It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America ready to aid Israel?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger
I heard a couple of people mention in another thread, that the U.S Navy were moving out to the area. Can anyone confirm this?

Yep I can confirm.

The closest Aircraft Carrier is the USS Enterprise strike group, which pulled out of the Persian Gulf last week and is on its way to South Korea. From the South China Sea it would take 10 days to get to the region. From South Korea it will take 12-13, which is about the same amount of time it will take from the US Atlantic Coast fleet base in Norfolk, Va.

Earlier this week, the USS Peleliu Strike Group also pulled out of the Middle East, and is currently in Thailand.

There are two other aircraft carriers currently deployed. The USS Kitty Hawk is somewhere in the Pacific, some say involved in RIMPAC 06 but I would bet more likely it is probably somewhere closer to North Korea, and the USS Abraham Lincoln is partisipating in RIMPAC 06, an exercise off Hawaii.

The USS Iwo Jima Expeditionary Strike Group crossed the Suez Canal last week and got to the horn of Africa. It is now reportedly in the Red Sea, so it may be coming up closer to Israel, although it is impossible to know in that region with issues in Somolia getting red hot also.

Someone earlier was downplaying the Hezbollah - Iran connection, well I think that is very silly because the facts are what they are:

Iran has provided Hezbollah 100 million a year for almost 2 decades
Iran has not stopped at rhetoric. It frequently meets with all the major terrorist groups-including Hezbollah, Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, and the PFL-PGC. It actively encourages these groups to use terror to destroy the peace process. It provides them with money--up to several million dollars a year in the case of Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and others and up to $100 million a year for Hezbollah. Iran also supplies them with arms and material support, training, and-in some cases-operational guidance.

Note, that isn't said by some Bush cronie, that is from Clinton's Secretary of State Warren Christopher. That "100 million for Hezbollah per year from Iran" figure is accepted in case law in the US, stemming from kidnappings of Americans by Hezbollah in the 1980s and trials conducted against captured kidnappers. Those with Nexus access should look it up, testimony in those court cases by returned kidnapped victims claim people wearing Iranian military dress often spoke to the kidnappers while they were held hostage.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Nice job finding the aircraft carrier strike groups. I don't think we need one close to Isreal, they have a fully capable air force themselves along with plenty of ground troops. If Syria or Iran attacks Isreal will of course handle their own front, we on the other hand will take out Iran. Sounds convieniant does it not? We need war with Iran because of their nukes, yet we wont fall for the "They have nukes" ploy for another war, maybe we should feel quilty for our Isreali friends to get the American population ready for war. The majority of Americans like Isreal but that isnt a strong majority, and a even smaller majority ready to go to war for her.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
This is such bs. Wars should only be fought by America, FOR America. We should not care about other countries anymore, and butt our noses anyplace. Why are our forces in that god-forsaken region in the first place? The real enemies that are seeking America's demise is China and Russia.

have you seen the fortune top 10 US companies by size ? 9 out of 10 are either auto companies or oil companies,

our economy and future rely on cheap oil, and having an ally in the middle east is crucial

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
1. Exxon Mobil - oil
2. Wal-Mart Stores -retail stores
3. General Motors -auto
4. Chevron -oil
5. Ford Motor -auto
6. ConocoPhillips - oil
7. General Electric - conglomerate (appliance, utility, entertainment, media etc)
8. Citigroup -banking
9. AIG - banking
10. IBM -computers/tech

5 out of 10 are in the auto/oil industry.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's true that it is about the oil. That is the fascist part of the U.S. at war but the other group of the U.S. that have nothing to do about oil also find good reason for war in the region.

The U.S. government is working very tight on this issue and its because of the oil and for future tactical defense.

It is all about Iran. Iraq, Afghan, they've both been about Iran. But Iran is still about a larger picture. The oil companies care about Iran but the ones looking out for the future of the U.S. care about a threat from China and Russia and Iran would be a very strategic foot hold against both those nations. As well as a threat from China and Russia there are many leaders in the world (as well as the U.S. leaders)that believe that stability and the elimination of theocratical nations in that region would be a leap towards peace and stability in the world.

So there are three factors driving the U.S. to the middle east.
Theocracy, China, and oil.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The long range missle attacks against Isreal today did not come from Hezzbolah, or so they say. Is Lebonon striking back or maybe Syria trying to help out?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Just reported to clarify on Hanity and Clomes Iranian forces attacked Isreal from within the Lebonese borders. They fired a rocket at an Isreali town that Isreal has just struck where they believe the attack originated. This is escelating quickly.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Full Article Link

Iran warned Israel against attacking Lebanon's neighbour Syria.

"If Israel commits another act of idiocy and aggresses Syria, this will be the same as an aggression against the entire Islamic world and it will receive a stinging response," Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, said in a telephone conversation with his Syrian counterpart Bashar al-Assad.

Ahmadinejad also told Emile Lahoud, the Lebanese president, that "Iran would put all its potential at the service of Lebanon".

"Iran will stay by the side of the Lebanese in the delicate circumstances in their homeland," he said in a separate phone conversation, according to a statement from the Lebanese government.

Or just more saber rattling?

Only time will tell.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Only time will tell.

I think this is part of both the Iranian and Israeli strategy.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by darksided

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Only time will tell.

I think this is part of both the Iranian and Israeli strategy.

So you think Israel is baiting us to war with Iran? Iran would be trying to shift the worlds eyes away from him before the G8? I don't think Iran cares what G8 thinks about his country, I think he truly thinks he can beat Israel. No one has been able to unite the middle east effectivly, maybe Iran can.. not that I think he will still win.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join