It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to put a question out there

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have a book called Weird Pennsylvania. I found a couple things in this book that facinated me. One is the Tripp Lake Rock Piles and the other is The Cairns of Suquehanna County. Both of these are in Susquehanna county in two different locations. So here is the question, do you think that the Suquehannock Indians built these rock formations? Some of the ideas that were in the book seemed a little far fetched for me. One of them being that the piles were made by mentally challenged members of the then European society that was settling in the area to keep them occupied and away from the real work. The big problem with this is that in one area there are over 200 of these standing and another good number of them destroyed by trees growing up through them. In other words highly immprobable. Another theory is that they could have been made by Celtic or Phonecian explorers as early as 800 BC. This seems to be another immprobable situation as well. It possibly being a Susquehannock Indian sacred site, to me seems to be the most logical explanation.

The other reason I ask this, is because I Googled, Yahooed, MSNed, and a few other search engines and came up with nothing, including here. Now I do understand that it's very insignificant to lets say Egypt, Mesopotamia, and the like, but it's very interesting to me because I don't have to spead a small fortune if I want to see them for myself since they are only about 200 miles from me. There is one other avenue I'm going to try once I get home from work, hopefully that will shed a little more light on the situation, but before I do, I want to ask about the credibility of Norman Muller. He found a site similar to this one in Georgia with pottery that was dated around 500AD. Thanks for reading.

Edit: Came back in here to fix some grammatical errors. 12:04AM 7/13/06

[edit on 12-7-2006 by Skullcrusher]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Asfor the thing near you, i searched it aswell, and turned up nothing, but asfor the Georgia pottery, ive seen it, its at the state park in North GA, the Etowah indian mounds, there were many things they dated 500Ad and beyond!

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I just found some of the work by Norman Muller, what I'm going to do is once I get home tonight, I'm going to link the pages I found, 3 in all to this thread and keep digging. Kinda cool when the lost civilization is almost in the backyard so to speak.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Please bear with me, first time posting links so i hope they work LOL.

Stone Rows and Boulders

Early Stone Cairns and Rows in Eastern Pennsylvania

Fall Meeting Preview: Vermont Platform Cairns

The third one I posted is from a site in Vermont, but is has some of the charictaristics of the one in PA. Something could be learned from it possibly. I know it is alot of speculation, but from what I am finding out, nothing much is known about them, so in a way I am very interested in them in that reguard.

join