poster was allowed to continue the posting of prima facie violations of the 'don't be a jerk' ATS terms and conditions stipulation on that same thread, I have concluded that the title to this thread should be 'Courtesy is Strongly Encouraged but Not Required.'

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join