It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAXED 8mm film footage proves nothing about project "S"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
You know... I don't think the person who posted this video is the one who shot it. If you look in the comments of the various videos videos he posted you can see the author daniel9223 talks with people about "suspending disbelief." You know, something else asks that you "suspend disbelief," prowrestling.

-O

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Why is this thread still active? It's clear without a doubt that it is a hoax, in BOTH videos the same tattoo is seen.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Who changed the title?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRanchMan
Who changed the title?

Just noticed that myself , bit late for that

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
daniel9223 = daniel davenport = bill taylor
( donatacom.com... )

daniel davenport works for the interactive marketing firm THINK inc.

Of course it's a hoax, and probably not intended to be believed by anyone, except for a few seconds.

Oh well, we're talking about it and lots of us have seen it now, so I guess he achieved his aims.

Any publicity is good publicity right?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
LOL Springer changed the title. Nice!

Have you guys read the stuff on the serpo.org site ? Specifically the 7 July "update"? From what I've read, and I haven't read all of it - it seems as if its slamming well known ATS'ers for trying to intentionally discredit it? And being an imposter anonymous? *shrug*

It makes me wonder why all the attention anyway - if serpo is fake, its fake - let it be. Why all the websites aimed at discrediting it?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Why does someone even bother with such an obvious hoax? Is it to draw attention?
From what I saw of the video it looks like two guys planned all this.
If it were real, wouldn't the attacker have destroyed the video?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You know i just noticed, there aren't any markings on the guys uniform that distinguishes him as an officer. I'm active duty navy, so i'm not 100% on air force uniforms, but there should be some markings (eg on the shoulder, or around stitched in the wrist collar of the uniform) which denotes his rank.

Come on guys, atleast TRY and LOL @ the IFC logo. thats awesome.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. It seems that there have been some misunderstandings. The original 8mm Serpo footage from which this segment originates came from a box of military memrobilia that was left to me by my uncle Major General James Taylor after he died. I think he wanted to encourage me to join the military after college but luckily I have more sense. I admit that I tampered with the footage and added some extra bits. I probably wouldnt have done that if I had known what Serpo was at the time. I can see why people might think that this makes the authenticity questionable.

As for the remaining 3 hours of the footage I am going to make as much of it as possible available to view for free.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
LOL

From what I've read of this thread, if somebody wants to make videos like this, shouldn't they at least try to make it authentic?

Or are they trying to prove that there's a sucker born every minute?

I guess in this case it didn't work.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zinadene I admit that I tampered with the footage and added some extra bits. I probably wouldnt have done that if I had known what Serpo was at the time. I can see why people might think that this makes the authenticity questionable.

Well for starters, you presented this as "evidence".

Any evidence tampered with, is by definition, faulty. I rest my case.

2 cents

btw - just the fact that it was tampered with, by your own admission, refutes it as evidence altogether.

So now, even if you present an unadulerated version of it, it will never be truly taken seriously.

2 more cents.

[edit on 7/12/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Soooo,

Your trying to say that the video is real, but you altered it to add in the special effects/cg etc? Come on man, the whole thing is fake!

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zinadene
... this segment originates came from a box of military memrobilia that was left to me by my uncle Major General James Taylor after he died.

Not to stir up past memories but when exactly did he pass away?

Also, can you verify his place of birth?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
IS BANNED for putting up knowingly FALSE information. bThe guy who made the "film" admitted on another forum it was faked.

Thread closed, hell I might delete it. What say you all? Delete or just close?

Springer...

[edit on 7-12-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
buh-bye

$.02

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I say close it but don't delete.

Like a head on a pike let it stand as a reminder to all those who would hoax and support hoaxers.

Beware all ye who enter here, leave thy shenanigans at the door.

Spiderj

link   
Well,

He did admit to tampering with it. I for one would like to see the full length to digest...if not for anything other then passing time and combating boredom.
*shrug* Perhaps leaving the thread open could be used as a reference in combating future "serpo video" proof or something along those lines.

Just my suggestion.

link   
Move it to BTS for entertainment value.

There should be a seperate forum for debunked hoaxes, imo.

anyone else think so too?

[edit on 7/12/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Close but leave it. It's a good example of ATSers ripping a hoax apart, and what happens to the people that start them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join