It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel and the Middle East - Apparently full scale war is imminent

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Accoding to teh Radio Iarael shortwave broadcast at 1900UTC the boat suffered minor damage. A far cry from what I'm reading in some posts.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
OMG Listen to Bush.

the president said. "It's really sad where people are willing to take innocent life in order to stop that progress. As a matter of fact, it's pathetic."

Hypocrisy's anyone?
[/url]

Oh golly, that's just too much.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Accoding to teh Radio Iarael shortwave broadcast at 1900UTC the boat suffered minor damage. A far cry from what I'm reading in some posts.

Jerusalem Post

The Israeli warship struck by a Hizbullah-fired missile, killing two aboard and leaving two others missing, returned to its home port in Haifa on Saturday, according to TV footage.

The ship was severely damaged Friday night after it was struck by an Iranian-made, radar-guided C-102 missile.

Maybe the Israeli's initially tried to downplay the incident, or perhaps the attack recieved a fantastic increase in damage when it was revealed to us that Iranians were supposedly behind it.

Thought for food.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have not read all the replies to this thread. It is obvious that this particular offensive was carefully plannned months ago...The purpose of this offensive is an ultimate massive attack against Iranian nuclear and missile facilities. The rest is simple window dressing... This attck is necessary for Israel's survival and will likely occur in the next 7 to 10 days.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
7-10 days is abit fast do u think?
I've been hearing early august mind you.
It'll be very interesting to see how it plays out...
It would give Titor abit more credibility huh

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
...however you spell it... just said... that this is WW3.

I mean, how do you NOT start panic while saying something like that? How does he expect to say something like that and not start riots in the streets and protests and all sorts of stuff?

Where are the people in the streets screaming to end this violence before its too late?

Even online, no one is PREPPING for the worst, even though people are saying "expect the worst" ... we're just all watching it all go down.

Right now I would be setting up plans for friends and family, where to assemble and buying extra food and goods... like... what else do you need to tell you that we're all in deep crap and either do something to stop it or prep for it?

Gas is going to sky rocket in a few days. Watch.

Probably tomorrow actually. When Iran retaliates.

-VMX

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
U really think Iran will retaliate tomorrow? Sorry if this is ignorant.. but retaliate from what?

As far as i know nuthing has been done to involve Iran. Most people are aware that Iran and Syria are pulling the strings but as far as im aware there have been no statements or attacks on these two countries...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger
Maybe the Israeli's initially tried to downplay the incident, or perhaps the attack recieved a fantastic increase in damage when it was revealed to us that Iranians were supposedly behind it.

I was reading around the news and came upon a story in which it quoted a top person in Hezbollah stating that they fired two missiles, one as a decoy essentially, and the other to skim the surface of the ocean, about 3 to 6 feet above, making it extremely difficult to detect. But Israel claimed that the ship had its defenses down, not expecting any kind of missile attack like that. Go figure.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Apparently full scare war is NOT immenent as this thread suggested. Cease fire is already being talked about, once Hezbollah is dismantled IN LEBANON (and it looks like it will be as it is totally cut off from Iran and Syria for resupplies) then it will be over. Iran doesnt want a war either...it is just buying time and deflecting attention from its nuclear issue.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'll be back!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hezbollah will never be disarmed. Hezbollah has taken to the airwaves and media outlets and said that they dont want peace, that they won't disarm, won't return the kidnapped Israeli soldiers, and that there are many " surprises " yet to come. I feel that we are closer to the begining of this conflict that to the end.
We will never have peace as long as these violent terrorist run around and operate unchecked in this region.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickmyers32USA
Hezbollah will never be disarmed. Hezbollah has taken to the airwaves and media outlets and said that they dont want peace, that they won't disarm, won't return the kidnapped Israeli soldiers, and that there are many " surprises " yet to come. I

So far Hezbollah's biggest surprise was the rocket Iran gave them that could reach Tel Aviv....

And Israel Blew that up in a truck before Hezbollah could get it set up.

Am I wrong?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
On BBC2's Newsnight last night, Prince Hassan Of Jordan, seen as a moderate figure in the Arab world, said the following:

That there is rumours circulating Israel has given Syria 72 Hours until Israel begins targetting Syrian targets.

(Israel want Syria to stop Hezbollah?)

The second thing he said was this, that he hopes this is not a war for oil, and "I would hate it to come down to a situation between Israel and 1.4 billion Muslims."

BBC Newsnight still have the interview on their website, for you to watch for yourself.

But there is one thing I also remember.

When Iraq was invaded, I remember the Arab League chief saying something like that another Arab nation invaded after Iraq would be a clear declaration of war on The Arab World.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Regensturm]

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Pictures like these just make me want to scream.

The people responsible for brainwashing these kids are insuring decades of hate and violence.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
war is no sollution......war of anykind here will eventually cause the world to involve. here its between good n evil,right wrong,winner-looser,believer-disbeliever, "eternity together" vs "betrayed forever". its not any country anymore, not abt mericans ,armans, ussians or sians nor yewish nor uslims nemore, not any physical property to fight nemore for . its abt good vs evil. its simple but the most complex at the same time.

u think u can escape the earth by letting others rott in it while u chill away , and u thought u would make a come back ? nopes i dont think so, things will be proven wrong, scientific laws wil be broken, and then ur head will crack, cos u will be too late to thnk anything. didnt u ever notice the time was tickin from its creation. i think the hour is near.

more than anyone else i would love to be corrected myself ? can u answer me something ?? how come there is so many earthquakes and what in the world a living dinosaur doing in africa ? in 2006 ?? how ?? i would like things like BBC CNN to clear these factors which could everntualy lead many people to a lot of conclusions.

once again sorry if i offended anyone, i am very sorry again.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by faran69]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join