It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel and the Middle East - Apparently full scale war is imminent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ok we are getting closer..... Who exactly took the prisoner of war?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
C mon now, Syria and Iran are well know backers and supporters of Hezbollah. If they don't have such control over Hezbollah that they could end this crisis, then I would be very surprised. Like I said Lebanon and Hezbollah are just pawns in this game.

Lebanon is the patsy not a pawn..Hezbollah has the weapons and the free will to do as it pleases. Maybe pawns for Syria, when they want something from syria, otherwise why even bother to start up an organization such as that unless its for your own purposes.

So that still makes it fine and dandy for them to do what they did? You just criticized Israel for such actions, where are your criticisms for Hezbollah?

I see no reason to critisize or praise them. I would just like to see Israel chill the hell out, stop spying, stop assasinating,quit with the subtrefuge and stop killing innocents.If they know where the militants are...go in and arrest them hand-to-hand ,man to man instead of killing hundreds of innocent people with a missile.
I'm still not understanding how in the world they can actually spot these militants (Usually citizens) from high up in the air and they always seem to know where these guys are, yet they still don't know where Cpl. Shalit is.

Again, blame those who started this most recent set of actions on the Lebanon/Israel border. Somebody had to have started the avalanche in the first place.
Tell me who and what particular action triggered this event, would you?

Hizbollah claims to be warriors for all arabs. I believe they were acting on behalf of the palestinians, nothing to do with syria and nothing to do with Iran and surely nothing to do with the Lebanese government sanctioning the attack and abduction.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Ok we are getting closer..... Who exactly took the prisoner of war?

3 militants groups but I didn't find their names.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I agree with you on Lebanon, patsy would be a better term for them.
As for the History of Hezbollah .....
History of Hezbollah

In response Shi'ite Muslims with the assistance of Iranian Revolutionary Guards formed Hezbollah to combat the Israeli presence, and ultimately to assist the Palestinians in their fight for statehood.

While Hezbollah might be a semi-independent now, It has it genesis with Syria and Iran. Those two countries, if they choose to, could force Hezbollah to be a minor player in Lebanon.

I'm sure the Lebanese are just thrilled with Hezbollah's actions in the south of their country. The scary part is Hezbollah has seats in the Lebanese Parliament. I still don't get why the central government of Lebanon doesn't try to disarm them. Are they that strong compared to the Lebanese Army? Again who do we have to thank for that? I'll give you a hint .... Iran and Syria.

I see no reason to critisize or praise them. I would just like to see Israel chill the hell out, stop spying, stop assasinating,quit with the subtrefuge and stop killing innocents.If they know where the militants are...go in and arrest them hand-to-hand ,man to man instead of killing hundreds of innocent people with a missile.

Tell you what, maybe Hezbollah should be man enough to tell them where the soldiers are and then move the civilians out of harms way and duke it out, once and for all. Sorry, but this world isn't operating that way.

Still no need to critsize Hezbollah for acting in it's own or the Palestinain's interest instead of it's home country Lebanon? Sorry, but that's messed up to me.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

3 militants groups but I didn't find their names.

Almost there..... And what nationality are these three militant groups?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I don't know their name so I can't know for sure but i think they are palestinian. And what's the matter?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I just wanted to be sure I got you saying in your own words that "The event that start it all going worst" was the kidnapingof a POW Israeli soldier by Palestinian militants. Correct me if I am misquoting you.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I just wanted to be sure I got you saying in your own words that "The event that start it all going worst" was the kidnapingof a POW Israeli soldier by Palestinian militants. Correct me if I am misquoting you.

What's the point of this little exercise?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
CNN is reporting that Israel bombed Beirut airport...Is Lebbanon just going to sit idle?!

Get ready for the end of days my friends. . .

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
You started out your visit to this thread blaming Israel for what is happening in regards to these latest events. I wanted to make sure you saw who is really to blame. That's all. I apologize for the drawn out way of doing it, but I felt need to make sure you said it, not me. Your work in other thread proceeds you.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
CNN is reporting that Israel bombed Beirut airport...Is Lebbanon just going to sit idle?!

Get ready for the end of days my friends. . .

If this is true, how can Israel bomb the bombed Beirut airport over one Israeli soldier that was kidnapped ?

I just feel sorry for the average Israeli people that will get hurt with retaliation attacks cause there government is high on PCP !

[edit on 13-7-2006 by helium3]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Why did Israel attack Gaza in the first place? Obviously there's the thing with the hostage, but that can't be all that's behind it! I'm sure I heard some other possible reasons in another post but I can't find it.

The whole situation seems to be going a little over the top...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I've always thought that the kidnapped soldier was a cover story for Israel to move troops into the area for their own agenda.

When they first moved in, Israel took out power stations & bridges which to me suggests that they are gonna be there for a while.

Its a military strategy to take out the enemy's power, transport & communications.

Dont get me wrong, every single man is valued and every effort must be made to get their soldiers back but destroying infrastructure is a bit over-kill.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The world should strongly condem any Agressive acts of WAR.

NO MATTER who's side they come from. (be it rockets or bombing airfields)

The attitude of Isreal makes me sick.
I can only hope that smart people in both parties stand up and call for reason in stead of fueling the tension.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Out of all this will emerge an Arab leader who will take control over ALL the Arab states and lead them into a war to end all wars - seems this has been prophesed for hundreds of years and we my just be about to witness it.
By the way there is a spare room in my house in Sydney Australia if the entire Northern Hemisphere population of A.T.S. needs a place to stay.....

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slaine01
Out of all this will emerge an Arab leader who will take control over ALL the Arab states and lead them into a war to end all wars - seems this has been prophesed for hundreds of years and we my just be about to witness it.

For quite some time I've seen this coming. The ever during tensions between the Western and Arab world are very close to a point of no returning. Our western leaders should condem these shameful Irsaeli acts of war. There's no excuse for punishing an entire country for the kidnapping of an Israeli soldier by an terrorist organization.

The next couple of days/weeks will point out whether the situation will acceleration or not. Israel already accussed Damascus of being a terrorist haven. As soon as Syria starts to meddle with the conflict (fraternization among Muslim brothers will be rather stronger than history - the occuptation of Libanon, by Syria). If this scenario actually is going to happen, Iran is likely to intervene as well, at that point we will have reached the point of no returning.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It just seems a little over over-board to mobilise the whole army to rescue originally one soldier & now two.

There has been nine Israeli soldier deaths so far.

Special forces are usually used in such cases and now they have put more lives at risk and I bet more captives will be taken.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Maybe this is why Israel pulled out of the Gaza strip, so that when they attacked they wouldn't make the mistake of killing their own people.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I should be asleep but this is wild stuff happening.

Israel says navy blocks Lebanese seaports Thursday July 13, 08:37 AM

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel said on Thursday its naval vessels were in Lebanon's territorial waters and blocking access to ports as part of an offensive launched after Lebanese Hizbollah guerrillas captured two soldiers in a border clash.

"Since this morning Israeli naval vessels have enforced a full naval closure on Lebanon, because Lebanon's ports are used to transfer both terrorists and weapons to the terror organisations operating in Lebanon," a military spokesman said.

10:57 France calls IDF offensive `disproportionate act of war` (Reuters)
10:46 Peretz: Israel won`t let Hezbollah operatives return to their border posts (Israel Radio)
10:33 IDF: Navy vessels in Lebanese waters blocking seaports (Reuters)
10:21 Electricity shut off in parts of Galilee (Haaretz)
10:20 More than 60 Katyusha rockets fired at Israel since Thursday morning (Haaretz)
10:15 Israel intends to impose sea and air blockade on Lebanon (Army Radio)

www.haaretz.com...

[edit on 13-7-2006 by bluefig]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem
There has been nine Israeli soldier

22 Lebanese Civilians, including a family of 12 by Israeli forces, and 1 Israeli civilian killed while on the balcony of her house in Israel by Hizbollah rockets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join