It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News : Isreal attacks airport in Beirut

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
One of the 4 missiles did hit. The 3 others impacted arround the ministry on civilian area's (I don't even want to say targets)

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Now they are threatening to bomb Beirut residential areas if Hezbollah fires on Israeli residential areas.

Punishing an entire country because the Lebanese government is too weak to do something even Israel was unable to do.... take out and disarm Hizbollah. Bombing their airport , hurting their tourism and banking industry in an already bad economy will not allow them grow any stronger. I guess thats how they repay a country full of people that were sympathetic to and even allied to Israel. Its also one of the more Pro-western countries in the middle east.
This is one of the reasons why in the past 2 years I have changed my whole attitude in regards to the Israeli government. While leaders of Iran may speak out of their butts and say stupid things, the Israeli leadership speaks from the sides of their mouths. What kind of stuff is "Our response will be very restrained," Olmert promised. "But very, very, very painful." 3x very ?
I can definitly see this expanding and I can even see the Al-queda dips using this as a perfect recruiting tool and PR campaign to join in the fracas. They are giving our forces a hard time in Iraq. I can only imagine what this will bring into Lebanon. I see nothing but bad coming out of this.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Your forgetting Somalia, afghanistan, north korea, and the rest, theres a lot going on right now id say.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
dont see why they dont just launch anti ship missiles at the israeli war ships and sams at their aircraft and artilery shells on israeli positions unless the lebonease are really that patheticay deffenceless they need militia and another country to stand up for them

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The Israelis are as nutty and bloodthirsty as any jihadist. They know damn well the Lebanese have almost no control of their southern border, but they're perfectly happy to dole out collective punishment against them anyway. And our own fanatics will of course support them no matter what atrocities they commit.

It's time for the US to cut Israel loose. They are a strategic liability.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Then maybe Lebanon should take responsiblity for hezbollah whom holds SEATS in its government.

If they let them run rampant... without limiting there power, whos to blame?>

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
And the world lets's Isreal run rampant in hte opression of an entire people...

Inform yourself

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Inform ourselves?
Israel lives amongst numerous nations and militant groups whose entire goal is to wipe Israel off the face of the planet. It sounds like a very wise and smart idea to take things lightly and not to be hard stanced (sarcasm off). You can't fathom what it is like to live in the midst of this sort of militant activity and neither can I.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cephas
Inform ourselves?
Israel lives amongst numerous nations and militant groups whose entire goal is to wipe Israel off the face of the planet.

And let me guess its all there FAULT ?.

IMHO Israel is deliberately creating terrorist with there heavy handed tactics so they can CONTINUE TO PLAY THE SYMPHONY CARD, hense slowly taking over the middle east

[edit on 13-7-2006 by helium3]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
irsael is using the kidnapp of it soliders as a perfect excuse to do a spot of housekeeping.

Hamas and hezbollah have had the chance to play nice and try the political angle, but nope they want israel wiped off the map. and iran and syria will happiley supply the weapons to do it.

Might as well face it, the middle east is going to pot rapidlly. israel now wont stop untill these two organzation are no more, and iran or syria want to step up to the plate and play with the big boys, well WWIII here we come.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by snakebite

Hamas and hezbollah have had the chance to play nice and try the political angle, but nope they want israel wiped off the map. and iran and syria will happiley supply the weapons to do it.

Might as well face it, the middle east is going to pot rapidlly. israel now wont stop untill these two organzation are no more, and iran or syria want to step up to the plate and play with the big boys, well WWIII here we come.

Snakebite,
from what I have read on this so far I think you have give a summery of the situation in about the best way so far.
quite sad really

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The day the West cuts off support for Israel is the day western Civilization collapses. If the U.S. does ever change sides I can almost guarantee a complete economic finacial collapse.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I in no way can see or understand the notion of "kidnapped" enemy soldiers.
Why do people keep trying to put that type of spin on things?

Soldiers are captured by enemy or foreign forces, kidnapping requires at least 1 or all parties to be civilian.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If this reall the start of WW3, one must ask the question,

Would this of happend if the USA hadnt of invaded Iraq?

Probably YES,

but where would IRAQ and IRAN stand ?
would they be TOGETHER?

maybe this justifies Iraq should this kick off.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Israel imposes Lebanon blockade

Israeli warships have entered Lebanese water to block ports, and its only international airport was closed after Israeli missiles blew up its runways.

Raids on targets across south Lebanon have killed at least 35 civilians.

Among the dead were two whole families - one of 10 people and one of seven - killed in the homes near the town of Nabatiyeh, officials said.

US President George Bush described Hezbollah as a "group of terrorists who want to stop the advance of peace".

France and Russia condemned Israel's "disproportionate use of force".

Here we go again.

After the attack on Israel MILITARY forces, the mighy and above the law IDF kill at least 35 CIVILANS - slaughtering entire families in Lebanon.

Collective Punishment is full effect yet again.

Does anybody still remember year 1996, when Israel launched "Grapes of Wrath" raids on Hezbollah killing 100 civilians die under Israeli shelling of UN base at Qana?

And I thought attacking Civilan Infrastructure, such as Bridges, Airports and Residental areas is against the Law and an Act of Terrorism?

Well not if Israel does it - then it always gets the full support from the United States.

And the Circle is Complete.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I know this post is going to stir up some controversy, but I think Israel is doing the right thing here... Think about how many more of it's soldiers would be captured or at risk of being captured if Israel simply stood idle. Israel is not a country to be messed with. They have the manpower, technology, and stockpile to "deal with" ANY country in the middle east accordingly. And they should. The Lebanese gov't harbors terrorists, terrorist organisations, etc. They should be delt with accordingly. God bless the entire middle east should Syria and/or Iran become involved in this conflict. IMHO (and in no way do I condone or agree with it) but I think we will see a nuclear war very soon.... (All it would take is a major rocket hitting the capital of Israel!) God bless this pitiful world.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The invasion is taking its toll.

Tourists Flee Lebanon to Syria After Israeli Raids

Are there any western nationals?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hmmm, interesting. Israel is bombing and killing Hamas, fighting Syria and Irainain backed insurgents all the while providing aide to civilians caught up in the fight.

Good job IDF !

At the Karni crossing, over 100 truckloads of food and 14 generators were allowed in and at the Nahal Oz fuel terminal, 500,000 liters of diesel, 100,000 liters of gasoline and 125 tons of natural gas were allowed in.

Earlier in the week, more than 265 tons of food, a truckload of medicine, over a 1,000,000 liters of fuel, 65,000 liters of chlorine and additional supplies were transferred in. Last week, more than 200 truckloads of food, 1,500,000 liters of fuel, and over 400 tons of natural gas passed into Gaza.

Israel also continues to provide Gaza with an uninterrupted supply of water

www.israelnn.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf

So isn,t that the same as attacking america because mexico did something naughty??

Only if we where giving Mexico money and Intel to do evil things.

How many times do these people get to threaten Israel and disrupt there lives?

Palestine, Iran, Syria and Lebanon wants Israel to be GONE, No more Jews, they have the right to fight back. Nuff said.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
According to BBC News Israel have now attacked a 3rd Airport in Lebanon, the 2nd being a Military Airbase. Apparently the U.N are sending a team over, also.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join