It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News : Isreal attacks airport in Beirut

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
And cue Souljah and his, "But But the JOOOOOOSSS. On Noes the JOOOOOOSSSS rule the world" act! LOL

Originally posted by thematrix
One of the 4 missiles did hit. The 3 others impacted arround the ministry on civilian area's (I don't even want to say targets)

Israel also killed and injured a load of civilians living around the Palestinian foreign Ministery when they tried to bomb that with air to surface missiles and apparantly missed.

Got a source?

I in no way can see or understand the notion of "kidnapped" enemy soldiers.
Why do people keep trying to put that type of spin on things?

Soldiers are captured by enemy or foreign forces, kidnapping requires at least 1 or all parties to be civilian.

You know, Souljah was going on and on about this and frankly I do not see how freaking hard this concept is to understand. Hezbollah are not in the military. They are civilian. Hamas is composed of civilians. Therefore if they capture someone, it is an act of kidnapping. Unless you want to consider Hezbollah a military, then what they did was an act of war and well the response we see now is justified. But you can not have it both ways.
And now cue up Souljah with some reply about how evil, MUUUUUHAHAHAH, Israel is. Oh and lets get a listing of every anti-Israel motion every put forward in the UN, just...you know because I give a crap about the UN.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

According to BBC News Israel have now attacked a 3rd Airport in Lebanon, the 2nd being a Military Airbase. Apparently the U.N are sending a team over, also.

Got a link, i cant find it anywhere?

[edit on 13-7-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Sources? To lazy to goto BBC, CNN and the other major news sites?

And the soldiers are captured by enemy forces not civilians.
You can claim all you want they are in escence civilians, but the second they join an organized armed militaristic group, militia or even an organized weaponized gang, they become enemy forces, enemy combatants, militia members, terrorists and so on and are no longer civilians.

When they are killed or captured themselves they are called enemy forces, terrorists, enemy combatants, militia's and not civilians.

[edit on 13/7/06 by thematrix]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The Matrix, i went to those sources, have been on them all day.
I cant find the bit where it states the second airfield etc....

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
The Matrix, i went to those sources, have been on them all day.
I cant find the bit where it states the second airfield etc....

UMM,

It is on the homepage of CNN, a little reading will show you.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The comment about reading the news sites wasn't pointed at you dude.

And oh yeah, I just read that the Libanees hurdled a bunch of rockets at Israel as a retalatory measure against the airport bombings and such.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Matrix was talking to imp. american.

I didnt hear they went for a third base, and have been reading the front page on these sites....

Just wanted clarification.

got it.

Other airfields also were attacked Thursday, the Israel Defense Forces said, but details were not immediately available.

But their still sketchy??

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The comment about reading the news sites wasn't pointed at you dude.

Wasn't trying to be rude or anything, I was just reading up on this whole situation, (bored as hell at work) and noticed that you said you couldn't find where they mentioned Israel bombing multiple airports. Just wanted to point it out, that's all.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Fox news just reported that Israel may strike damascus syria in retaliation for there support of Hizballah and Iran

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I didnt hear they went for a third base, and have been reading the front page on these sites....

Just wanted clarification.

got it. But their still sketchy??

No, BBC News 24 have confirmed it twice now. According to them, all Lebanese Civilian and Military Airports have been bombed.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
Fox news just reported that Israel may strike damascus syria in retaliation for there support of Hizballah and Iran

Will this happen???

What do you people think?

If it does what will syria do?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

Will this happen???

What do you people think?

If it does what will syria do?

i'll tell you what will happen, war with Iran:

Larijani is also Iran’s senior nuclear negotiator. He will remain in Damascus for the duration of the crisis in line with the recently Iranian-Syrian mutual defense pact. His presence affirms that an Israeli attack on Syria will be deemed an assault on Iran. It also links the Israeli hostage crisis to Iran’s nuclear standoff with the West.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
You know, Souljah was going on and on about this and frankly I do not see how freaking hard this concept is to understand. Hezbollah are not in the military. They are civilian. Hamas is composed of civilians. Therefore if they capture someone, it is an act of kidnapping. Unless you want to consider Hezbollah a military, then what they did was an act of war and well the response we see now is justified. But you can not have it both ways.

Gee, let's role back a little and find out where the ROOTS of Hizb'Allah are, shall we?

Hizb'Allah

Hezbollah or Hezb-Allah is a Lebanese Islamist group founded in 1982 by Lebanese Shia to fight the Israeli occupation in southern Lebanon. Along with the Amal movement, Hezbollah is the main political party representing the Shia community, Lebanon's largest religious bloc. Founded with the aid of Iran, it follows the distinctly Shiite Islamist ideology. It calls for the establishment of an Islamic state in Lebanon, on the principle of sovereignty of the jurisconsult, although recognising that this could only come about with the consensus of the Lebanese people.

In addition to its military wing, Hezbollah maintains a civilian arm, which runs hospitals, news services, and educational facilities and participates in the Lebanese Parliament. Its Reconstruction Campaign (Jihad al-Bina) is responsible for numerous economic and infrastructural development projects in Shia-populated areas of Lebanon.

A number of Western governments, including that of the United States, have designated it a terrorist organization, while the European Union has designated the party's external security wing, but not the organization as a whole, as a terrorist organization.

Wow!

"Strangly" they were formed because of the Israel OCCUPATION of southern Lebanon. How is that possible? Suprised? I guess yet another proof that an Occupation Always triggers a Resistance - and in this case, Israel is responsible for the Birth of Hizb'Allah, since their Occupaton of Southern Lebanon triggered the Birth of this Organisation.

And as you can see, Hizb'Allah has a Military and a Civilan Wing, which means that they are members of Armed Forces. But ofcourse, they are Evil Terrorists for the Standards of United States - European Union holds back a little. So, if they are a Terrorist Organization, then Israel is a Terrorist State - which also means that almost all countries of this world are Terrorist States; you can either have it both ways or no way at all. Either everybody is a Terrorist or No-One. Becase when Israel targets CIVILAN Infrastructure in Lebanon or Gaza Strip that is Also an Act of Terrorism, since Terrorism means 'the use or threat of serious violence' to advance some kind of 'cause' - and by that definition Everybody is a Terrorist! But since the start of the alleged "War on Terror" it is very clear how Mighty Countries use that Term - all the enemies of the state are Terrorists.

Pure and Simple.

[edit on 13/7/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
US should at least stop military aid to Israel. What Israel has been doing to the Palestinian people is going to be consider genocide in the civilized world. I recomend waching a documentary called

Peace, Propaganda and the Promisse Land torrent.

It should shed some light on why this people seem to us a bit NUTS.

This is not a clash of religions or civilizations. This is just GOP's Doing stupid things so that they can keep support with in their countries. Both Arab Countries and Israel. The problem is Arab countries don't have as much support as Israel does from them US, specially on military aid.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This makes me very sad, but the truth of war is not always apparent to us.

Arab and Lebanese satellite TV stations ran urgents and beamed pictures across the Arab world. One station showed a man holding the head and torso of a baby killed in the Israeli bombing.

So this is looking like it might spread?
What do you think?

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoKito
US should at least stop military aid to Israel.

Well dear Sir, that is going to happen when Hell Freezes over.

U.S. Assistance and the Israel/Palestine Conflict

The Israeli government and military receive $15,139,178 from the U.S. every day; Palestinian NGO’s receive $232,290** from the U.S. each day.

“Generous as it is, what Israel actually got in U.S. aid is considerably less than what it has cost U.S. taxpayers to provide it. The principal difference is that so long as the U.S. runs an annual budget deficit, every dollar of aid the U.S. gives Israel has to be raised through U.S. government borrowing.” - Richard Curtiss

GO AMERICA!

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I expect to see all the airports in Lebanon to be bombed, Israel has imposed an air and sea blockade of Lebanon.

Since Lebanon doesn't operate any fixed wing military aircraft, the point is to keep large transport aircraft out of Lebanon by putting crators in the runway.

The US response is very curious. Notice the closest aircraft carrier to the region is 10 days away at full speed, and its on the way from the South China Sea to a port of call in South Korea. The US Navy has left the Europeans and Pakistani's in charge of the front lines in the Persian Gulf, Arabian Sea, and Red Sea. The US reaction based on military actions alone seems to indicate the US isn't very happy with Israel's actions. I think this is a fair assessment, because actions speak louder than words, particularly the words of W.

Israel's tactical movements imply this is going to be a long process. It should be noted that the military elements of Hezbella have been seperated from much of the civilian population in Lebanon, but all the people are suffering equally from the infrastructure attacks. On the Northern front, the strategy appears to keep Hezbella cut off for an extended period of time and make all of Lebanon suffer while the IDF attempts to systematically take on Hezbella directly.

The strategy is designed for two effects, one to cut off Hezbella and kill them, and second to leave Lebanon civilians isolated with a flattened infrastructure forciog them to watch Hezbella get smacked around by the IDF. The effect is designed to be a pyschological war in nature against the people of Lebanon while a physical war is waged against the Hezbella terrorists the Lebanon people support.

It will be interesting to see how the battle unfolds, but it is a good bet it will last weeks, if not months, and the blockade is now the centerpeice of the strategy.

I haven't seen enough information regarding the actions of the IDF in the east to see the strategy against Hamas, but I think it will be similar. The question becomes, how effective will Hamas and Hezbella be against the IDF? How long will Syria and Iran stand aside if Israel becomes successful in their tactics? Finally, how long can Israel carry this on without isolating themselves from the international community and satisfy the overwhelming support for action from the Israeli people.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Arab and Lebanese satellite TV stations ran urgents and beamed pictures across the Arab world. One station showed a man holding the head and torso of a baby killed in the Israeli bombing.

This is the only simi-effective strategy Lebanon can hope for against the IDF, expect more of it daily.

Terrorists and terror supporters talk a tough game from afar, but when the shooting starts in their neighborhood, their weakness is exposed and complaining about getting burned by the fire is all they can really do.

That is the cold, harsh reality.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
someone said on another thread that the IDF website just went down..........this could be it ....WAR!!

[edit on 13-7-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If the Lebananese government can not control or will not try to control a military organization (Hezbollah...and I mean the secuirty wing of it.) from siezing citizens from another soverign nation. Then Lebanon is responsible for harboring these people. And actions against the country of Lebanon is warranted.

Hezbollah was an organization started to get Israel out of Lebanon, and Israel has been out. So what is there purpose now? Shooting rockets into a country and kidnapping citizens. The military wing of Hezbollah has no purpose, but to terrorize.

And since some like to always quote UN resolutions against Israel. I will quote one too.

On January 28, 2005 UN Security Council Resolution 1583 called upon the Government of Lebanon to fully extend and exercise its sole and effective authority throughout the south, including through the deployment of sufficient numbers of Lebanese armed and security forces, to ensure a calm environment throughout the area, including along the Blue Line, and to exert control over the use of force on its territory and from it.

On January 23, 2006 The UN Security Council called on the Government of Lebanon to make more progress in controlling its territory and disbanding militias, while also calling on Syria to cooperate with those efforts. In a statement read out by its January President, Augustine Mahiga of Tanzania, the Council also called on Syria to take measures to stop movements of arms and personnel into Lebanon.

Lebanon is not furfulling the UN obligation, and are against the world authority.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by sbob]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join