It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel and the Middle East - Apparently full scale war is imminent

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Israel and the Middle East - Apparently full scale war is imminent.

Here are some facts you might not yet know...

Iran's military has been put on high alert.
Syria's military is also on high alert.
Lebanon has begun moving troops south towards their boarder with Israel.
And of course, Israel has called up all of its reserves and is moving troops north towards Lebanon, saying that they just may march all the way through it.
Iran’s national security adviser is now in Damascus.
Iran has stated that any attack against Syria will be considered an attack against Iran.
Israel is blaming Iran for instructing Lebanon (and of course Syria as well) to open a "second front" AGAINST Israel to draw pressure off of the Gaza invasion.

Its been rumored that Israel is using chemical weapons against the Palistinians.

Israel has stated that it is at war. Its citizens living in its NORTHERN BOARDER have been ordered in to bomb shelters.

Bush has said that Israel must do what ever it needs to do to protect itself.

Syria has stated the Israel deserved the attacks its taken from Hezballah... Syria is accused of backing these attacks.

Israel has just stated that its about to under take extreme measures if necessary to return its safety.

NOTE: People living in the US near military bases are claiming VERY HEAVY TRAFFIC is underway. There have been reports of this for weeks now, but apparently its at an all time high. - (this is only observation by posters from other boards who are carefully watching the situation)

NOTE: Its widely rumored since the early days of the Iraq war that Iraqs WMD were shipped to Syria well before that war started.

NOTE: CNN and FOX are already in PROPAGANDA MODE... with headlines stating that "THE MIDDLE EAST HAS EXPLODED" .... fill up your gas tanks now.

NOTE: Wasn't Syria JUST ABOUT to stop using US PETRO DOLLARS? Didn't VENEZUELLA just announce it was cutting off oil shipments to the US? Does this not look well organised and connected to you?

Have I missed anything? Why don't we keep THIS one going because it looks like we're in for one long story.

-VMX

Do not doubt that this is the begining of the excuse to hit Syria, pulling Iran in to action.. so that the US (or Israel itself) can finally have an excuse to hit Iran.

ALSO... do not be surprised if a large terror attack takes place in either the US or Israel within the next 48 hours.

I'm also curious about the extra police presence in Washington. This "CRIME EMERGENCY" ... and the rumors about NORAD being on FULL ALERT right now.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by Vis Major X]

mod edit: spelling in title

[edit on 7/12/2006 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've heard, seen, read many similar reports over the last couple of days. Don't forget the North Korea and India situations as well.

Other stories you may have missed: Venezuela announced that it would stop selling gas at many of it's Citgo (sp?) stations and only sell in states where it had refineries (Texas and Illinois I believe). Syria announced that it was removing the dollar peg to it's currency and moving it's reserves to the euro.

It doesn't look good.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Holy Jesus! Great Heads Up Post!
I think the only reason that can possibly explain why this thread hasn't received more posts is everyone an out of their house screaming, jumped into their car, and went to fill up the gas tank. I actually turned on the news and just saw Isreal drop a bomb on the something...and I ran out the door to fill up my tank now...at least check and see if the price changed...then i realized I was wearing my socks...and decided to write this post...now i'm going to the gas station.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
Holy Jesus! Great Heads Up Post!
I think the only reason that can possibly explain why this thread hasn't received more posts is everyone an out of their house screaming, jumped into their car, and went to fill up the gas tank. I actually turned on the news and just saw Isreal drop a bomb on the something...and I ran out the door to fill up my tank now...at least check and see if the price changed...then i realized I was wearing my socks...and decided to write this post...now i'm going to the gas station.

I think you are being way too dramatic.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
On a side note, gas has been coming down in the Detroit/Ann Arbor, Michigan area oer the past few days... Where it is usually one of the highest priced places in the country.

On Sunday it was between 3.05-3.11 a gallon, now it's down to 2.97-3.06 a gallon. Those are prices for regular unleaded.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The price of Gas already went up its now $2.99 in New Jersey... it was just $2.85-.89 all week... why the jump all of a sudden...in the middle of the day? and the gas attendant who is a muslim...but speaks english (i live in jersey...we're not allowed to pump our own gas by law) he said that the price would be higher tomorrow...after i asked him of coarse. I don;t think that this is just another Israel incident... Isreal has stated that it is at war... I can see things getting hot very quick. Everyone was just waiting for the right PRETEXT to war...now both sides have one.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by Where2Hide2006]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vis Major X
Israel and the Middle East - Apparently full scale war is imminent.

War with Israel is no more imminent then what many thought about a War starting with Iran. Relax it is not as bad you might think it is. they have been going through this for years and now is no different then 5 years ago :shk:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
gas prices have been slowly climbing.
Right now its around 3.20 in westchester.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I heard today that Israel is ready to take serious measures against Lebanon, that all targets are
valid and that the strikes on Lebanon may set them back 20 years.

At this point I could care less if they knock the living snot out of each other
as long as they give the innocent and peaceful a chance to move to safety.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Time will tell but the Middle East has been through more wars then I care to count and still the oil flows. That's the one problem with being a one major export region, you are just as hooked on it as the gasoline junkies on the other side.

Unfortunate timing for Lebanon unless they can somehow resolve this situation quickly. Israel doesn't seem to be in much of a mood for diplomacy. Syria needs to watch it as well, which they will. Lebanon really needs to get a grip on it's southern border.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

LEBANON'S Shiite Muslim Hezbollah militia claimed today to have hit the Israeli army's northern headquarters twice in two hours with mortars, causing casualties.

The Israeli army confirmed a mortar shell had hit the Branit army base near the Israeli border town of Netua, but said no one was injured. Branit is the headquarters of the army division in charge of the Lebanese border.
After the second attack, the Shiite militia boasted of having "once again bombarded the Branit base."

Hezbollah's armed wing, the Islamic Resistance, said it had "bombarded the command centre of the Galilee contingent with artillery and rockets in retaliation for the continued aggressions by the Israeli army."

"The post took a direct hit and there were losses in enemy ranks," it said in a statement.

Source
Guess these guys aren't messing with Qassams. I'm glad its not a report of any innocent civilians, but as the Israelis government says it might be inevitable when it does happen. This was all predictable. No human being is going to sit back and allow a people to just # on them day after day with excuse after excuse of palestinian civilian deaths as being acceptable. We did not accept it in Nazi germany, we did not accept it in Communist Russia and we did not accept it in Apartheid South Africa, so why do we accept it now in 2006?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
You sound almost happy that both sides have slapped each other in the face with gloves. Why do you seem to support Hezbollah's cross border incursion to capture Israeli soldiers? Make no mistake about this, if Hezbollah doesn't do this then none of what happens next would take place.

Place the blame on those who started this most recent event at the Lebanon/Israel border. Of course in the middle east there is so much payback for paybacks I'm not surprised no one keeps track anymore.

I wonder who gave Hezbollah the green light to do this? Surely they would not have acted without informing their pay-rollers and masters. Hezbollah and Lebanon are just pawns in a much wider game of chess in the region.

Now Lebanon will suffer because of Hezbollah's and their supporter's actions. Nobody should be happy with that but now the die is cast, and the rest must play out. Hopefully something will be resolved before it gets too far, but doesn't look good.

Man, has this part of the world been messed up for most of human history or what?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I guess Israel could just sit back and watch as their soldiers are continuously captured. These militant groups should know who they are dealing with by now. They are dealing with Israel, who doesn't mess around when it comes to issues such as this.

It is the militants' own stupidity that lead to this fiasco and Israel is definately not to blame. Israel handed over Gaza but Palestinians have been so smart as to continuously lob rockets over the border and captrue an Israeli soldier. The Lebanese terrorist group is so smart as to cross over the border and capture two other soldiers after seeing Israel's reaction to what happened in Gaza after one was captured. These guys are idiots and Israel should have no blame placed on their shoulders as they are simply reacting to warlike behavior towards their armed forces. These militants messing with Israel are about as smart as someone plucking hair from a lion's chin.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
You sound almost happy that both sides have slapped each other in the face with gloves. Why do you seem to support Hezbollah's cross border incursion to capture Israeli soldiers? Make no mistake about this, if Hezbollah doesn't do this then none of what happens next would take place.

Half of the pro-Israeli's here are excstatic about bombing Lebanon...I wasn't aware that everyone should follow suit and be happy for Israel and her military might

I think it makes a good example of how it feels to have other people infringe upon you. When Israel flew over Syria to threaten the Syrian president, asassinating various political leaders within Palestine and in other nations, killing innocent civilians. It doesn't seem like they like it too much when something is out of their control and they aren't the ones doing the dirty work. Right now they are involving Syria and Iran, and this is before any proof is even laid out.
Maybe just maybe Hezbollah was just in cahoots with the Palestinians? Perhaps if Israel didn't go nuts over 1 soldier and make a huge military incursion into Gaza this might not have happened.

I remember years ago during the Son of Sam killings how people would dress up as women and go out in cars and wait to try to catch him. When things go a little too far, and people get tired of it they will take matters into their own hands even if it puts their own lives at risk.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by The PieMaN
Right now they are involving Syria and Iran, and this is before any proof is even laid out.

C mon now, Syria and Iran are well know backers and supporters of Hezbollah. If they don't have such control over Hezbollah that they could end this crisis, then I would be very surprised. Like I said Lebanon and Hezbollah are just pawns in this game. If Hezbollah is involved then Syria and Iran are involved to some degree. Hezbollah would not exist in it's current form if not for the efforts of those two countries. Prove to me otherwise. Hezbollah are just their proxy fighters.

Maybe just maybe Hezbollah was just in cahoots with the Palestinians?

So that still makes it fine and dandy for them to do what they did? You just criticized Israel for such actions, where are your criticisms for Hezbollah?

Again, blame those who started this most recent set of actions on the Lebanon/Israel border. Somebody had to have started the avalanche in the first place.

Tell me who and what particular action triggered this event, would you?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If Israël didn t entered Gaza in the second place, it wouldn t be such a mess. Hamas and Hezbollah said it, give us back our prisonners for prisonners exchanges and we wont attack you till you bomb us again.

But no, Israël is too much arrogant and want to take advantage of the situation.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
If Israël didn t entered Gaza in the second place,

Back up a second will ya. What was the first place event that caused the second place event to take place?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I found this an interesting development.

Source
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak implicitly accused Damascus of wrecking his attempts to mediate a deal for the release of Cpt. Cpl. Gilad Shalit, snatched by Hamas-linked militants on June 25.

Hamas was subjected to "counter-pressures by other parties, which I don't want to name but which cut the road in front of the Egyptian mediation and led to the failure of the deal after it was about to be concluded," Mubarak told Cairo's Al-Ahram Al-Massai newspaper.

I think it is interesting how the prevailing theory that the entire Arab world is behind Hamas or Hezbella doesn't meet reality. Hamas is taking a politcal beating from several Arab countries, particularly in the hearts and minds war.

Something bothers me about this whole thing.

Conventional wisdom is the US would have known ahead of time that Israel was going to go to Gaza, yet instead of prepositioning troops for such actions, it is noteworthy that just last week the rotating US Aircraft Carrier that has been on station in the Persian Gulf since 2002 was pulled out, and the closest deployed US aircraft carrier is in the South China Sea, not the Persian Gulf region.

Think about it, from 2002 until only 10 or so days ago the US Navy kept both a CSG and an ESG in the region, and now the closest ESG is in the Arabian Gulf, while the closest Aircraft Carrier is in the South China Sea? Nice timing...

Add the fact that it is the European Navies patrolling the areas around Iran, for the first time ever the US doesn't lead any of the 3 multi-national task forces in the region, and it just seems very odd to me that all of this war breaks out with the US Navy further from the region than it has been at any time since 2002, and the trend only started less than 2 weeks ago.

Is the US intentionally putting European Naval ships in harms way, after all, if Iran hits a US ship Europe might shrug, or even say the US deserves it. But what if a French, Spanish, or Italian warship is blown up by Iran?

BTW, if anyone sees any confirmed media reports by western media that Iran ordered the Hezbella kidnappings I'd be interested. So far no western media has reported it, but European intel sources are claiming EU intel intercepted the instructions from Iran to Hezbella.

It is noteworthy that Syrian and Iranian military forces went on high alert yesterday, with both countries mobilizing their Air Force and Navy, and Syria is mobilizing its Army. While most of the Middle East shrugged, US forces in Iraq took notice, and so did Turkey and Bahrain.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by darksided
BTW, if anyone sees any confirmed media reports by western media that Iran ordered the Hezbella kidnappings I'd be interested. So far no western media has reported it, but European intel sources are claiming EU intel intercepted the instructions from Iran to Hezbella.

Nice find btw on the Egypt article.

Just curious what exactly would be a confirmed media report like you mention? I would think at best some scraps would turn up, nothing really hard that you could confirm. Do you have some links for the EU intel claims you mention?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by Vitchilo
If Israël didn t entered Gaza in the second place,

Back up a second will ya. What was the first place event that caused the second place event to take place?

Maybe the prisonner of war? The event that start it all going worst?

[edit on 13-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join