It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel and the Middle East - Apparently full scale war is imminent

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

err... i only heard/read that the Israeli AF bombed the runways at
the airport....because it was established that the terrorist orgs were
getting weapons & ammo delivered at the airport.

That's what they are planning. They announced to bomb the Beiruti neighbourhoods.

In addition:

Fortunately, the European Union condemns the Israeli attacks as well. Apparently it's only the US backing up Israel (as usual).

EU accuses Israel over attacks on Lebanon

In the Middle East, Egypt warned that the violence could engulf the entire region in conflict and called on all sides to avoid "being dragged into a new cycle of violence and counterviolence."

"Targeting civilians under the pretext of fighting terrorism is unacceptable and unjustified. Israeli practices violate international law," Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
If Israël didn t entered Gaza in the second place, it wouldn t be such a mess. Hamas and Hezbollah said it, give us back our prisonners for prisonners exchanges and we wont attack you till you bomb us again.

But no, Israël is too much arrogant and want to take advantage of the situation.

No, Israel as always abides by its promise forcefully removes its people from land being given to the 4 year olds. Once again the 4 year olds decide its a victory of their own doing and decide to further agitate isael by kidnapping its people again and rocketing them again.

So Israel tired of tit for tat BS has decided it has no partner to negotiate with and is taking matters into their own ands.. Its about time too!

The terorists figure they can take one israeli and trade him/her for a thousand prisoners and israel is sick of it.

You notice Israel leaves gaza and then gaza becomes a jump off point for attacks against israel... Figure it out twit. Since when has any of those groups done what it said it would do? Once the israelis give up the prisoners the terorists would do it again.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by American Madman]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
As soon as i saw you wrtie "deseart rats" i stopped reading. Please get off this board you ignorant racist idiot. It is people like you who eat up the bull# the media tell you, i do hope you suffer great pain, and die slowly.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Why are you attacking F'ing civilians and killing which may soon escalate to over 100 innocent people for ONE PERSON?! That doesn't make sense.

Actually it makes perfect sense. Start giving the arabs a taste of their own medicine.

Start scaring the hell out the countries supporting the terrorists if not toppling them.
Watch how fast the arabs start calling for a timeout, like they always do, when they relize what they brought upon themselves.

Its about time these people get served a large dose of reality. If a government refuses control a group living in its country then by all means israel has a right to act. Otherwise israel should start its own non official army call it a terrorist group and let them go cross borders and kill whomever they want and then say "Sorry, we can't control them"

The arabs are playing both sides of the coin. About time we do too!

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
i do hope you suffer great pain, and die slowly.

And your so humble and enlightened i see... At least I'm honest enough to call them like I see them.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Not enlightend, just sick of all the blind racism that is put up with on these boards. Where are the mods when you need them?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yeah i sick of the blind racism too, but no one cares when its directed against americans.

And by all means tell me how they aren't rats. They've been offered peace and 99% of what they wanted and they turned it down, they agree to a road map to peace israel makes good on its part the arabs keep attacking israel. Any chance they get to attack israel they take full advantage of. Israel gives up gaza and forcfully removes its citizens from land and the arabs start using gaza to attack israel...

Those good sir are rats... Just like a liar is a liar, a rat is a rat. Does that mean every arab in the mid east and around the world are rats? NO, But the ones in question certainly are. If you don't like it prove me wrong. Saying you want me to die a slow death is you being a hypocrite. But thats ok I've come to expect it from people on this board when they don't agree.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
HAHAHA
Firstly when ever have i mentioned anything about america our americans?

And then you say your proof that these human beings are "rats" is that they have been offerd peace hundreds of times and turned it down. And they take any chance they can to attack israel, in this since they are rats.
They have rejected offers of peace that are unfair to their people, and that soley benefit the nation of israel. Now some extremists attack israel with very primitive weapons and they are rats for it? Never knew rats knew how to handle a rpg's? Or even be able to throw a rock?

So i dont know what sort of rats you know, ones that can acturly say no to peace deals, and use conventional weapons.

You degrade certain groups of people with words like that, and if you are going to use language like that go somewhere else.

P.S. They only withdrew from gaza to fortify their power in the region, so they could blow the hell out of it, like they are doing right now. It wasnt a act of peace, thats why so many people where confused by the move by israel. Since israel has never done anything like it befor, they were planning for large conflict.

[edit on 113131p://upThursday by wang]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think you're taking it the wrong way, Wang.

I personally think Osama Bin Laden and his cronies are rats, and violent extremists are rats, but that doesn't mean I'm being racist.

If you call a black man on deathrow "scum" for murdering a bunch of people, does that mean you think all black people are scum?

P.S. They only withdrew from gaza to fortify their power in the region, so they could blow the hell out of it, like they are doing right now. It wasnt a act of peace, thats why so many people where confused by the move by israel. Since israel has never done anything like it befor, they were planning for large conflict.

Yes, Israel wanted Hamas and Hezbollah to kidnap their soldiers.

Israel is in a catch 22. If they stay in Gaza, they're the occupying infidels. If they leave Gaza, Gaza is used as a launching pad to attack them, and when they retaliate, their retreat from Gaza is seen as some master plan and precursor to a larger conflict.

They can't win. Some people have such a blind hatred for Israel that no matter what they do, there is some grand evil scheme to destroy the Arab empires.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
No problem anymore.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Israel has peace with egypt.. WHY?

Because egypt and israel are both grown up enough to make good.

Israel gave up the a significant portion of developed land to egypt for peace and both have kept their word.

The deals offered to the palestinians were not crappy. They gave everything except total control of jerus. and right of return. They were willing to give them everything else and arrafat turned it down cause they want all of israel and to eliminate them.

As for what you think is proper lmao go tell it to someone who cares....

The palestinian will never be happy partly because they don't want to be. The arab world uses them as a pawn and want no resolution. Otherwise they lose an excuse for terrorism...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Enough with the personal attacks, please. Focus your discussion on the topic at hand, not each other. I realize this is an emotional and controversial topic, but if you cannot post on topic and with a modicum of maturity and mutual respect, then simply don't post.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Now i do believe that israel has the right to exist, but the way they bought it into existence was i think moraly wrong. They stole palestinian land, with their ancient claims on the land. Now palestians since that day have felt they have lost apart of their country, and they do feel that being pushed to the sourhtern regions of their country, living in ghetto's is not what they feel as a "good peace deal". Now i do believe their are extremists on both sides who are throwing gasoline on the fire, while the masses are the ones who suffer. Now i dont have a resolution for the conflict in the middle east, but i do feel that western opinion about the conflict is obscured by the media for zionist agendas. So to degrade the palestians further, i find unfair. Israel just has as much or even more blood on their hands.
Remember when your mumma use to tell ya two wrongs dont make a right? I wished politicians listened to their mothers.

I do apologize for the personal attack, it was written in a moment of anger. But i must say my first warning in being a memeber for over a year and more, i feel kinda special having one.

[edit on 113131p://upThursday by wang]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Actually my mother's side of the family is entirely Lebanese, so don't say I'm being against Lebanon here, since I love the Lebanese people.

I just think the country has been overrun by people with different agendas than peace, stability, and economic success. Anything that brings an end to that situation is what I want.

DJ
I am first generation American-Lebanese and was born maronite catholic. i agree with you on the agendas part and that Lebanon is rife with different factions. It used to be majority Christian at one time, but that was one of the main problems there as well...lots of prejudice against Muslims in Government. It caused a lot of problems.
As far as the palestinians go, well I don't have to be a Muslim to have compassion for people being mistreated, if you have ever been to Lebanon you will also see them being mistreated there as well, and its just not right. These people are entitled to a home just as much as anyone else and no one should be against this idea wether Christian, Muslim or Jewish. To say these people manifested themselves out of thin air and not entitled to live there is a lie and a horrible excuse for not working towards helping them or supporting them. (Not saying you said this) Shoving over 1million people in a swath of land no larger then 28 miles long is not a fair and balanced solution. I do not believe for 1 minute the Lebanese government sanctioned this attack by hezbollah, nor do i think Iran or Syria did either, I believe this was just something done between hizbollah and the palestinian people themselves or maybe just possibly something that Hizbollah saw as being a chink in the armor while the Israelis were busy in Gaza.

I, like you, and other Christian Lebs was also supportive of the Israelis up until about a year or 2 ago, when I started saying to myself that this just isn't right and seeing past the Moslem-Christian thing, and saw it more as a human thing. Not only does it bring instability to the ME , it is also finding its way here in the USA(IE: 9/11) as well since we are viewed as a big enabler in all this mess.

Pie

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Whether Iran or syria directly ordered an attack or not they are responsible.
Hez. is a proxy group of those countries they are funded and supported by them.
Therefor its like a kid who parents are held responsible for its actions.

Lebanon as far as I'm concerned is an unfortunate situation, I don't think lebanon wants this, but they can't tell syria and iran to take a walk.

At the same time that means Israel has to deal with hez. on their own regardless of the border.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hizbollah HQ has just been destroyed.

(source:Hizbollah TV is reporting it).

Its interesting to see what happens now, Hizbollah might move their operations into Syria (take the hostages) so that Israel has to go into Syria. A game of cat and mouse one thinks.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hizbollah leader has declared "open war" and has said that the attack on Israel will go much deep.

Hizbollah chief is claiming that an Israeli naval vassel is on fire and about to sink, but it hasn't been confirmed.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What kind of rockets could hit the ships?????
I seeing this as breaking news now on the news.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If you aren't following the Arab blogs from the region, you are missing out. I'd suggest checking out this roundup of what is going on, because the story on the ground is extreamly interesting.

So far this is clearly my favorite:

Halarious
My dad was a general in the Egyptian army. His comments are always so informative especially if they were related to a war that broke out. He had this to say about Lebanon:

This idiot Nasrallah. He is so funny. He keeps on issuing threats, he has no idea what he is talking about. What Israel is doing to him now is just gentle padding on the shoulders. Abou Shakha dah didn't see what we saw. Israel fought on 3 fronts in 1967 and it was hell. I was there, I saw it all. He has no tanks, no boats, he has nothing except a few toys he got from Iran and it seems abu shakha dah don't know that Israel confronted 3 of the most powerful armies in the region at the same time. If Israel wanted to brutally crush him it can do so in 1 hour.

*Abu Shakha dah literally means "this guy with the piss". We use this slang term to refer to a grown up whose capabilities is of a baby who wets himself.

There are some truly amazing things happening that contradict so much of the analysis, because the analysis isn't accounting for the amazing things happening on the Arab street.

The Counterterrorism Experts have been covering this angle like a hawk. The absence of outrage against Israel on the Arab street is making a lot of noise, and on the Arab Cable Networks, ever since Saudi Arabia blasted Hezbollah the entire tone of the coverage has changed.

Today I have read dozens of Lebanese blogs, and there is quite a bit of anger against Hezbolla in Lebanon, in fact, there is flat out outrage. Follow the links above, and keep following them, the stories go on and on, but the conventional wisdom that Arabs are outraged against Israel right now doesn't fit with the message from the Arab street, which is why conventional wisdom solutions from the UN, EU, and US will fail as well.

This is truly an intersting moment in time, new media sources like the internet and cable networks make it impossible for Hezbollah to control the information. To say they miscalculated the power of free information flow is an understatement.

I think we are witnessing something new, the power of democracy in the Arab world where politics change in the mind of people faster than they do in the government (that is common in the US too btw). Ironic it is the same netroots political people power liberals in the US are so excellent at, yet it is the liberals in the west who aren't getting behind this Arab people power while the fire is hot.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Hizbollah leader has declared "open war" and has said that the attack on Israel will go much deep.

Hizbollah chief is claiming that an Israeli naval vassel is on fire and about to sink, but it hasn't been confirmed.

I don't think it matters, read the Lebanese blogs, listen to the Lebanese people, watch the Lebanese local news networks...

Nasrallah is quickly losing all of his non shia support in Lebanon with his speech yesterday, Lebanon appears to be cutting him off and throwing him to the Israeli wolves.

You are reporting what might be his 'famous last words' speech.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join